Why did Allah spread His message through books and messengers?

Abd Al-Karim

So an all powerful God exists and has an important message to give mankind, and does so by relying on text? By relying on languages that die off, by relying on hearsay and third-hand accounts of miracles? And this is the reason to believe, to have faith?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I am not sure of your purpose on the forum.

Allah subhana wa taala gave us language. How fortunate that we are given knowledge of the Creator. He gave us tools to communicate with each other.

There are first hand accounts of miracles. Your life.

Now, your lack of respect for the Lord of Mankind is very frightening.

Please be so kind as to be strong enough to show yourself.

Abd Al-Karim

These are general questions that people have so what's the issue with inquiring from others who have more knowledge? Is it not the obligation of Muslims to spread the knowledge of Islam if they have it when a person asks sincerely? I find your response as being slightly intolerant, please bare with me when I pose questions. Thank you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

It is the manner in which the question is posed. As Muslims we must always be respectful of Allah subhana wa taala. There are many here with knowledge who will assist you.

From His Absolute Knowledge we are given knowledge. The best of knowledge for us is Him.

The civilizations that have vanished He has told us about them. And the Quran will not change.

How do you define hearsay and how are you limiting hearsay? Are you suggesting that there is no author of the Quran, the Torah, the Psalms of Doud and the Bible?

Abd Al-Karim

My life is a miracle? What about the life of the botfly? Or the smallpox virus? Are they miracles? May I kindly suggest you read yourself a science textbook and stop reading religious texts.

strive-may-i

On behalf of all those who believe there exists a creator and that "life is a miracle", let me say a few things, kindly bear with me:
My life is a miracle? What about the life of the botfly? Or the smallpox virus? Are they miracles? May I kindly suggest you read yourself a science textbook and stop reading religious texts.

If you know science well and what miracle means, the life of botfly, your life, my life, Aapa's life , Abd Al-Hadi's life, even virus all are miracles. If you still insist your life is not a miracle, then I must add further, "you have a choice to take a relook, with fresh clean unprejudiced state", there that's the message of creator said in my own words. I once heard a debate between the creationist and the atheist. The atheist clearly pointed out he does not like that there should exist a creator! So that self-deceit coupled with intelligence and lack of faith made him a good debator, a waste of time and space for those who believe in god.

So an all powerful God exists and has an important message to give mankind, and does so by relying on text? By relying on languages that die off, by relying on hearsay and third-hand accounts of miracles? And this is the reason to believe, to have faith?
Yes Creator has a message to give to mankind and has done it in ways that was best for its times. Currently (and till end of world), it is Quran and Sunnah of Prophet:saw:. Some choose to retain third-hand accounts of miracles out of bias, call a language dead by bias, while others spend time and effort to be certain they end up inculcating the message and applying life's journey here on earth.

These are general questions that people have so what's the issue with inquiring from others who have more knowledge? Is it not the obligation of Muslims to spread the knowledge of Islam if they have it when a person asks sincerely?
There is no need of excessive words, but serious non self-deceiving contemplation. There are signs in entire creation, and there is a difference between looking and seeing. The essence of creator cannot be grasped or compared to, by man. We will never have figures or statistics to completely quantify the creator.

stop reading religious texts
I find your response as being slightly intolerant, please bare with me when I pose questions.
Either its your intolerance or your tolerance, time will tell. ( See the marooned font color above )

Thank you.
Welcome.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I am not sure of your purpose on the forum.

Me neither. Something seems fishy to me.

Now, your lack of respect for the Lord of Mankind is very frightening.

Indeed.

Seriously? Then why did you admit being a Muslim? The above statement, brother, seems to come from someone who doesn't believe in God. An atheist.

These are general questions that people have so what's the issue with inquiring from others who have more knowledge? Is it not the obligation of Muslims to spread the knowledge of Islam if they have it when a person asks sincerely? I find your response as being slightly intolerant, please bare with me when I pose questions. Thank you.

What you give, you get back. You came to an Islaamic forum, post a controversial question (not really, though) without even giving salam. We shall be tolerant, inshaa Allaah but not with this kind of lack in basic manners of yours, brother.

Thanks for the advice, but no, thank you. You, on the other hand, posted a religious question. The best source to answer it is from a religious text which can be supported WITH sciences findings. But not all of the sciences are true because they revolve and there are always new findings that will replace the old ones. So should we rely 100% on science? No, I won't.

Wow, I can't believe I had to quote all your posts to reply. I just hope you're not a spam. Sincere advice: Read the Qur`an with an open heart.

Have a good day.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
May I kindly suggest you read yourself a science textbook and stop reading religious texts.

AssalaamuAlaikum,

Next you are gonna tell me, We all evolved from monkeys/apes (or) whatever you call them.. If am not wrong, Darwin's Theory.. LOL.. :D
It's good to ask questions and clear your doubts.. Everyone would help you out over here brother.. But it's a simple request, frame your questions in a proper manner, in a polite way and most importantly.. Have an OPEN MIND :)

InshaAllah you will get all your answers.. MAy Allah(SWT) guide you..
Peace :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

Faith is in the heart. Arabic hasn't died off, as the sister above already said. And accounts from 1400 years ago aren't that old either. Extreme care has been taken to preserve the Quran and the Hadiths.

If text is unreliable, what in your opinion would be the more reliable method? Is there any method at all that would give someone who does not wish for faith to achieve it? If you wanted the message to come down with an angel, or written on a heavenly tablet, those who wished to disbelieve in it would find all excuses and still say "This is undoubtedly a great magic!"

I find it very ironic that you chose to name yourself "Abd Al-Karim." Do you have any idea what that means? Maybe you could try believing in the name you chose for yourself. "Slave of the most Generous." ie. Allah's slave. When you typed those characters in, a part of you did believe that you are Allah's slave, right?

user expired!

Dear Abd al Karim, The Quran clearly states that Allah sent a messenger from the people who spoke their language, Arabic, Which is still spoken today and understood by Arabs and Non Arabs and Muslims and non-Muslims.

Also in a time where there was no internet, IPads, Kindles or social media, textual evidence and memorization has to be the key forms of recording history if not the only forms, don't you agree?

What is faith without any form of testing?
What method do you think would have been most appropriate and why?