Choosing A Man

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
:salam2: Sisters & Brothers,

Choosing someone to stick with for the rest of your life is actually a hard thing do. Hopefully through this post I can help my sisters to get an idea of what they should look out for (inshallah) :)

Fist of all, let me start with this verse from the Quran:

"do not prevent them from marrying their husbands when they agree between themselves in a lawful manner" (Quran 2:232)

Getting married is a very hard thing as it requires commitment, loyalty, honesty, trust, love, respect etc in order to gain these you need to know the other person. The satan will try his very best to break your relationship up into peaces. If you do not have a say in your marriage, it would be more easier for the satan to play with your mind and eventually lead to divorce. The only halal thing that is disliked by Allah (swt) is divorce "Among all the permitted acts, divorce is the most hateful to God". This is just to state that force marriages aren't the way to happiness, however some people (alhamdulilah) get along perfectly well together.

What you should look in a man:

I would say the first thing you should look for in your future partner should be if they have deen, this applies to both men and women to be honest. If the person has deen then they will love you for the sake of Allah and if this is so then inshallah Allah will bestow his blessing upon you.

If I was to search for a husband, I would look at how he carries himself for example if he wears appropriate clothes (no sagging), how he walks (no limping), how he talks and how he is towards people.

Do not choose a man because he has beauty on the outside, rather choose a man who is beautiful from the inside and Allah will make him appear beautiful from the outside inshallah. A man who has wealth may use it for the right reasons but some do not, so remember money can not buy happiness and love.

Marry a man who is wise in character, firm in belief, yearns jannah, has thirst for knowledge of Islam, has respect for his parents and inshallah he will be good to you

Obviously when you get married to someone, you both are to change your lifestyle to fit into each others. Making changes to ourselves for the better for our 'married future' would benefit both the man and woman. This allows the couple to accept changes and helps to keep away from arguments

images (1).jpg

Hope this has helped (inshallah)

Feel free to add more things that could help inshallah

May Allah help us succeed in our attempt of a perfect marriage (Ameen)

And lastly the best thing that I can advice both a man and a woman regarding this, is to find a man who is trying his very best to be like our beloved prophet (saw) and for men find a woman who is trying her best to be like Bibi Hadija (ra). As they were the true role models for us.

Jazakallah

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Sisters & Brothers,
What you should look in a man:

I would say the first thing you should look for in your future partner should be if they have deen, this applies to both men and women to be honest. If the person has deen then they will love you for the sake of Allah and if this is so then inshallah Allah will bestow his blessing upon you.

If I was to search for a husband, I would look at how he carries himself for example if he wears appropriate clothes (no sagging), how he walks (no limping), how he talks and how he is towards people.

Do not choose a man because he has beauty on the outside, rather choose a man who is beautiful from the inside and Allah will make him appear beautiful from the outside inshallah. A man who has wealth may use it for the right reasons but some do not, so remember money can not buy happiness and love.

Marry a man who is wise in character, firm in belief, yearns jannah, has thirst for knowledge of Islam, has respect for his parents and inshallah he will be good to you

Jazakallah

Walaikumassalaam sister..

I completely agree to whatever you have said over here sis.. The post was pretty helpful in understanding what I should expect from my partner and what qualities she should be having..

Being a little practical (or) in the real world scenario - is it really feasible?
1. How do I know come to know whether the girl am marrying is practicing deen, when am not allowed to talk to non-mahrams? And also there is a possibility that she might be following just because she is forced too (or) her family demands her too.??
2. Regarding the girl seeking a guy - How does she come to know how he carries himself sister? Should she set up a secret agent for it :D? [LOL!!]
3. And is it fair to judge the guy just by seeing how he carries himself.. Because there is a possibility that if the guy becomes aware that he is being checked out.. Am sure most of the guys would behave as if they are "perfectionist" which in real they are no-where to it..?

Just a few queries considering the practical scenario of what I have seen in the world..
The post was good. Got to know what I need to see in my partner..
JazakAllah Khair.. :)
Peace :)

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
Asalaamu Alaykum Brother,

Should she set up a secret agent for it :D? [LOL!!]

LOL, No :p

Yeh you will get guys who will try to act as if they are perfect but then that's how you'll know what type of guy he is. If he doesn't care about girls looking at him and he lowers his gaze then that's a modest man :D inshallah

For the 2nd question, how you walk, dress or talk says it all. if you were to see a girl with no hijab, tight clothes and standing around men etc you wouldn't really think that she's 'wifey material' or on her deen because in order for a woman to be close to her deen she would have to follow the rules and commandments of covering herself for the sake of Allah's reward.

And I think that when you are going to marry someone and you wish to speak to them before, you are permitted to as long as her mahram are around, and obviously you have to talk appropriately.

Hope that helped :D

Jazakallah

tic_tac_toe

Any Sister looking to get married should fast forward the time 20 years and think about the relationship when both are 20 years older, physically little weaker and less attractive, honey moon period is gone and things have become settled, repetitive and formulaic.

Would you want to be with this man, then? How will be treat you, then?

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Try these

6 Etiquettes of Seeking a Spouse
bullet_bluestripe.gif
Whom to Marry: Selecting a Partner
bullet_bluestripe.gif
How to help Muslims get married, Tips for parents and Imams

from
http://www.soundvision.com/info/marriage/

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,I think that Allah has deserved the destiny for each one.I was a non-believer,but Allah was always close to me,He followed me in my every step.I was no searching for a partner to marry,because my bad relationship with my dad made me fear all the men on the Earth.But my destiny was written,and when I fell in love with my maroccan boy,I was sure I would have married him and no one else.it's something you feel into your body.it's not only love,but that thing you need to be complete.it's 6 years we're married,and the love I feel is still like that of the first day.Satan tries to make us to have bad moments.indeed we passed through several difficulties,but the love for each other and the sake for Allah makes us to go on.the beautiness is fundamental,if you wish to be like a "barbie".the real beautiness stays in the deepness of the heart.and every in-love person sees his/her partner as the beautiest creature of the world.I think that it's useless to look for the good partner,because it can be everywhere:the right thing is following the "course of the river".I give you an experience of mine:the last time I changed home after many problems with some people,I refused to leave my town because I had good friends,a beautiful house...I was too young and rebel,but I had to accept to move to another town,having new friends and attending another school.behind my suffering there was my release,because in my new town lived my "future"husband.Allah wanted all this.so,if maybe you regret making a choice,but you must do it,maybe it's a plan of Allah to give to you what right.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Any Sister looking to get married should fast forward the time 20 years and think about the relationship when both are 20 years older, physically little weaker and less attractive, honey moon period is gone and things have become settled, repetitive and formulaic.

Would you want to be with this man, then? How will be treat you, then?

I have a doubt here brother.. There is no guarantee that the person am gonna marry is going to be the same down the lane in 20 yrs right? She might improve (or) even fall down the pit bad.. Same way even she wouldn't know how am going to be in 20 yrs? Then?
JazakAllah Khair :)

tic_tac_toe

I have a doubt here brother.. There is no guarantee that the person am gonna marry is going to be the same down the lane in 20 yrs right? She might improve (or) even fall down the pit bad.. Same way even she wouldn't know how am going to be in 20 yrs? Then?
JazakAllah Khair :)

Make Shura, Istikhara & then take your best shot while covering all angles.

tic_tac_toe

JazakAllah Khair.. Didn't mean to get on your nerves.. I am a freak, i keep asking too many questions.. Please bear me.. :)

No problems. A lot of people don't realize that people (and relationships) change with time and don't account for it.

I ran into a girl (well she isn't a girl anymore :) ) whom I used to die for 18 years ago, would I want to be her with her now?

HECK NO! Even as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th wife...No way :SMILY153:

And I can see how she has developed into what she is now and the fault was my own by being infatuated by her 18 years ago...She had very strange ideas 18 years ago and she has just kept on rolling and become what she is today!

She had a Hijab on, she prayed, she was a good person but she always had her personality...It was her Islam which attracted me 18 years ago first but now thinking back with hindsight she wasn't/isn't for me and thank :Allah: for it.

etc. etc. etc.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
And I think that when you are going to marry someone and you wish to speak to them before, you are permitted to as long as her mahram are around, and obviously you have to talk appropriately.

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Some parents don't like it. So this whole "choosing" thing is never much of an option. How many proposal is a girl to reject based on her not knowing the guy, if she can't talk to him?

My sister is getting proposals, and I'm thinking what's going in her head all the time. I mean my parents are lovely at this. They are taking into account a lot of things she'll want to worry about, but stepping into her shoes. . .I do think I would want to say I want to see/ talk to him 'cos I'm not sure if they'd take into account the stuff that matters to me? Question is: would that be possible and what would be the outcome.

One thing is certain, I'm telling her all I know so that she's not kept in the dark about anything. I'm trying to be the Big B she's never had.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
asalam o alykum
m sorry i have not read this thread. just a question pop up in my mind after reading the title
Choosing A Man
, can someone chose a spouse? or its decided much before of his or her birth ?
my apology in advance if its been discussed up already i haven't read this coz m married so for me its ilm ul ghair nafayee :)
stay blessed
wsalam

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Some parents don't like it. So this whole "choosing" thing is never much of an option. How many proposal is a girl to reject based on her not knowing the guy, if she can't talk to him?

My sister is getting proposals, and I'm thinking what's going in her head all the time. I mean my parents are lovely at this. They are taking into account a lot of things she'll want to worry about, but stepping into her shoes. . .I do think I would want to say I want to see/ talk to him 'cos I'm not sure if they'd take into account the stuff that matters to me? Question is: would that be possible and what would be the outcome.

One thing is certain, I'm telling her all I know so that she's not kept in the dark about anything. I'm trying to be the Big B she's never had.

Aslaamu Alaykum Sister,

My sister is getting married inshallah, and before this she had alot of proposals too. She was always stressed out and worried about who she should go for and who would be best for her. Our parents are the type that wouldn't approve of us talking to the boy before.. anyways what happened was, my sister started to talk to his sisters alot and she still does, alhamdulilah she got to know alot about him and how he is, his into his deen and has respect for his parents etc. What i'm trying to is that if you aren't really allowed to talk to eachother try to get to know from his family. Hopefully that might help.

Also my sister started to get into Islam more, like started to read books about marriages in Islam and listening to lectures etc. She sat itqaf and she prayed to Allah to help her with the decision and alhamdulilah when she came out everything started to take shape.

Hope this helped

Jazakallah

Sidra Rasib

MUSLiiM PRiiNCESS
asalam o alykum
m sorry i have not read this thread. just a question pop up in my mind after reading the title , can someone chose a spouse? or its decided much before of his or her birth ?
my apology in advance if its been discussed up already i haven't read this coz m married so for me its ilm ul ghair nafayee :)
stay blessed
wsalam

Asalaamu Alaykum sister,

I would say it is, but i'm not really sure ..

I think that Allah has written our future spouses down and what ever happens is all done. Like say if our parents say you have to marry 'him' but you say you want to marry someone else and you marry your choice, You would only marry who ever Allah has decided for you
Hope this helped

Jazakallah

tic_tac_toe

asalam o alykum
m sorry i have not read this thread. just a question pop up in my mind after reading the title , can someone chose a spouse? or its decided much before of his or her birth ?
stay blessed
wsalam

Asalaamu Alaykum sister,

I would say it is, but i'm not really sure ..

I think that Allah has written our future spouses down and what ever happens is all done. Like say if our parents say you have to marry 'him' but you say you want to marry someone else and you marry your choice, You would only marry who ever Allah has decided for you
Hope this helped

Jazakallah

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

In my limited knowledge the only Islamic Scholar of repute who has made Hollywood like statements is Shaykh Ibn Hazm who wrote in Tawq al-Hamaamah and he said things like:

Souls are scattered matters in heaven that meet and descend to earth and join together as soul mates.​

An orientalist English translation of his book is here:

http://www.muslimphilosophy.com/hazm/dove/ringdove.html

:jazaak:

:wasalam: