Syria Vs Israel

John Smith

With the recent attack by the Israeli Occupation Forces on a target in Syria which side of the fence as a Muslim would you sit on?.

Defend Syria or Israel?.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Mmm, can I choose to stand on the fence and try to see the bigger picture?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Ok...so the rebels in Syria are being assisted by the Israeli's..is that correct?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

As I have always maintained this rebellion in Syria has nothing to do with Islam. It is nationalistic and tribal.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Bashar al Assad's troops entered a demilitarized zone in Golan Heights. Aiming for Syrian civilians, they missed and a bullet hit an IDF vehicle. Israel then retaliated by shelling a Syrian tank...which is good :)

But, the FSA does not deal with Israel, nor do Syrians recognize any Israeli as a human being. In fact, shortly after, the Free Syria Army issued a statement warning Israel not to intervene in the country's conflict.

Zionists were scum, are scum and will always be scum. Hopefully, once Bashar al Assad is toppled, Syrians along with Egyptians, Libyans, Lebanese, Saudis, Yemenis, Bosnians, Chechens, Turks, Kurds, and Palestinians will wipe every curly sideburn off the Mid East.

Also, this is not even an issue. The Israeli media is using this 5-minute incident to cover up for the simultaneous event in Gaza. Netanyahu supporters are avoiding to show the strength of our Palestinian brothers who are currently raining mortars all over Israel, and focusing on IDF's tiny success in blowing up an Assad tank.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

"Israel then retaliated by shelling a Syrian tank...which is good :)"

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
No no, Aapa. The outcome is good. It prevented the tank from shelling Muslim homes. Unless if you wanted Assad's tank to be up and going?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

It still is a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. You can not get around this.

That is the object of this debate. You are the one who has the onus of presenting to the readers of this forum how the enemy of your enemy is your enemy. You have justified that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Assalaam alaikum,

It still is a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. You can not get around this.

That is the object of this debate. You are the one who has the onus of presenting to the readers of this forum how the enemy of your enemy is your enemy. You have justified that the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Israel did not retaliate for FSA's sake. Israel retaliated because Assad's mortar was a threat to its citizens.

Please tell me you're just trying to provoke me. There's no way a human being can be this dumb.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I am not provoking you.

As I wrote before you appear to justify the action's of Israel. Thus, I wrote the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You need to make us understand how by using hadith and ayat from the Quran that you feel justified. You also have to explain to us how this is universal for all Muslims; and not Syrians. The body of Islam has not declared jihad on Syria. Here you are celebrating Israel, the avowed enemy of Islam, attacking Syria.

As an observer this is very confusing. The rebels are celebrating that Israel attacked Syria. As Brother John Smith asked who do you pledge your allegiance? Who do you hold a greater hatred towards? If you were to consult the texts of Islam such as The Love and Fear of Allah, where does this situation place the Muslims.

What course of thought have the scholars of Islam depended upon to make distinctions. Who is the enemy of my enemy and when do I befriend the enemy of my enemy. If need be take me back 1500 years to Syria and the battles that ensued there.

Please do not call me dumb..it is really irritating and off subject.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I don't see how this is even a topic You truly do not make any sense at all.

If a man attempts to rob you, but a psychopath serial killer saves you, would you accept his marriage proposal?

You're saying this as if FSA is obligated to befriend Israel just because Israel shot at Assad's tank. Israel stated that it is willing to fire at the rebels as well if they accidentally shot towards Israel. what now?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

No, son.

This is not about Israel. Why did you write it was a good thing that Israel shot at a Syrian tank? It goes back to the original question.

A psychopathic serial killer is not a robber. He is a psychopathic serial killer. He has a definite target in mind. How would another person know that he is a psychopathic serial killer? He does not announce that he is the killer. He may play a game of tag with the police but he is not going to come out and say marry me, by the way I am a psychopathic serial killer and this is my modus operandi.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alykum

Haven´t you two any better doing than fight here together?

Aapa and Abd_Al-Hadi!

We others are not interesting to read it any more.

Could you continue in private?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I am not fighting sister. I did find the topic interesting.

This is not a slight matter. We, as Muslims have to make decisions. Some are saying Israel was provoked. UK and US troops are headed toward Syria as we write. Israel, as you know better than I do, has declared it will become more aggressive. I just read that the death toll in Gaza will be in the hundreds.

As Muslim where do we take a stand. Are we really to be elated that Israel shot back at Syria?

How do we define ourselves? We have forgotten that we must follow the dictates of Islam or else this is nothing but secular fighting.

This is not an argument but a process for definition and communication. And we have to go back to what the Sunnah and Quran tell us to think.

Sister, if nothing else when I make dua let me not make dua for the spread of evil. I need to be sure that my dua is correct. Thus, going back to the OP's question what are we praying for?

Your input and knowledge are always useful; to me all of this is crazy. If I can not do anything at least I want to make sure I do not pray for evil.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
UK and US troops are headed toward Syria as we write. Israel, as you know better than I do, has declared it will become more aggressive. I just read that the death toll in Gaza will be in the hundreds.

Link, please?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

go to whatreallyhappened.com and scroll down...you will see the article. It is discussing winter conditions on the ground.

Sister Harb,

If the mods see this as useless let it be; if you feel that it should be closed feel free to PM a mod.

It is an uncomfortable topic. It is asking for definition.

Me, well I am asking for historical reasons going back to the battles in Syria in the days of early Islam. What were they fought over? Has anything really changed? What are the scholars suggesting we do in circumstances when Muslims have to make a decision that is uncomfortable? How does Islam define the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

And it is simply for the sake of supplication. Unlike other faiths discussion is encouraged in Islam so truth emerges and all else is filtered out.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
I really don't get it when people interfere with Aapa and me. Aapa is my mother and she'll always be my mother. If we argue, its between us. At the end of the day--she, along with every brother and sister here--will be in my heart

Mother Aapa, whatreallyhappened.com is a Shia website. Very Pro-Iranian, and its the same kind of people who made those conspiracy theory series of videos called "The Arrivals." Please, dear mother, don't fall into that trap.

Please can somebody go to that website and agree with me!

Please note: I have nothing against Shia. In fact, I always prayed Iran dropped its support for Assad and kept good ties with the people of Syria.