Banned from the masjid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
No problem! They did however mention an incident in a nearby mosque where a woman was kicked out for using explicit language and disturbing the peace of the fellow Muslims. He wouldn't tell me the name, but he said her name started with the letter M.....obviously its not you, because Aapa starts with an A.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

No, I am the peace maker. We are told are we not to keep our voices low and not bray like donkeys.

But, seriously thank you.

Islam!!yay

Salam

Abd_Al_Hadi, Why are you being so Judgemental ? my advice is dont judge too quickly I was looking back at one of my posts and you like to be aggressive.Tone it down brother Sister Aapa going through a trying time

tic_tac_toe

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

Personally I find this behavior distasteful of checking up on a Sister and we shouldn't do that and we certainly shouldn't try to speculate that the incidents are linked to her or not. A Muslim should be trusted and if she has written something we should take it on face value and give a response or simply ignore if we don't feel upto it and not become a private investigator and start investigating people's posts.

unrelated to this topic In my opinion, if we do find out the sins of a Muslims we shouldn't expose or speculate or spread it because all of these are impermissible matters. People go through issues in life and if we do come across someone who is weak in following the Sunnah then we should encourage our fellow brother or sister to become firm upon the Sunnah and not hound them, humiliate them or talk down to them and if they don't understand something then we should explain to them again and again and again because we are all one family.

Personally, in my life I have been through stages where I was committing Haram acts and couldn't stop and if it wasn't due to the Mercy of Allah (SWT) and help & perspective from a very good New Muslim Sister I wouldn't have found my way back into Islam. She was a new Muslim and didn't know much herself and I was totally lost, most existing Muslims simply ignored me and pretended that I didn't exist or talked down (in Dawah). They didn't dare disrespect me because they knew that I will knock'em out! We weren't in any kind of relationship and strictly speaking I shouldn't have been talking to her but she did help, talked to me a lot about praying and had patience with me.

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Let us just pray to Allaah as an ummaah and as a community who stand by each other at times of ease and calamities so that Allaah change the condition of Aapa to become better and guide the man back to the straight path.

I too, find it rather distasteful for one to be having such an ill feeling towards a fellow Muslim; a sister who has been here long enough for us to know of her honesty.

May Allaah guide us all.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullah.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,there should be an important reason,if sister Aapa has been banned from the mosque.I regret this.any other sister has been banned from there?didn't you think it maybe depended from a behaviour you had,which has been judged wrong from that religious place?by law,everybody can profess his belief freely,I can't believe that with a no valid reason you have to stay out of there!it's not teaching in an islamic school,that makes a person a good one.I've just read that in that mosque men and women pray together.well,this is not a mosque,but it seems a church,isn't it?someone dislikes your presence there.I hope everything will be solved in the best way

Idris16

There is no doubt that this man is wrong. This is very shocking. He must be very arrogant and stupid. What crime have you done? Sister, please do not go near this masjid, I don't think we want you being arrested for someone's else stupidity.
Stop speaking bad of that man, I wouldnt be surprised if he did the right thing. SubhanAllah SO many posts here with childish mentality. Could Aapa be so kind to explain why she has been banned from the masjid with CLEAR language so that I can understand her?

tic_tac_toe

From my understanding she hasn't asked for us to judge the matter and we can't do it anyways unless and until we have heard both sides of the story. We can't demand from her to disclose what she doesn't want to explain and her past history whatever it may be has no bearing on this incident as she may be wrong or she may be right irrespective of her history or discussions with various members of the forum.

We can't judge whether she did the wrong thing or the man did the right thing so the benefit of the doubt should go both ways.

She started this conversation because she felt hurt and disappointed and if people can't find it within their heart to say something of value to a Sister then it would be prudent and wise to simply keep quiet.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Whoa whoa people. Calm down. I swear people like you are so easily to fool.

You trust someone you only know on the Internet? Are you serious??? Do you know this person's full name? I have nothing personal against anyone, but I do not know you. I don't care how many posts you make, I will not give you 100% of my trust if I don't even know what you look like.

What are your parents teaching you people??! Ya Allah what is going on with today's Muslim youth?

And the funny thing is I'm the bad guy for telling people to be skeptical. I'm a trouble maker because I tell people to be wise. Wow, as if Allah did not mention that we should have full knowledge of a situation before believing it.

You are not critical thinkers. You're nothing more than machines who memorize Quran and ahadeeth. Unlike you naive people, I think with my mind and not my heart. Every situation has two sides of the story and each side plays victim.

Ever had a friend who was fired from his job? He'll convince you that the manager was always mean to him. If you had the brains to ask the manager for his comment, he'll most likely say that your friend was lazy and and always late to work.....why didn't your friend mention that to you? Because the "victim" needs that assurance and comfort at all costs.

And that's what we have here. Please think with your brains and not your hearts.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
salam 'alikum,there should be an important reason,if sister Aapa has been banned from the mosque.I regret this.any other sister has been banned from there?didn't you think it maybe depended from a behaviour you had,which has been judged wrong from that religious place?by law,everybody can profess his belief freely,I can't believe that with a no valid reason you have to stay out of there!it's not teaching in an islamic school,that makes a person a good one.I've just read that in that mosque men and women pray together.well,this is not a mosque,but it seems a church,isn't it?someone dislikes your presence there.I hope everything will be solved in the best way

Sister, mosques in the US have a private space for sisters in the back. The reason why not all mosques have a private floors for women is because most mosques were constructed based on the builders' budget. Obviously, Muslims here are not wealthy like the Catholics and Jews, so they could only afford a one-floor mosque and separate the sisters and brothers with a cloth.

Sisters and brothers do not pray side-by-side.

tic_tac_toe

You trust someone you only know on the Internet? Are you serious??? Do you know this person's full name? I have nothing personal against anyone, but I do not know you. I don't care how many posts you make, I will not give you 100% of my trust if I don't even know what you look like.

What are your parents teaching you people??! Ya Allah what is going on with today's Muslim youth?

And the funny thing is I'm the bad guy for telling people to be skeptical. I'm a trouble maker because I tell people to be wise. Wow, as if Allah did not mention that we should have full knowledge of a situation before believing it.

You are not critical thinkers. You're nothing more than machines who memorize Quran and ahadeeth. Unlike you naive people, I think with my mind and not my heart. Every situation has two sides of the story and each side plays victim.

Ever had a friend who was fired from his job? He'll convince you that the manager was always mean to him. If you had the brains to ask the manager for his comment, he'll most likely say that your friend was lazy and and always late to work.....why didn't your friend mention that to you? Because the "victim" needs that assurance and comfort at all costs.

And that's what we have here. Please think with your brains and not your hearts.

49_12.png

:salam2: Brother,

The Qur'aan says [49:12]

O you who have believed,

1) avoid much [negative] assumption. Indeed, some assumption is sin.

2) And do not spy or backbite each other. Would one of you like to eat the flesh of his brother when dead? You would detest it.

And fear Allah ; indeed, Allah is Accepting of repentance and Merciful.

It is from the Sunnah not to judge between two parties unless you have heard from both sides.

It is from the Sunnah not to spy

It is from the Sunnah not to suspect.

It is not our job to go behind her back and investigate the authenticity of what she has written and if someone does commit this sin (of spying) then it is a further sin to then expose her shortcomings and then a further sin to then suspect her based on half information.

In reality there is no reason for us to do any of this at all, she has posted a scenario we try our best to reconcile the matter between believers and try to steer the matter into a praiseworthy situation.

We neither judge her nor judge the other party as both have equal status to us as Muslims.

If others on the forums have previous knowledge about the sister or are wary of her behavior are you certain that she is lying this time around or are you merely suspicious based on past dealings?

Why do you want to destroy your Akhira over an online discussion? Don't you want to absolve yourself from indulging in doubtful matters and refrain from being questioned in front of :Allah: on the day of judgement?

By :Allah: we will equally defend you and her and those from the Masjid as all of you are believers to us as we don't distinguish UNLESS you bring forth clear evidence that one of the parties have apostated (etc) and then we will cease to give the party the rights which have given accorded to them in Islamic Shariah until then I leave you with the following verse of the Qur'aan:

48_29.png

[48:29] Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward.

John Smith

Sister, mosques in the US have a private space for sisters in the back. The reason why not all mosques have a private floors for women is because most mosques were constructed based on the builders' budget. Obviously, Muslims here are not wealthy like the Catholics and Jews, so they could only afford a one-floor mosque and separate the sisters and brothers with a cloth.

Sisters and brothers do not pray side-by-side.

Question; Why should we trust you when you tell us not to trust others on the forum? do you take us for fools?.

I cant help but feel you have an agenda on the forum and love causing mischief.

Have you apologised to the lady in question about your behaviour towards her? afterall you do claim she is like your mother on the other thread & Allah Swt forbid if you speak to your biolgical mother in this tone whats she feels and goes through.

Must be proud of a keyboard warrior son who hides behind the veil of a computer screen throwing insults at muslim women.

Islam!!yay

Salam

Brother Abd_Al_Hadi the reason why are being looked as the "bad Guy" is because of your tone , you are very aggressive, accusing people and judging too quickly.Please if you want your brothers and sisters to take you seriously you must try to tone it down a little. I mean dont be aggressive.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

First, Muslims are not poor in the US. They are some of the wealthiest people in most communities. That is also a reason for some of the hate directed towards Muslims. We really need to discuss this on a thread by itself.

Most masjids make some form of separation. Most have curtains or separate rooms. In one the sisters are on the balcony.

As for the specific masjid. On the website they make a statement that they do not discriminate against women thus they pray together. They advocate that they are a non-sexist organization. I spoke to them about this issue. Women pray behind a fence is what I was told. Those are their words and not mine.

As for the speculations that my behavior was below par and I am hiding something. I am not. I was unjustly fired. That is why I contacted CAIR. They agreed that I have a very valid case. Lawyers understand that I had a good case.

As for the young man who is abusive. He is abusive because of a lack of wit. A person puts on the gloves when they can not use intellect to be persuasive. His arguments are weak thus he resorts to being vulgar.

Here he is attacking members of the forum and claiming to be the critical thinker and the others are machines. Critical thinking does not mean that you assume the negatives.

And lastly, the young man writes " I will not give you 100% of my trust if I don't even know what you look like. "

I thought one of the reasons Allah loves Believers is because we believe without seeing Him, but see His attributes.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Stop speaking bad of that man, I wouldnt be surprised if he did the right thing.

Did you read the WHOLE thread from the first page before you posted this comment?

SubhanAllah SO many posts here with childish mentality.

Which one? Those that try to give comfort words to a sister in need? Is that consider childish mentality from your POV?

Could Aapa be so kind to explain why she has been banned from the masjid with CLEAR language so that I can understand her?

Aapa has explained in more than two posts on this thread about the situation. Kindly go through every posts before making a comment so that we won't be making any comment without knowing the full story. Jazaaka Allaahu khaayraa.

That was something nice to say. Thank you.

Is that what it takes to have someone's trust? You have to know his/her face, his/her full name and know every personal details about the person? Guess what. Even our closest family members can do bad things to us without us ever expecting it.

I know Aapa`s name. A family member of mine talked to her on phone before. And no, I do not trust everyone on the internet so easily nor I am easily fooled but I do know when trust can be given. I really do feel sorry if you have such a high prejudice towards every people; especially your brothers and sisters in Islaam.

Even if parents aren't teaching their kids good enough, doesn't mean that the child will grow up becoming someone bad. He has his own mind to think and Allaah's guidance. Even in the most religious family, one of the children can be a black sheep. And aren't you among Muslim youth too?

Wow. Just wow. The bold and underlined part of your sentence was the best. I really could not believe this coming from a brother in Islaam. You have just degraded those people whom Allaah has honoured to memorize Qur`an and ahadeeth and compared it to someone who doesn't have any value. Nothing more than a machine...?

La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu mindhalimeen. La ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu mindhalimeen.

I pray for Allaah's forgiveness in all of our shortcomings and weaknesses, our improper manners and impolite language and may He guide us all to become among the mukhliseen and mu`mineen. Ameen Ya Rabb al-alameen.

tic_tac_toe

In the absence of a Shariah state its up to individuals to ensure that a sound, safe and abuse-free environment is provided to all Muslims in real and cyber life. Matters which are impermissible in real life are also impermissible in cyber life.

If we had a Shariah state then off course people can take defamation issues to an Islamic court.

In particular, our Islamic Sisters should be respected and given due share of courtesy and dignity like what we would want for our own Sisters and where Dawah is needed it should be given with the etiquettes of Sunnah. The issues with being online is that we are kind of communicating blindly as we don't know the person and more importantly we don't know the mental state of the person being communicated with. They may be seriously stressed out or going through a bad patch in life or whatever.

If someone discloses matters to us in private in person, PM or email then we should guard the trust and not let the cat out of the bag in anyway whatsoever.

Abd_Al_Hadi

لبيك يا الله
Brother Tic_tac_toe, assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Ya akhi, ya ibn al'halal. The only brother who truly proved to love his Prophet is brother Idris. He is not willing to follow the mass and belittle a man he does not know. May Allah give us the mind similar to the mind of brother Idris. Read everyone else's posts! They all showed disappointment in a man they do not know.

Aapa was a teacher at this Muslim school. Okay, I'll believe that.

Aapa gets her knowledge from websites like whatreallyhappened.com and Alex Jones-like conspiracy theorists. Read her last 500 posts.

A new man bought the school/mosque with his HARD-EARNED money and wanted students to learn from proper teachers. He felt she lacked the requirements and experience. He told her to bounce. He has that right--its his property. Perhaps he's looking for a sister who can read and write Arabic to teach the students the Quran and tajwid. Its a Isamic school, after all.

Aapa did state "the school was sinking," so why complain if her loss is a benefit to our children?

Now all of the sudden, he is a Muslim woman-oppressor? Because he has future goals for his school?

The question in mind is: Is Aapa experienced enough to be a teacher to lead my children? Did any of you ask her if she has a Bachelors in Education? Its the minimum degree required for one to be eligible to teach. Our Muslim children deserve better than that. Here in America, we Muslim parents have higher expectations and goals for our children. I'm not planning to send my daughter to Saudi Arabia to be a maid...

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

May Allah forgive you.

You do not know where I get my knowledge from. Try living a little.

Please. Take a moment to get ready to get married. Nothing humbles a man like a wife who is not satisfied. Learn from your woman.

Are you getting paid to be this simple? You can not dismiss a woman with the wave of a hand. Learn that son. If you have done wrong by her you will bring ill to yourself. All the money in your pockets is not going to take away your wrong.

I am over the dismissal. I choose not to take him to court. Think son...what judge in an American court is going to rule against a Muslim woman when she sues a Muslim man for unfair practices at work!!!

Think for a minute. Think before you write.

I am simply asking that he rescind the trespassing notice. Although he has the right for the trespassing notice; it is private property; my question is why would anyone who Loves Allah prevent a worshiper from attending a place of worship. Hadith warns us not to prevent a woman going to worship. That is wrong.

I am very tired. InshaAllah I will give you an update once I hear from the imam.

Idris16

I have an experience of Aapa (Mirajmom) playing with my words, so I wouldn't be surprised if the man is somehow right, but that does not mean a Muslim should be banned from worshipping in the House of Allah. Aapa hasnt explained in clear words why she is banned from the masjid. I don't like how the members here attack a man who might be innocent.

Precious Star

I called ADAMS Center at (703) 433- 1325 (found their # on their website) and they me that there was no such incident! They even said this "turnover" has occurred 2 years ago and even the principal has been working there ever since.

Why are you making up stories, Aapa? For Attention??? I knew this story just didn't make sense from the get go. This is the United States of America. People here have rights and big organizations such as ADAMS has legal consultants. No way in hell will they do anything stupid without legal advice. You made me waste my brother-in-law's time and energy!

You are rude.

who asked YOU of all the immature people on this forum to conduct your own investigation and then disclose the results of that investigation on this forum?

Are you 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.