Italian halal food - definitely not Jamie Oliver stuff...

Italiano

:salam2:
Hi to all! :SMILY259
:Last year I have tried many good dishes from this forum, so I wanna say: thanks to all for sharing your recipes with other peoples.
Islamic food from your country and/or family tradition, even the simpler tricks have a great value and are well appreciated.:jumpclap:
Anyway, being italian, Insh'Allah I'll suggest you good, simple, less-known traditional dishes from my country.
Fully halal or "halal-ized", if you know what I mean. ;)
Not junk food for tourists, or well known Jamie Oliver style - you know - just some easy recipe from my mom's kitchen :SMILY149:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I don't know from which part of Italy you are,but I know some tasy italian foods,like the "pasta al forno","arancini","parmigiana di melanzane","lasagne al sugo","schiacciata di verdure","cannelloni con ricotta e spinaci o col sugo e la besciamella","pizza".
the dishes which contains meat are made with halal meat we buy from a muslim butcher.the only difficulty is the translation in english,it could be easier if I could write them in italian.if you have some good recepies to post,I'm glad to share.having a wi8de food-culture,I know some indian dishes,and maroccan ones.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I have some cookbooks about Italian foods like Flavours from Tuscany (Toscana) and one about Italian mushroom foods.

Very tasty foods too. As I have seen, with those foods is used much more herbs than we usually use in my country, I have grown most of herbs by myself in my tiny garden. Last summer I had 16 different herbs there. A lot of work yes but even I had fresh herbs everyday.

Italiano

I was born in Rome, so I'll post mainly traditional recipes from Rome and central Italy. But even tasty cooking tricks I learned from my mom and my aunties.:)

Kakorot

Lol, growing up, I thought food such as spaghetti bolognese, lasagne, pizza etc. was British and was later shocked to find out they were actually Italian.

Your ancestors who came up with those cuisines are genius :D

Italiano

Sister Kakorot, thanks for your kind reply.:SMILY259:
You're not the only one: most people in Usa still today believe that Pizza was a "patriotic, stars&stripes, John Wayne style, whatever else" all-american dish, but unless to say, they're WRONG!:lol:
My ancestors were just half-starved people from the middle age trying to give more taste to their food, using poor ingredients, mainly herbs.
Anyway I'll write more about italian food in this thread soon.:inshallah:
And tasty recipes too!:jumpclap: