imaan dropping [HELP]

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
Salam'alakum -peace be upon you-

before last Ramadan (2012 Ramadan) I used to be a very bad boy, almost to the point of a Hypocrite (sadly :( ). but until thankfully to Allah s.w I managed to escape from my evil doing and finally got the taste of Imaan after Ramadan!. but until school started I was really excited simply because I could be able to do Da'wah to my "Muslim" friends..but sadly instead of me giving Da'wah and making them good Muslims they affected me and made my continue with my sinning. it happened before about 2 months (when school started) I lost the sweetness of Imaan and now every day I always say inshallah I will stop this evil doing and I still do it every day until the point I have a feeling of a sort of hating to prayer all the obligatory prayers!

thankfully some of my friends got more religious because of me but my other bad friends were so tricky and evil..

so can you please give me any advice to increase my Imaan..?

Pylo

Assalam alaikum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuh.

Well akhi, first of all be wary of how blessed you are to be in a country where Qur'an and Sunnah is followed closely by majority of the society. Most of us here are facing real hard times for following them. Before the society does, we are being opposed in our homes, and we face really hard time when trying to earn our livelihood without falling into haram. You are blessed to be there.

Other than that, i advice you to stick very close to ibadah. If we let go of our ibadah, we let go of our hopes for a beautiful and acceptable taubah, we open the gats of our soul for shaitan to enter.
Ya akhi, the thing that you face towards obligatory salah is a nuisance that all muslims face from time to time. But you know, when Allah (swt) describes muttaqis, He (swt) tells that they are stubborn with their salah, ibadah.
Allah (swt) and His Messenger (pbuh) praise the ones with the patience. Showing patience for being stubborn with our ibadah is very important akhi. I advice you to never let og of them, even if you only perform fard!

Because, ibadah is the answer for brightening your imaan.

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَى عَنِ الْفَحْشَاء وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ
45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular prayer: for prayer restrains from shameful and evil deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.

İbadah is the only thing that can keep you safe from the evil and sin. Ya Akhi, i know how people end up when they quit ibadah. As long as there is ibadah, we are never lost! Every thing can be fixed :)

About bad friends, well, if they really hurt your imaan and if you feel your heart and soul are crying out, just put some distance in between. Attend to sermons and read Qur'an...Read Qur'an beginning from Al-Fatiha and read it like you never read it before. Think on each and every ayah, think "How can i put this to my life..How can i change my life and actions according to this ayah". Read hadith.

InshaAllah you shall benefit so much from them.

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:wasalam:

My advice would be to stay away from people that you know are hurting your Imaan. It's good that you are trying to change them, but if they are rather changing you, it would be best to not be with them. Seek out people who will boost your Imaan that you won't be ashamed to call your friend on the Day of Judgement. May Allah (SWT) guide you in this trying time and have Mercy on you. Peace and have a nice day.

:salam2:

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I will keep my advise short: Read and listen to the the qur'an!

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man will follow the religion of his close friend, so let each of you look to who he takes a close friend.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2378; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 1937

The friends that became religious are the ones you should hang out with and the ones that tricked you and invited you back to evil are the ones you should abandon.

As for increasing your eman and getting backing back on track. Try the following links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1o80DlJKOo
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/books/6
http://www.paklinks.com/gs/religion-and-scripture/304512-10-steps-to-increasing-our-iman-faith.html

Dakoish Muslim

لا إله إلا الله
Assalam alaikum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuh.

Well akhi, first of all be wary of how blessed you are to be in a country where Qur'an and Sunnah is followed closely by majority of the society. Most of us here are facing real hard times for following them. Before the society does, we are being opposed in our homes, and we face really hard time when trying to earn our livelihood without falling into haram. You are blessed to be there.

Other than that, i advice you to stick very close to ibadah. If we let go of our ibadah, we let go of our hopes for a beautiful and acceptable taubah, we open the gats of our soul for shaitan to enter.
Ya akhi, the thing that you face towards obligatory salah is a nuisance that all muslims face from time to time. But you know, when Allah (swt) describes muttaqis, He (swt) tells that they are stubborn with their salah, ibadah.
Allah (swt) and His Messenger (pbuh) praise the ones with the patience. Showing patience for being stubborn with our ibadah is very important akhi. I advice you to never let og of them, even if you only perform fard!

Because, ibadah is the answer for brightening your imaan.

اتْلُ مَا أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ تَنْهَى عَنِ الْفَحْشَاء وَالْمُنكَرِ وَلَذِكْرُ اللَّهِ أَكْبَرُ وَاللَّهُ يَعْلَمُ مَا تَصْنَعُونَ
45. Recite what is sent of the Book by inspiration to thee, and establish regular prayer: for prayer restrains from shameful and evil deeds; and remembrance of Allah is the greatest (thing in life) without doubt. And Allah knows the (deeds) that ye do.

İbadah is the only thing that can keep you safe from the evil and sin. Ya Akhi, i know how people end up when they quit ibadah. As long as there is ibadah, we are never lost! Every thing can be fixed :)

About bad friends, well, if they really hurt your imaan and if you feel your heart and soul are crying out, just put some distance in between. Attend to sermons and read Qur'an...Read Qur'an beginning from Al-Fatiha and read it like you never read it before. Think on each and every ayah, think "How can i put this to my life..How can i change my life and actions according to this ayah". Read hadith.

InshaAllah you shall benefit so much from them.

not really, most of the people around me are ignorant and not always practicing.