Qucik Question!

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Bismillah

Asalam Alaikum Wr Wb to all you,

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, Fasting the day of `Ashura' (is of great merits), I hope that Allah will accept it as an expiation for (the sins committed in) the previous years (Muslim).

I have quick a question! Fasting on 9th & 10th (Ashura day) of Muharram. I know fasting on the 9th of Muharram is highly recommended by the Sunnah (Imam At-Tirmidhi reported that Ibn `Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both) used to say: We should fast on two days: the 9th and 10th of Muharram to distinguish ourselves from the Jewish community. (At-Tirmidhi)

It is the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to fast on the 9th and 10th of Muharram. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him used to fast on the day of `Ashura'. When he came to Madinah, he found out that the Jews of Madinah were also fasting on this day remembering Prophet Musa (peace and blessings be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) admired this tradition and said to the Jews, "I am closer to Musa than you are." He fasted and he also told his Companions to fast on this day.

It is noteworthy that Muslim scholars have stated that fasting of `Ashura� is of three levels as follows:

1. fasting for three days, i.e., on the 9th, 10th, and 11th of Muharram,

2. fasting the 9th and 10th of Muharram, and

3. fasting only the 10th of Muharram.

I fasted Thursday & Friday. Alhamdulilah, but the problem is that few people start telling me that I have to fast Saturday & Sunday?? I don't get it! Please help me understand. And when did you guys fast (Ashura)

Jazaka'Allah Khairan:hijabi:

Ayyub

Wa'alikoum assalm wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Ukhti you did it right. Yesterday the Imam in the firday sermon explained the different ways on fasting Ashuura. As long as your fast doesn't resemble the jews who fast only the 10th day then you did it right.
So you could kindly ask these people to give you the evidences for their claim.

You could also see that you did it right by reading this thread:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89211
Assalamou alaikoum