Sharing videos with women (hijabi or non hijabi) ?

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

Sometimes there are islamic videos or other kind of videos which might (Allah knows best) be good for dawah purpose about different topics. But these videos may contain women in them. Sometimes non hijabi women and sometimes hijabi Muslim women. As men should lower their gaze i wonder what about in this case, is it better not to share videos when there are women in it ? Or is it okay if women is wearing proper hijab ? (just face/hands can be seen)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I'm not a man,I can't answer to your question,but being a woman,I can suggest to post those videos,if there is no malice and if the the body is covered.a woman is free not to wear hijab and a man like you I don't think will see in a woman's head something bad to say.it can be a point of reflection for the hijabies to wear it better and for the non-hijabies to start trying to wear it and discover that it doesn't bite;)

tic_tac_toe

Assalam alakum

Sometimes there are islamic videos or other kind of videos which might (Allah knows best) be good for dawah purpose about different topics. But these videos may contain women in them. Sometimes non hijabi women and sometimes hijabi Muslim women. As men should lower their gaze i wonder what about in this case, is it better not to share videos when there are women in it ? Or is it okay if women is wearing proper hijab ? (just face/hands can be seen)

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

The command from :Allah: is to lower the gaze when looking at Sisters and it is unconditional and doesn't say whether she should or shouldn't be wearing proper Hijab and in real life we lower our gazes even when conversing with Sisters with proper and adequate Hijab while youtube forces a person to look at the Sister directly therefore in my opinion such videos shouldn't be shared. Alternatively, men should not look at them or focus directly.

Anyone who disagrees please inform me of evidence where it permits a man not to lower their gaze when dealing with a Sister with proper and adequate Hijab or provide evidence that the Ayah of the Qur'aan is conditional as I would like to learn from those with more knowledge.

:wasalam:

:jazaak:

Matt

Those whom need to avert their gaze, can just listen to the audio. If you know how, you can just take the audio and upload it only. You could post links with a warning, and I could take the audio from the videos and upload them. I know how.

Hopetogoparadis

Its a good idea to make it only audio; BUT

There are 2 videos;

1- Revert sisters who talk about becoming muslim women. So i thought if Muslim women see them, it might be good thing for them,(Allah knows best) like encouragement to follow Islam, to wear hijab, hijab is not something only oppressed women wear, you know...

2- A short islamic movie, where there is a mother of this young Muslim guy that she is in some of the scenes.

Especially for first video; if i take only audio, then they cant see these women are really reverts
For second video; Its a movie, so i cant make it audio as wellç.

Matt

Then I would recommend you link to the videos (not embed), and make sure to give warning, so only those whom choose to watch will see.

a_stranger

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

The command from :Allah: is to lower the gaze when looking at Sisters and it is unconditional and doesn't say whether she should or shouldn't be wearing proper Hijab and in real life we lower our gazes even when conversing
with Sisters with proper and adequate Hijab while youtube forces a person to look at the Sister directly therefore in my opinion such videos shouldn't be shared. Alternatively, men should not look at them or focus directly.
Anyone who disagrees please inform me of evidence where it permits a man not to lower their gaze when dealing
with a Sister with proper and adequate Hijab or provide evidence that the Ayah of the Qur'aan is conditional as I would like to learn from those with more knowledge.
:wasalam
:jazaak:

Walaikim alsalam

I agree %100

a_stranger

Sorry I meant

Originally Posted by Hopetogoparadis
Assalam alakum

The command from is to lower the gaze when looking at Sisters and it is unconditional and doesn't say whether she should or shouldn't be wearing proper Hijab and in real life we lower our gazes even when conversing with Sisters with proper and adequate Hijab while youtube forces a person to look at the Sister directly therefore in my opinion such videos shouldn't be shared. Alternatively, men should not look at them or focus directly.

Anyone who disagrees please inform me of evidence where it permits a man not to lower their gaze when dealing with a Sister with proper and adequate Hijab or provide evidence that the Ayah of the Qur'aan is conditional as I would like to learn from those with more knowledge.

I agree *!
%100

Alex87

UmmJamal
Assalam aleykum

To lower the gaze is natural when you know that it is something you should not look at-it is all a part of having haya, being modest and shy inside and out. We know our weaknesses as does shaytan, so try to protect yourself the best you can and always make your sure your intentions are pure.