In Search Of Logical Answers?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Yes I know you said Hovind wasn't reliable sister. I was just making sure you knew that he wasn't qualified in any science. I thought maybe because he's a Christian fundamentalist that you would see him as unreliable from that point of view (that's all!)

There is a lot of material on whales and evolution. But you are right to check things and not take a single source as accurate.

Well he is known as Dr. Dino, isn't he. That's for a reason.

Him being a Christian fundamentalist may have played a part, but his blatant claims came first to do that job. I went to my lab to check how many of the birds he mentioned had claws on wings. I was really disappointed to see non of the stuffed birds he mentioned had any. How sad of him to make such claims so shamelessly.

It was back in my first semester when I was doing a "voluntary" presentation on evolution. Alhumdulillah that it got delayed.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Forgive me but I am not fighting.

I disagree with evolution. It is not found in the Quran. If you feel I lack knowledge please provide the ayat and sura wherein there is evidence of evolution. Secondly, as I am not sophisticated please provide hadith.

Evolution stems from our need to classify our universe. It is merely that. Think about this sister. When a woman is pregnant does she thank Allah subhana wa talla that it is soul from Him or does she thank the creators of evolution that it is a cousin of an ape.

Now, me I thanked Allah subhana wa talla every second.

As for the revert. I wish him well.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
He wasn't talking about religious faith brother.

He was talking about faith as in hope.

For example, an archeologist looking for a lost settlement in the desert has to have faith (hope) that he will find it.

The same is true in science; like with the Higgs-Boson.

I see,JazakAllahu khayr,brother.I though it was the faith of being approximately correct and oen rest one must have faith,like everything is a function of probability and even the state of tiniest of particles like atom can't be determined accurately and there's always a function of probability associated and residual things of that sort.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Quick question regarding the archeologist finding a lost settlement. Is that not also referenced in the Quran. Does Allah subhana wa taala not tell us about the ruins of civilizations that were destroyed? The tests conducted on the rocks of Sodom and Gomorrah attest to this.

We seek to understand our world. And whatever endeavor we trek leads us to find His Mastery.

We forget humility is a gift.

At the end of the day we are all seeking salvation. He Creates as He Wills. He made us for His Purpose. The choice is ours.

The last experiment of the Higgs-Boson theory was a total failure. What was it $40 million plus dollars. We will have to account for how we used our wealth.

For some we do not need to spend $40 million dollars to prove the existence of Allah subhana wa taala.

user expired!

Are we? I must have missed that then!

I hate to think what school you must have gone to then.....seriously.

Gravity is a theory - a scientific but not general theory - which means it is falsifiable.

To say it is falsifiable is to say that even though it is proven beyond any doubt, potentially it could be disproved.

Everything in science can potentially be disproved. That's the marvelous thing about it.

But to do that you need solid scientific evidence. There is no evidence to refute gravity, electricity or evolution.

Scientists don't just arrogantly sit there thinking "Oh, I think this; therefore it's right". Actually, scientists come up with something and try to prove themselves wrong! And if they exhaust all means of proving themselves wrong....then it's correct....until proven otherwise.

Sadly, religious people of all religions just say "The Bible/Torah/Quran says this, therefore I needn't think about it anymore". That's scandalous in all honesty. I really don't think Allah (swt) created us so that we could just sit here doing nothing until death. If evolution wasn't true, my dad wouldn't be able to help develop means of helping/curing cancer! I am pretty certain that Allah (swt) will accept his efforts as good deeds.

How exactly are muslims helping people medically around the world when they are talking nonsense about evolution? How many muslim lives could be saved if muslims just sat up and listened without their fingers being in their ears saying "la, la, la?"

So many of our brothers and sisters will die needlessly because other muslims haven't bothered to educate themselves. Did you know that according to latest figures, 70% of muslim school leavers in the UK are unemployable? And why is that? Because, apparently, if it's not in the Quran they think it's not important. So maths....irrelevant. Geography....not important. Science.....oh, that's all the in Quran, so lets ignore the elements, forces, evolution....and gravity....

I'm being serious.

Non-muslims are far more likely to listen to, and respect, a well educated muslim than one who doesn't know the letter a from the letter b. So it's self-defeating for muslims to act like this.

You are straying from science to propaganda here.

Capitalism pre-dates Darwin by about 84 years.

Darwinism isn't racist at all.

You are thinking of Social Darwinism. Which is a theoretical perversion of science. That was accepted by people en masse because they were ignorant of proper science. It was that scientific ignorance that led to horrorific crimes. Social Darwinists perverted science every bit as much as as creationism does. Both of them inject ideologies into science; and therefore science gets distorted and the end result is very very bad.

I am a geek when it comes to science. I'm taking biology exams that are a year ahead of everyone else.....and in fairness I could have taken them last year had I been allowed.

As a science teacher i have to agree with a lot of what brother Scotty is saying here, Muslims need to be more proactive in both their secular and religious studies. Our religion teaches us to excel in both the Dunya and Akhira, not in terms of wealth but in knowledge and goodness. Muslims today especially in the west use religion as an excuse not to study, but they don't even study the deen, just pure lazy really.

However in terms of 'facts' that seem to contradict well established Quranic facts, then obviously the Quran has to take precedent.

ps Scotty can you please explain this line, im not sure what you mean?
If evolution wasn't true, my dad wouldn't be able to help develop means of helping/curing cancer! I am pretty certain that Allah (swt) will accept his efforts as good deeds

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
please dont fight with our brother mohammed. he is a newly revert who is very kind and sweet. he is also right and i agree with his thinking. just because you cannot comprehend sophistication does not mean it is wrong.

also brother mohaamed (scotty) is not leaving. this is his home and many of us enjoy waht him contribute to website

This.

Err except what I was told in private.

Assalaam alaikum,

Forgive me but I am not fighting.

I disagree with evolution. It is not found in the Quran. If you feel I lack knowledge please provide the ayat and sura wherein there is evidence of evolution. Secondly, as I am not sophisticated please provide hadith.

Evolution stems from our need to classify our universe. It is merely that. Think about this sister. When a woman is pregnant does she thank Allah subhana wa talla that it is soul from Him or does she thank the creators of evolution that it is a cousin of an ape.

Now, me I thanked Allah subhana wa talla every second.

As for the revert. I wish him well.

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

There is nothing wrong with evolution, or the theory or the science of it and it's relation to our deen. With the exception to Adam having evolved from an ape. Our scholars disagree with that bit.

There is no need to drag sociology into Zoology for a while.

Lastly, respected sister, I hope you will not take offense, I tend to agree with Kiana. Where most of us know how it is with you, give the new members some space because they don't.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I have never stated do not study. I am stating study but when facts contradict the Quran it is not a fact.

The plight of Muslims in the world make it difficult for many to study. Economic reality, depression and recessions make it important to put food on the table first. Do not assume that all Muslims in the west do not study. That is a poor generalization.

There are cures for cancer. The medical field does not want to use the cures available because it will cut out funding.

You have to take into consideration just because someone thinks and lives outside the comfortable box does not make them wrong.

And finally, there are ayats that explain the Creation of mankind. There are no ayats that support evolution.

Sister,

I take no offense whatsoever. Please help Scott become firm in the faith. I have no malice towards him. I wish him the very best.

I am not here to be agreed or disagreed. I am trying to present a whole new perspective. One that is greater than the sum of all of mans collective knowledge.: The Absolute Word of Allah.

( fields of endeavor are related...they flourish within an economic background so they are tied together..think of Europe emerging from the Dark Ages...the conditions had to be right...)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam alaikum,
Sister,

I take no offense whatsoever. Please help Scott become firm in the faith. I have no malice towards him. I wish him the very best.

I am not here to be agreed or disagreed. I am trying to present a whole new perspective. One that is greater than the sum of all of mans collective knowledge.: The Absolute Word of Allah.

( fields of endeavor are related...they flourish within an economic background so they are tied together..think of Europe emerging from the Dark Ages...the conditions had to be right...)

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

Br. Muhammad doesn't need my help, Alhumdulillah.

I've never understood your philosophical post to say the least. This is where my discussion with you (on the topic) ends.

BaarakAllahu feeki.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I did not say gravity changed. The way we define gravity has changed. You are the scientist. The theories of Eisenstein are being challenged, son. Come on now. He ain't god and he got some things that are falling apart. If I know this it is common knowledge.

You have a lot to learn about the Quran. And if you feel you are in the ranks of the ignorant you are the one that needs to address the issue.

Christians made changes by reading the Muslims..think about that one.

There are many cures for disease and there is a 500 page book right here on TTI on the medicine of the Prophet, swas. Read the threads on Muslim cures.

And I will address you as Muhammed. Forgive me...I was addressing the username.

Seeking Allah's Mercy..you are right. I am too philosophical for most people here. And it is very frustrating because there are very few peers. I do not have time for this thread.

Lisa1979

Banned
Good evening everyone! I hope all is well :) salamualaykum!!!

Aapa, I say this in a humble tone: I just read your old post where you mentioned you have diabetes. Are you cured from Sura 1?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister Lisa,

I am still alive and kicking.

Muhammed,

No, because the Quran tells us that we are only aware of so much. There exists so much that we have no knowledge.

Do not belittle what the Quran is. Islam is the balance of life. Islam is the only faith that encourages we seek knowledge.

As a Believer, that which is in the Quran is supreme over all. It just is.

Good luck on your studies, InshaAllah you will do well on your exams.

Washing machines were invented by slaves who were descendents of Muslims.

Humility is also having the ability to tell the truth.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam alaikum
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,
Christians made changes by reading the Muslims..think about that one.

lol.

Seeking Allah's Mercy..you are right. I am too philosophical for most people here. And it is very frustrating because there are very few peers. I do not have time for this thread.
I didn't say that to offend you aapa. I only said I can't reply to what you posted for me, because I usually don't understand what you say.

I apologize for the frustration caused.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Bottom line: Evolution is a theory.

Christians reject the theory equally.

To reject a theory does not make one a lesser being.

Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy..Al-Hazen made many contributions to science. He is one of many.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
I will let Brother Abdul Raheem Green talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66o9Pkyq08

Salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

This was a nice lecture, Alhamdullilah.
And i agree with with one of the comments from this link:
The problem is, atheists are using "evolution" and "natural selection" as tools in order to promote atheism and materialism.
and i belive this is why many muslims do not even make the first step to seek knowledge in this field.

Allah made us a great gift wich is our brain and the best tool that someone needs for a better life is information, inshallah with His guidance, truth will prevail.

The second thing i will like to say is that not only seeking knowledge will please Allah, but also good manners, if we dont respect each other what is the use ? :

Abu Huraira ® narrated, that the Prophet Sallahu Alayhi Waslam said:
“I have not been sent as a Messenger, except to perfect character (Akhlaaq)”
“The nearest of you to me on the Day of Judgement will be the one who is best in character.”
(Bukhari)

(Remember) that the two receivers (recording angels) receive (each human being), one sitting on the right and one on the left (to note his or her actions.
Not a word does he (or she) utter but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it).
[Qaaf 50:16-18]