"Save TTI Family - Plan"

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I’m seriously offended by what happened a couple of days earlier. The “absolute madness” at TTI has crossed it’s limits. I don’t remember anyone ever picking on sister Aisya al-humaira or sister a_stranger and it’s beyond any reason for me, that anyone should do so.

I’m not going to talk about “requests/ advices”. That part is done. Neither am I going to vent about how offended and hurt I am because this “family” is now just a forum.

It’s about time things are decided. TTI is “TurntoIslam”. Not Turntogetyourscienficfactsstraight or turntodebates. All of us, who want to have anything other than Islam discussed here, when it is not appreciated by general audience, is under no obligation to be here. There are many different forums where you can shout insults and debate, forcing your opinion on others. Go for those alternatives.

To all those brothers and sisters who have been affected by this “Tornado”, those who are seen pleading here and there, I hope all of you will take part in this.

1) Help the Moderators:
It appears that that the moderators are busy, they don’t seem to be able to get to the trash in time. Bring questionable posts to their attention by VMing/ PMing the links and the problems (including the “beautiful” replies made to those posts) Let them know what do you think is wrong with the posts that you are reporting. Start now. Some members here have the tendency to start an eruption on what appears to be a thread "done and dead".

2) PM/VM another Moderator if the case isn’t resolved with in 24 hours or remind the same mod again.

3) Don’t reply to posts you don’t approve of, so as not to give the mods “extra work” to do.

I’ve suggested the above especially for Sister, Aisya al-humaira, Tabassum, Shahnazz, a_stranger, Allahknowsbest, alf2, AyeshaPKS, Islamerica, hayat84, MuslimShadow, allisIslam, afrazk, Hajjer, kakorot, sabs1164, Shyhijabi, shak78, IHearIslam, and other sisters who are around and I’ve missed their names.

Contact Sister al-fajr and Umm Muhammad al- mahdi. They are usually online these days.

I’ll also say the same for Br. Kashif_Nazeer, Ershad, SlaveofAllah88, Itqanullah, Uniqueskates, Rustandi, Islamyay!!, strive-may-I, Hardrock Muslim, ilyas-eh and those whose who are around and I’ve missed your names. Contact BrotherInIslam7, Shishani (hope the spelling are right) Thariq2005, and Mabsoot. I’ve seen them frequent the forums these days.

4) Lastly, Br. Ibn Adam77, I hope you can find some time to write a small request/letter to two brothers. Back when I was new, we had two really respected, straightforward, strict but polite moderators. They had everything under control. Our new mods (namely al-fajr, BII7 and thariq2005) just aren’t the same as them (Don’t get me wrong you three, I respect you all, but you are nowhere in the league, you lack the attitude). I was hoping them both can spare a week or two to get some things straight. They can go fishing after that Inshaa`Allah.

I’m talking about Br. Al-Kashmiri and Abu Baseer. If they were able to knock some sense into me, I’m sure they can do better with “our new trouble” these days. Write a small letter. Post it here. Members can sign it by posting their approval. You can then PM both of them Inshaa`Allah. Who knows they may actually turn up to help, with "thread close;)" under their usernames.

Oh and Br. Mabsoot, I’m PMing you a link to this thread, just so that you can check the “report functionality” I don’t think it’s working.

Any suggestions are welcome. Debates are definitely not welcomed. Anyone who is really itched by this thread is encouraged to ignore it, not that there is anything itchy though.

JazaakumAllahu khayraa.

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

This is what I was talking about. JazakiAllahu khairan sister, for the effort.

Just now a close friend was asking me to go an overnight fish trip. :D Thus, planning that too.

Command accepted. I will do my part inshaAllah.

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

TTI needs to go to the ICU department. Your advice is well-accepted as always, sister. Thanks for taking the initiative on this matter. And I'm sure the report functionality is working fine. I reported something and it got taken care of within 12 hours. Just be sure to state the reason of what's wrong with the post, as it would help the mods to reach a solution in time.

Let's pray for the wellbeing of TTI. InshaAllah, the troubles should be sorting themselves out soon enough..

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum;

Any suggestions are welcome.

let me please explain something which is out of subject but on as It comes to MODERATING.
as a MOD somewhere, i read how mods are to be plus plus, but I found out that was not enough.
I don know but I think that being a moderator on certain -discussion concerning Islam or whatsoever, a moderator should be well knowledgeable with Subject dealing.with his/her space as Mod.

in brief a Nanny is NO better than a Mother.

last and the first - forgive me for Any unintentional mistakes if Arises.

thank you.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

*Phew*

Indeed, been quite hot these days on the board. Trying my best not to engage myself in useless talks/debates.

Lol@ "They can go fishing after that". Thanks for making me smile :)

Inshaa Allaah everyone will buckle up and try our best to keep this place as it should be: TurnToIslam. Submit to peace.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam.

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh sister:

You are right sister, but we tried our best to make the teachings of Islam clear . We were trying not to let that boy leave Islam. I have sons and I know what is going on inside youth of today. The schools , the media is calling to worship a new false idols : science , fame, pleasure............only Islam can drag them out of those locks. We tried to make the picture clear.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu

Sister JazakAllah khair for this, yes Alhumdulilah brother ibn adam already talked about it too, and to be honest i have been trying to do that maybe not contacting all the mods but some of them and tagging the post but there has been so much going on that it must be hard for mods as well. And SubhanAllah really miss br Mabsoot he was the ameer so he kept things in check.

if brother Mabsoot sees this, then its a humble request to maybe appoint more mods, someone who can just close the threads or warn people who are in unnecessary arguements.

SubhanAllah something i noticed which i hadn't really seen here before, how people have started to attack each other on personal levels, like people are finding pics online or somewhere and posting it and abusing someone like come on have some ikhlaq they are your brother/sister.

InshAllah lets try our best to follow the advice

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam, I saw the link without the PM needed. inshaAllah will do my best to sort out these problems.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Yet more propagadist rubbish. If you are keeping your children ignorant of science and truth then I truly feel for them. They deserve a good education and they deserve the truth.

But don't worry yourselves.....I will be off soon enough and I will trouble you no more with my science and truth. You can all go back to sitting in the dark instead of standing in the light.

Hi Scotty :) "your science" and "your truth"? I am glad you said that, because it is yours, that is why it is not correct.

Try and have patience, I am not your enemy, and I am sure none of the people here are either. Chillax.

Everyone should do their best to get along, this is a general message for all that there is no room here for name-calling or bullying of any sort.

Btw, are you bosnian? Maybe you would like to speak to one of our bosnian mods, who has actually done phd in nuclear biology. If that is not science enough for you.

a_stranger

Scotty ,

Son ,Everything in our world should be put in it's own proper place, Alhamdullah our family are very well educated....but we don't worship science ,.....we worship the one who designed this being in accordance with perfect ongoing laws. It is very good to explore those laws and study them ......but they are not to be worshiped . Those laws are telling about the one who created , originated, organized , ..........all my children are very brilliant alhamduliAllah .........I invite to ponder in this verse

25:2 He to whom the dominion over the heavens and the earth belongs, and who begets no offspring, [2] and has no partner in His dominion: for it is He who Creates every thing and determines its nature in accordance with [His own] design. - *!*!

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum salam sister Seeking Allah's Mercy

TTI is “TurntoIslam”. Not Turntogetyourscienficfactsstraight or turntodebates
WELL SAID!!

All the latest drama is ridiculous.

I miss the good ol' tti, where everyone got along and even when our opinions differed, we still respected each other. Now it's so different.

Barak Allahu feeki

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I am English. My stepfather is Bosnian and he has a PhD in Genetics. If you are seriously saying that that moderator has a PhD in biology and doesn't accept evolution as the scientific truth, then they should realise that universities have the power to cancel science PhD's for academic dishonesty such as promoting creationism.

But I'm no longer interested. If anything this place has helped me come to the realisation that I most certainly am not a muslim. I have ceased practicing and I've cancelled everything I was learning. So it really doesn't matter what is said any more. Telling lies about science only damages religion, not to mention the people involved.

I know so many so many muslim PhDs in Biochemistry who are now working successfully all over the world, and I can vouch that none of them believe in evolution, brother. I mean, they believe that genetic mutations occur that can cause changes in the human makeup, but certainly not that humans were created from any other animal. Adam alayhis salaam had neither a father, nor a mother, and that is *fact* as its in the Quran. Science can still not explain how Jesus alayhis salaam could be born without a father, but he was, and that is *fact*.

Brother, Islam is not just about evolution. Are you saying just because *we* hold this view, you are now believing Islam is all a lie, that Allah is not the only God and that Muhammad :saw2: is not his messenger? Islam is much bigger issue than science. It is the complete way of life. Why don't we see you asking about anything related to the deen? Why not try and focus on other matters for the time being? Give it some time and see where it goes..

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,
BarakAllahu feeki,
Insha'Allah hopefully good senses prevail and people be vigilant in this day and age.

Kakorot

Yeah....I've noticed that most followers of Islam don't like science or questioning :)

If someone isn't prepared to be dictated to then they really won't be happy here.

That's not true.

From what I have observed, majority of the members here do not agree with all your views, especially the belief that we came from monkeys etc.

And because we don't agree, you have responded in a insulting manner (though you were not the only one).

It's okay if you think we live in the dark ages, we don't care. Is that supposed to insult us or something? Well it doesn't.

All I'm saying is if other people differ with your views, you should accept it. Everyone is entitled to their opinions at the end of the day. But this is an islamic forum and if what you say contradicts with the teachings of Islam, then of course you are going to get members speaking out against it.

Btw you keep saying "I'm leaving Islam" "I'm not Muslim anymore!" Okay well, by you being Muslim you are not doing us or God a favour; it's for yourself. So it's up to you.

IbnAdam77

Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

How nice would it be, if you guys just open another thread for that? :) Please do not dump all your emotions here in this thread. Its made for a different purpose.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
If something is not scientifically verifiable.....then it most certainly is not a fact.

:salam2:

Allah has not been proven by science either. So He, the One who created me and you and everything around is not fact? And that is the very basis of being a muslim.

Well, I think I'm ending this discussion here. Sorry to my brothers and sisters for derailing the thread. JazakAllahu Khayr bro IbnAdam for the needed reminder.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
SO.

Going back to the original topic, I do believe that members should be more vigilant about keeping TTI's true spirit alive. We may all get caught up in wanting to defend our beautiful faith or moreso lash out at an offensive statement, but above all I think it's best to keep in mind that responses to such an individual should be made for the right reasons. That means basing our decisions on Allah and not our own selves or our personal sense of honor.

I'm seriously speaking to myself first and foremost. I've had to remember the above as well even though its not first nature to me but I felt what I'm sure everyone else on this forum felt and that was that no one wanted to be the catalyst to tip the "extremely fragile and delicate balance" and push this person out of Islam. I was totally willing to pass that torch to someone else and I see I wasn't the only one, as many people who would usually respond refrained from doing so. My guess, for the same reason.

At the end of the day, every individual will answer for his or her own choices, no one else's. Lets try to make the right one, people. Goes a little something like "La illaha illa ALLAH". Not "illa (insert Taghut of choice)".

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
At the end of the day, every individual will answer for his or her own choices, no one else's. Lets try to make the right one, people. Goes a little something like "La illaha illa ALLAH". Not "illa (insert Taghut of choice)".

Nice finishing line sister. AllahuAkbar, :)

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

I don't really have a problem with people discussing science and other issues or even debating, why are people so averse to it? If you don't have the knowledge to discuss it then steer clear of it, or inform yourself and stand by what is correct, don't just get upset because you feel uncomfortable with the topic. Yes, you get people coming with the wrong intentions in debating, deal with it in the way Islam requires you deal with it, advise them to what is better, you could simply ignore it and the don't fuel the debate by posting in it, or even about it, and it would soon die off. I don't mind discussions and debates as long as the correct adab is applied and the topic is appropriate to be discussed by the likes of the levels of knowledge you get on the forum, if these conditions are in place, then no problem.

I personally don't think this thread was necessary, with all due respect to Seeking Allah's Mercy. If you feel the atmosphere is not to your liking then be the change you want to see by increasing the number of useful posts you make, this was my advice recently to some members and it's my advice to you now,

TTI is only what the members make it and if moderators come along closing 99% of the threads then what is the point of such a forum? We're all grown ups here but sometimes we're all way too sensitive and intolerant and generally take things said by anonymous people in the world way too seriously. Islam is supposed to be embodied in our characters and if we can't engage in a discussion without falling to pieces, then that is simply pathetic.

General note: If anything is brought to my direct attention I tend to deal with it before I sign out again, or I make sure I come back on the same day and deal with it.

Wa-salam

IbnAdam77

Assalamu'alaykum,

I don't really have a problem with people discussing science and other issues or even debating, why are people so averse to it? If you don't have the knowledge to discuss it then steer clear of it, or inform yourself and stand by what is correct, don't just get upset because you feel uncomfortable with the topic. Yes, you get people coming with the wrong intentions in debating, deal with it in the way Islam requires you deal with it, advise them to what is better, you could simply ignore it and the don't fuel the debate by posting in it, or even about it, and it would soon die off. I don't mind discussions and debates as long as the correct adab is applied and the topic is appropriate to be discussed by the likes of the levels of knowledge you get on the forum, if these conditions are in place, then no problem.

I personally don't think this thread was necessary, with all due respect to Seeking Allah's Mercy. If you feel the atmosphere is not to your liking then be the change you want to see by increasing the number of useful posts you make, this was my advice recently to some members and it's my advice to you now,

TTI is only what the members make it and if moderators come along closing 99% of the threads then what is the point of such a forum? We're all grown ups here but sometimes we're all way too sensitive and intolerant and generally take things said by anonymous people in the world way too seriously. Islam is supposed to be embodied in our characters and if we can't engage in a discussion without falling to pieces, then that is simply pathetic.

General note: If anything is brought to my direct attention I tend to deal with it before I sign out again, or I make sure I come back on the same day and deal with it.

Wa-salam

Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Dear sister al-fajr

I fully accept when you said "TTI is only what the members make it and if moderators come along closing 99% of the threads then what is the point of such a forum? We're all grown ups here but sometimes we're all way too sensitive and intolerant and generally take things said by anonymous people in the world way too seriously. Islam is supposed to be embodied in our characters and if we can't engage in a discussion without falling to pieces, then that is simply pathetic."

However, with all due respect, I do believe the TTI is in the worst situation since it came into life. This is a situation in which the members cannot do much, if the moderators (not very few who visit us even now) do not pay much attention. I wish if you notice that many brothers and sisters are still trying to contribute with beautiful threads. Moreover, there are a LOT of brothers and sisters who still try to keep TTI as a family. Meanwhile, the family has turned to a forum now.

I am sorry to say this, but really I blame myself first, and all the moderators here. There are a plenty of them, but the forum is being spoilt. Even it contains posts of links to nude pictures, very rude posts, slandering, spreading lies about personal matters of members etc etc. Even I heard some members' IDs are hacked.

We are reporting those. Thats all we can do for now, unless Moderators guide us whats new we can do.

Please do not leave us hopeless. We need you all just until the crisis get over.

Wassalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh