Really saddened by the Ummah

Shak78

Today I am very saddened by the state of our Ummah that my fellow Muslims would take glee that those 20 kids were shot dead yesterday. That its payback for those killed by American soldiers and they deserved it, yes more dead Americans really makes my heart wrench when I see Muslims saying this. What is wrong with someone if they rejoice in the death of kids. Killing kids is wrong no matter the nation yet for some Muslims its ok if they are American kids. I cry for the state of the Ummah after seeing this today.

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Hope you get the time to read the thread 77 Branches of Faith, ' Click here'( *Hint*: It has the answers)
There are some more posts in the other thread, you might find them useful.

Abu Umayyah Ash-Sha’bani reported: I asked Abu Tha’labah Al-Kushani,“What do you say about the verse: Take care of yourselves?”[5:105]He said: By Allah, you have asked one aware. I asked the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, about it and Prophet:saw: said, “You should enjoin good and forbid evil, until you see greed being obeyed and followed, and the world is preferred and everyone is amazed with his own opinion, then your duty is for yourself and ignore the common people. Indeed, ahead of you are days of patience, wherein patience will be like grasping hot coals, and the one who does good deeds will have the reward of fifty men who do likewise.” Someone added, “O Messenger of Allah, the reward of fifty of them?” He said, “The reward of fifty of you.” [ Number 4341, Sahih]

Today I am very saddened by the state of our Ummah that my fellow Muslims would take glee that those 20 kids were shot dead yesterday. That its payback for those killed by American soldiers and they deserved it, yes more dead Americans really makes my heart wrench when I see Muslims saying this. What is wrong with someone if they rejoice in the death of kids. Killing kids is wrong no matter the nation yet for some Muslims its ok if they are American kids. I cry for the state of the Ummah after seeing this today.

JazakiAllaahu Khairan.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I saw some disturbing Facebook posts on this today. It's really a sad thing to think that Muslims would do the same thing the media tries to do to their children.

The Prophet (ṣallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said describing Heaven, "...the kids around the Prophet Abraham at the foot of the tree, are the children of Mankind."

Alhamdulillah for that.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
"Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors." Surat Al-Mā'idah 5:32

What is there to celebrate? Rejoicing in the death of others is simply obscene, no matter who those people are. I pray that the people (yaa muslims, nauthu billah) making such statements might learn their error without actually having to undergo something similar first hand.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
It's absolutely sick to take pleasure in violence against innocent children. No one said the Ummah doesn't have it's share of sadists and psychos. This just shows you how twisted many Muslims can be and they should be pitied for how pathetic they are.

May Allah save us from such destructive mentalities where even children are not safe under our eyes.

strive-may-i

To ponder over something said with bad taste, is not helpful, and wasteful. 'To paint the whole town red', ... is a reaction, not reflection.

Al-Hasan al-Basri said: "I am astonished about those people who are ordered to prepare their provisions, then the start of the journey is announced, however they remain unmindful in their vain discussions and fruitless deeds."

Shaykh Abdul-Azîz Ibn Bâz
From that which is known to everyone who has the slightest bit of common sense is that hijacking airplanes and kidnapping children and the like are extremely great crimes, the world over. Their evil effects are far and wide, as is the great harm and inconvenience caused to the innocent; the total effect of which none can comprehend except Allaah.

Likewise, from that which is known is that these crimes are not specific to any particular country over and above another country, nor any specific group over and above another group, rather it encompasses the whole world.

There is no doubt about the effect of these crimes; so it is obligatory upon the governments and those responsible from amongst the scholars and other than them to afford these issues great concern, and to exert themselves as much as possible in ending this evil.
(Kayfa Nu'aalij Waaqi'unaa al-Aleem, pp. 108-109)

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
I understand where you are coming from. We should not rejoice at the death of the innocents, especially children. Yet at the same time I can also understand where these "sick" muslims are coming from. There reasoning is that if someone actively engages in bombing and killing of our women and children and rejoices over it then why should we not rejoice when Allah puts them through the same pain and suffering. How many of them cried when they starved over a million iraqi children during the sanctions and then go on air to say it was worth it, or how many children they have killed so far in Afghanistan, Iraq and pakistan with drone attacks. It may very well be that these incidents may be an answer to duas made by the oppressed, who have lost their precious children at the hands of these nations. In such case, a grieving husband, father, brother, sister won't care who is innocent or not, they will make their dua against a whole nation of ppl, praying Allah bring misery and death on them like they have done on us.

So although I understand your frustration, I understand theirs as well. Let's try to look at it from both sides.

Casiva

A Servant of Allah
I understand where you are coming from. We should not rejoice at the death of the innocents, especially children. Yet at the same time I can also understand where these "sick" muslims are coming from. There reasoning is that if someone actively engages in bombing and killing of our women and children and rejoices over it then why should we not rejoice when Allah puts them through the same pain and suffering. How many of them cried when they starved over a million iraqi children during the sanctions and then go on air to say it was worth it, or how many children they have killed so far in Afghanistan, Iraq and pakistan with drone attacks. It may very well be that these incidents may be an answer to duas made by the oppressed, who have lost their precious children at the hands of these nations. In such case, a grieving husband, father, brother, sister won't care who is innocent or not, they will make their dua against a whole nation of ppl, praying Allah bring misery and death on them like they have done on us.

So although I understand your frustration, I understand theirs as well. Let's try to look at it from both sides.

Well said :)
I think it is your rights, people, if you want to pity those children, but as muslim, you must pity MORE on children in Palestine, Afganistan, Suriah, Iraq, etc. Millions of muslim children have been dead/suffering because of that country's arrogancy. But instead of their relatives or really kind people, where in the world those westerners pity or cry for them? Will they stop the occupation because muslim children dying? NO!
So, I think Allah just want to show them how it is felt to lose children so they will respect other's children's life more

Shak78

Sorry I pit all children equally as they are all innocent, Muslim or not. Muslim children killed are no better or worse then these children that were gunned down. They are all innocent.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Sorry I pit all children equally as they are all innocent, Muslim or not. Muslim children killed are no better or worse then these children that were gunned down. They are all innocent.

and well said.

And I understand the explanation of motives, but can only understand that should lead to a grim sense of satisfaction. There have been times when the shoe was on the other foot, and I found the glee distasteful then too

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
For the love of God, children are children.

The end.

It doesn't matter which country, denomination, race, color, etc. that they fall into. They are all innocents and should not be discriminated against.

The kuffar can feel whatever they want but we Muslims are better. So why are we sinking to their level?

There IS a difference between the people of Paradise and the people of Hell. So how can we all be expected to behave in the exact same manner?

We're not. We rise above the negativity. That is the difference between us and them.

Casiva

A Servant of Allah
Yeah, be sad and cry, people. With so many news and comments about those children, why don't we cry, do we? But you should remember, that while you are mourning for those children, AT THE SAME TIME, hundreds of muslims have died today in Syria, millions Palestians are suffering today because of the blocade, 10.000 Rohingya muslims are homeless, and those are including children as well. But strangely, why don't you make thread about that now? Are 20 western children more important than MILLIONS of suffering and dying children and adults of muslims? Or because there are no boasting media reports? Or because usa president don't cry over them? Or because the world leaders don't give condolence towards them?
We must take care the ummah first before taking care of others, moreover if that "others" are actively destroying our brothers and sisters all over the world. The position of muslim and nonmuslim won't be the same in hereafter before Allah.
So, if you have time to mourn, mourn for our dying brothers and sisters including their children in the middle east! If you have time to make thread, make thread about the suffering of millions of muslims world wide! They have children as well to keep you interested. If you have time to blame other muslim from rejoicing while they hurt no one, blame those countries that have kill millions muslims with fake reason!
If you are saddened by "those rejoicing muslims", I am dissapointed at how you think and treat your own brothers and sisters!

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Yeah, be sad and cry, people. With so many news and comments about those 20 children, why don't we cry, do we? But you should remember, that while you are mourning for those children, AT THE SAME TIME, hundreds of muslims have died today in Syria, millions Palestians are suffering today because of the blocade, 10.000 Rohingya muslims are homeless, and those are including children as well. But strangely, why don't you make thread about that now? Are 20 western children more important than MILLIONS of suffering and dying children and adults of muslims? Or because there are no boasting media reports? Or because usa president don't cry over them? Or because the world leaders don't give condolence towards them?
We must take care the ummah first before taking care of others, moreover if that "others" are actively destroying our brothers and sisters all over the world. The position of muslim and nonmuslim won't be the same in hereafter before Allah.
So, if you have time to mourn, mourn for our dying brothers and sisters including their children in the middle east! If you have time to make thread, make thread about the suffering of millions of muslims world wide! They have children as well to keep you interested. If you have time to blame other muslim from rejoicing while they hurt no one, blame those countries that have kill millions muslims with fake reason!
If you are saddened by "those rejoicing muslims", I am dissapointed at how you think and treat your own brothers and sisters!

We talk about Syria, Palestine, Kashmir, Iraq, Kuwait, etc everyday here. We all feel pain for those suffering in Palestine and all those regions but its also sad to see a shooting of kids in our own country. That could have well been a child of mine, or Sis Shanazz. Some of those kids could have been Muslim. You dont know, I dont know, we just dont know.

Anyway, I hate when Arabs get high and mighty saying Americans dont care about Palestine when the Arab countries could have liquidated Palestine and given them all new lives free of terror, but nope, no one did. All the Arab countries could very well band together and declare war against Israel. This would be WW3 probably and I dont really want that BUT it would be the lavish, Arab countries finally growing a backbone. But no, they'd rather build the worlds most expensive christmas tree (Looking at U.A.E) or build more useless monuments (KSA)

This is a subject for another thread, but lets be serious. No one really stands up for Palestine where it really counts. They want to diss Americans and make US feel bad when everyone is failing Palestine. May allah swt guide us all and save the sufferage of Palestine. Ameen.

xAllahKnowsBestx

Yeah, be sad and cry, people. With so many news and comments about those 20 children, why don't we cry, do we?

Yeah well, why not? Are they not children? Are they not innocent?

Why is it that some Muslims feel the need to devalue the lives of these innocent children, five or six year olds, just because the Western media ignores the plight of the Muslims in other countries.. I don't understand. Yes, horrible things are going on in Syria, Palestine, Pakistan, Burma and so many other places, but that shouldn't take away from how horrible this massacre was either. The fact that the parents of these children who died are non-Muslims means nothing.

They're children. Our blood isn't made of gold and theirs out of water.

What's the difference between those who rejoice at the deaths of our innocent children and the Muslims who rejoice at the deaths of these innocent children?

Like Sister Shahnazz said, we have to rise above their level.

Casiva

A Servant of Allah
We talk about Syria, Palestine, Kashmir, Iraq, Kuwait, etc everyday here. We all feel pain for those suffering in Palestine and all those regions but its also sad to see a shooting of kids in our own country. That could have well been a child of mine, or Sis Shanazz. Some of those kids could have been Muslim. You dont know, I dont know, we just dont know.

Anyway, I hate when Arabs get high and mighty saying Americans dont care about Palestine when the Arab countries could have liquidated Palestine and given them all new lives free of terror, but nope, no one did. All the Arab countries could very well band together and declare war against Israel. This would be WW3 probably and I dont really want that BUT it would be the lavish, Arab countries finally growing a backbone. But no, they'd rather build the worlds most expensive christmas tree (Looking at U.A.E) or build more useless monuments (KSA)

This is a subject for another thread, but lets be serious. No one really stands up for Palestine where it really counts. They want to diss Americans and make US feel bad when everyone is failing Palestine. May allah swt guide us all and save the sufferage of Palestine. Ameen.

"Discussing middle east everyday?" Strangely I seldom see that kind of thread, while I check this forum regularly. Also, even if there are muslims amongs those children, there are millions of other muslims including children who need "mourning" more. If the dead children are muslim, they need no mourn, they will happily go to paradise now.
At least the Arabs don't veto againts Palestine in UN. They also don't defend occupation in muslim's land nor help financing enemy of Islam. They stand with Palestine always in UN and help Palestine as much as they can in millions dollar. The reason why they can't help openly in war is because they must think of their people's walfare.But secretly they help Palestine in war, like Iran with her new rocket to help Hamas. Also muslim hackers who did help to destroy israel database.
If you are muslims, your priority is your religion first. What is the point of keep blaming another muslims? After the "rejoicing muslims" and now the Arabs? What's gotten into the ummah now? I am really "saddened" by this situation. This is much more critical for Islam rather than those "rejoicing muslims"!

Yeah well, why not? Are they not children? Are they not innocent?

Why is it that some Muslims feel the need to devalue the lives of these innocent children, five or six year olds, just because the Western media ignores the plight of the Muslims in other countries.. I don't understand. Yes, horrible things are going on in Syria, Palestine, Pakistan, Burma and so many other places, but that shouldn't take away from how horrible this massacre was either. The fact that the parents of these children who died are non-Muslims means nothing.

They're children. Our blood isn't made of gold and theirs out of water.

What's the difference between those who rejoice at the deaths of our innocent children and the Muslims who rejoice at the deaths of these innocent children?

Like Sister Shahnazz said, we have to rise above their level.

Yes, you don't understand, because your children have never been killed in front of you while you can do NOTHING except of praying. We are not angel and Allah is not jesus christ who will wash away all the sins without punishment. NO. We are human, sometimes we are suffered by others and can't accept nor forgive easily. Allah has allowed us to pray, even badly, for any injustice acts. Allah will repay all those who injustice so they will feel how are their victims' feelings. After punishment, Allah will forgive them. That is FAIR!
They are perhaps nothing to you but those oppressed muslims see that as symbol of "justice to be served". That is nothing compared to countless dead muslims children in Palestine. It is your rights to be sad for those children, but it is also their rights to rejoice. Blaming those muslims for rejoicing proves that you have no sympathy towards your fellow muslims' pain!
Oh, I am sure there are many differences. Firstly, because muslims are not the ones who kill the children. They are killed by their own people. So, those muslims have no fault. While those westerners KILLED muslims and they paid no mind. That is fully their faults. Secondly, muslims have full rights to rejoice because they have been oppressed while the westerners don't have this rights because they did the killings. Thirdly, muslim's blood is much more valuable before Allah. Fourthly, we are not going to heaven based on nationality but based on religion, so religion matters must come first.
Be sad at your content, but blaming your own brothers and sisters because of this matter is insensitive and shameful!

alf2

Islam is a way of life

So, you can bash American Muslims but now that I've bashed Arab Muslims I've gone too far?
Interesting....Dont throw rocks when you live in glass house.

Actually, I have no problem with Arabs, however, when criticizing our problems you need to realize ALL countries (Muslim or not) have their own.

Also, I will highlight some threads from the "news and current affairs" area of this site. I see:

Syria, Syria, Syria, genocide in burma, "please remember our brothers and sisters" (syria), gaza, gaza, syria, and Palestine wins UN general assembly vote.

Also, did you know that Palestine has its own forum on this site?
Bam: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Shak78

Thread like this, who say well people got thier just desserts are so blind. They can't see the differenance between regular Americans and the Government of America. Anyone who is rejoicing about 20 dead 6 and 7 year olds is just not right. To rejoice about the killing of ANY child is wrong but I guess for some since they are American children its ok to rejoice about their deaths. How sickening. As for how I treat my brothers and sisters, I have none other then in faith and I treat them as they treat me, and those who rejoice in the killing of children because they are American are not my brothers and sisters in faith.

As for other places there are threads all over this site about them, so dont go acting like they are not there. If the Arab world wanted to really help the Palestinans they could but that is for another thread. Once again I don't get how anyone could be happy that 6 and 7 year olds are dead no matter the nationality. This is enough to almost have me just give up on humanity.

Shak78

So, you can bash American Muslims but now that I've bashed Arab Muslims I've gone too far?
Interesting....Dont throw rocks when you live in glass house.

Actually, I have no problem with Arabs, however, when criticizing our problems you need to realize ALL countries (Muslim or not) have their own.

Also, I will highlight some threads from the "news and current affairs" area of this site. I see:

Syria, Syria, Syria, genocide in burma, "please remember our brothers and sisters" (syria), gaza, gaza, syria, and Palestine wins UN general assembly vote.

Also, did you know that Palestine has its own forum on this site?
Bam: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Pretty much sister, since they are not Muslim children they are less in that person's eyes which is sad. I love how some Muslims feel the need to say how Muslim blood is more important then non-Muslim blood and thus its ok when they die. These were kids who were innocent of any wrong doing at all but hey there were not Muslims so who cares right. Self-righteous Muslims anger me more then anything. If you have no heart and do not care about these kids then that says it all about you (Not you Sister Alf). I mourn all children killed regardless of race, nationality, religion ect, they are all INNOCENT in the eyes of Allah. Go ahead and rejoice, I shall have nothing more to do with you as you are a cold hearted person who is happy that 20 kids got killed because they happened to be American kids.

BTW lets just blame the west for every problem in the Muslim world instead of looking inward at your own countries and see what you can fix but no, blaming the West is just so much easier for people instead of taking accountability for thier own elected officials actions. Can't have that now.