Are Mosques being left behind?

hst123

Do you see a new trend gaining dominance? Instead of going to mosques for prayers, Muslims have found an effortless remedy to this wearisome obligation and that is by

praying individually at home. I was going through this write-up and it highlights some current norms prevalent in our society, which obviously are not supposed to be

nurtured. These are intense problems awaiting a concrete solution.

Article: http://www.blog.avenueislam.com/2012/10/are-mosques-being-left-in-oblivion/

Are you following this new fashion or are you left behind? What's your feedback on this, how can we pull ourselves from this situation. Please frame your opinion in

bullet points. I'll try and get some good points published directly on the blog.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,it depends also from the city in which you live,I live in a town where there is no mosque,no contacts with muslim sisters,it's so boring here:(
among the signs of the End there is that of the decreasing of people going to pray to the mosques,where the voice will be increased(people will shout there) and when the Mueddhin will say the adhan,the only ones who will respond to it,it will be the dogs.it's a big "pain" above all for those who have reverted and maybe have more difficulties to follow the good example,by the way that many born muslims are not practising properly.this is the reality.me, as woman,I feel more comfortable to pray at home,because I've discovered to be too shy to share my presence with others,but I don't dislike going to the mosque,when there are not too many sisters there

Shak78

I also live in an area where the nearest Mosque is over 2 hours away but my hometown mosque would not let women pray there, it was totally cultural and if you were a women you didn't go. That is part of the problem that the Muslim community needs to address is the cultural practices brought in to Islam that are not Islamic.