TTI is a salafist website. The members are salafis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammadyunus

Now tell me, all those reverts out here, have you gained knowledge about who the salafis are ? What is salafism ?
Did you know that salafist are called Ahle Hadis ?
No. Dont get me wrong. The ahle hadis are not bidattis like the barelwis who follow imam raza khan's teachings.
The salafis are also not deviant.
But the knowledge of the salafis leaves a lot to be desired.
They have lots of misconceptions which they are not ready to accept or debate.
The reverts should gain knowledge before following or defending anything.
The noor of taqwa in your hearts will never be realised if you remain high and dry with the salafis.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamua`alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh,

Brother, you didn't even start your post with a salaam and immediately jump into insulting the forum and its whole members.

Honestly, what is the purpose of this thread? Trying to help the reverts find the true path? I doubt that.

Whatever grudge that you have from the other discussions on the board, clear it up with asking questions and discuss it again instead of throwing the bomb at everyone.

May Allaah guide us all.

:wasalam:

Brother Younus, Please dont confuse the new people and don't talk about sects if you have any personal misunderstanding or grudge against any salafi or for that matter any other sect talk to them face to face and sort it out.

hope u Understand ...

mohammadyunus

Brother Younus, Please dont confuse the new people and don't talk about sects if you have any personal misunderstanding or grudge against any salafi or for that matter any other sect talk to them face to face and sort it out.

hope u Understand ...

listen, i am a revert. So i am not biased towards any sect. What happened is that a revert generally follows the sect he comes in contact with. I therefore studied everyone from barelwis to ahle hadis ( salafis) to ahle sunnah wal jamaah. But not all reverts gain knowledge about all the sects. When they come into contact with forums like this one, they tend to blindly follow everything written here. But not everything written here is correct, is it? So thats why i have asked the reverts to take nothing on face value but learn study and gain first hand PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE about what you hear.

brother sohail, as you live in india, it will be easy for you to study about ahle hadith people. so why dont you study about them and then share your knowledge. ?

P.S - before reversion it was ingrained in our minds that the shias are good muslims and the others like the sunnis are like backward dirty people from whom we must always maintain safe distance. IF i hadnt studiedand got in contact with the sunnis, would i have realised the truth ?? especially about the shias ??

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
listen, i am a revert. So i am not biased towards any sect. What happened is that a revert generally follows the sect he comes in contact with. I therefore studied everyone from barelwis to ahle hadis ( salafis) to ahle sunnah wal jamaah. But not all reverts gain knowledge about all the sects. When they come into contact with forums like this one, they tend to blindly follow everything written here. But not everything written here is correct, is it? So thats why i have asked the reverts to take nothing on face value but learn study and gain first hand PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE about what you hear.

brother sohail, as you live in india, it will be easy for you to study about ahle hadith people. so why dont you study about them and then share your knowledge. ?

P.S - before reversion it was ingrained in our minds that the shias are good muslims and the others like the sunnis are like backward dirty people from whom we must always maintain safe distance. IF i hadnt studiedand got in contact with the sunnis, would i have realised the truth ?? especially about the shias ??

:salam2:

What do you mean by studying people and practical experience brother?Islam is not studied by studying people,but the belief and the aqeedah.We can never know anything by studying people,but by studying what hey believe.
I dont understand what your problem is with ahle hadith ?

Ayyub

Assalamou Alaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh:

Brother what exactly is your problem with the scholars who ascribe themselves to the Aqida of the Salaf?

Then my question is: Did Mohamed salllahu alayhi wa salam mention himself as a Salaf?

If you met some not so kind people who ascribe themselves to the salafi-aqida doesn't mean all the Salafi's are like that.

I would like torecommand you with a Salafi scholar who speaks Hindi:
Look for Waseeullah Abbas and please tell me what is worng with what he is teaching?

Wa'alaikoum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

mohammadyunus

:salam2:

What do you mean by studying people and practical experience brother?Islam is not studied by studying people,but the belief and the aqeedah.We can never know anything by studying people,but by studying what hey believe.
I dont understand what your problem is with ahle hadith ?

sorry but i think i didnt put it right so you misunderstood. By Ahle Hadith people actually i meant their beliefs and aqeedah which you have correctly pointed out.

John Smith

No problem.
Its the later days scholars who call themselves the followers of salaf but in reality are not so.

It amazes me that someone who has only become a muslim recently put's himself in a position to declare that scholars are not what they say they are.

Enter like an arrow-leave like an arrow.

Be patient with yourself and busy yourself with more important matters.

mohammadyunus

It amazes me that someone who has only become a muslim recently put's himself in a position to declare that scholars are not what they say they are.

Enter like an arrow-leave like an arrow.

Be patient with yourself and busy yourself with more important matters.

8 years, brother since I have reverted. And what would be more important than following the correct path. Indentifying. But they didnt accept Hazrat Umar radiallahu so what chance have I got ?

mohammadyunus

SALAFI:

The word salaf means predecessor and salafi means who follow predecessors… let’s see that who are salaf?

For our Islamic history the first salaf is prophet mohammad Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him ..And after him the companions then their disciples (tabayeen) then their disciples (taba-tabayeen) and after them who ever followed these three generations path in the preceding time are also salaf..means our predecessors who followed prophet mohammad Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him and sahaba and tabayeen and taba-tabayeen… there are many of them…..uncountable...sahaba’s only were more than 125000 then think about their students and then think about their students student..And imagine what must be there quantity? I bet you cannot count them…but it’s true that all of them are salaf..The righteous predecessors…let me give you some famous names from salafs..

The first and the greatest ever salaf is :

1. Prophet mohammad Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him

Then the great Companions:

2. Four righteously guided caliphs
3. Hazrat abdallah ibne masood raziallahu anhu
4. Hazrat abu zar ghifari raziallahu anhu
5. Hazrat abu huraira raziallahu anhu and more than 125000 sahab’s

Tabyeen:

1. Hassan al-Basri rahmatullah alehi
2. Abu Hanifa an-Nu‘man (imam e azam abu hanifa rahmatullah aleh)
3. Alqama ibn Qays al-Nakhai
4. Said ibn al-Musayyab
5. Ata ibn Abi Rabah

Taba-Tabayeen:

1. Imam Shafi'i
2. Imam Malik
3. Imam Ahmed ibn Hanbal
4. al-Qassim ibn Muhammad ibn Abu Bakr as-Siddiq
5. Dawud al-Tai

Above mentioned are very few names of some great salaf’s.. Actual Logic is..whoever follow these salaf are on the right path and they are salafi’s…and who ever denies them he is not on right path and he is not a true salafi..insha allah I will tell you in coming paragraphs that who are actual salafis..

SUFI:

There is no doubt that Sufism or Tasawwuf is an important branch of Islam irrespective of whether the word itself is derived from the Arabic word SUF (which literally means Wool) or its origin traced to suffa (a place outside the house of prophet Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him ) where companions gather to attain the knowledge of islam.it has its foundation in sincerity, both in conduct and in intention, and its ultimate aim is communion with ALLAH subhanahu wa ta’ala, and attainment of HIS pleasure. The study of quran and hadith and everyday life of companions and other salaf’s provide support to this reality.

If you peek into the lives of some greatest salaf’s you will find Sufism in their life and you will realize that salaf’s are sufi’s as well...

Hence … there is NO CONFLICT between sufi islam and salafi islam… both are same…

But in these times there is a group who claim to be salafi’s (salafi means those who follow their predecessors or salaf’s) if you observe them closely then you will find they are actually not following salaf’s…. their claiming is false…

I Will provide you some examples here:

1. Salafi’s claim that taraveeh is only 8 rakats…20 rakats taraveeh is the innovation of hazrat umar raziallahu anhu (nauzu billah) hazrat umar raziallahu anhu is one of the rightly guided caliph and a great salaf…
Infact once prophet mohammad Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him said [which means] if there is a prophet in my place he would be abu bakar (raziallahu anhu) and if there would be a prophet after me then he would be Umar (raziallahu anhu)…
My mind cannot collect the words to describe hazrat umar raziallahu anhu’s greatness…But…These so called salafi’s disregard his verdict (fatwa) of 20 rakat taraveeh and continue to pray only 8 rakat taraveeh…Yet they claim they are the true salafis…[Ma’azallah]

2. Hazrat abu bakar siddeeq raziallahu anhu and hazrat ali raziallahu anhu were one of the sufi’s….no doubt they were great salaf’s but they were sufi as well..but this so called salafi group disregard Sufism yet they call themselves as salafi’s… [Ma’azallah]

3. There Is no doubt that hazrat imam e azam abu hanifa rahmatullah alehi was one of the greatest salaf…But these so called salafi group is denying him..infact this so called salafi group is the enemy of abu hanifa rahmatullah aleh.they are denying a great salaf yet they call themselves SALAFI..[Ma’azallah]

I think above mentioned 3 examples are enough to conclude that this so called salafi group is actually not true salafi…this so called salafi group thinks that they have knowledge more than hazrat umar raziallahu anhu ma’azallah summa ma’azallah…and they deny a fatwa of hazrat umar raziallahu anhu regarding taraveeh rakats..What more proof one wants to conclude this so called salafi group as ignorant group?

So there is NO CONFLICT in SUFI ISLAM and SALAFI ISLAM…both are SAME….
But there is BIG CONFLICT in SUFI group AND so called SALAFI/WAHABI/AHLE HADEES group…SUFI group Is actually TRUE SALAFI’s but these so called SALAFI group is NOT ACTUALLY TRUE SALAFI’s but they are IGNORANTS..May Allah guide me and them to right path...ameen...

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
So there is NO CONFLICT in SUFI ISLAM and SALAFI ISLAM…both are SAME….
But there is BIG CONFLICT in SUFI group AND so called SALAFI/WAHABI/AHLE HADEES group…SUFI group Is actually TRUE SALAFI’s but these so called SALAFI group is NOT ACTUALLY TRUE SALAFI’s but they are IGNORANTS..May Allah guide me and them to right path...ameen...

I wish you would give up already. There may have been some people in the past similar to what you call sufi, but anything sufi today is nothing more than deviance. They are not the real salafi, they are grave worshipers, bidah innovators and much more. You really need to stop bashing the so called "wahabis" and the salafis, and stop defending your deviant sufi sect. I know SE Asains can be stubborn even when shown the truth and they will still fight against it. This forum is a sunni forum and not salafi as you accuse it to be, although there is nothing wrong with those who call themselves salafi and follow the as-salaf the right away. After your deviant sufi posts were debunked, you created this thread to whine about it. This is getting old, please grow up and learn proper Islam.

--------------------------------

Question #20375: Sufi tareeqahs and the ruling on joining them

Question :

In the sufis thariqa' there was a term call syari'a,thariqa',haqiqa' and ma'rifah.Is this term really have been tought by Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)to his companion according to the definition by the thariqa' it self.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

We must understand that the word al-soofiyyah (Sufism) refers to wearing woollen clothes [the Arabic word soof means “wool”] and nothing else.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The word al-soofiyyah (Sufism) refers to wearing woollen clothes; this is the correct meaning. It was said that it comes from the word safwat al-fuqaha’ (the elite of the fuqaha’) or from Soofah ibn Add ibn Taanijah, an Arab tribe that was known for its asceticism, or from Ahl al-Suffah (poor Muslims in Madeenah at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who used to stay in the mosque), or from al-Safa (the mountain in Makkah), or from the word al-safwah (meaning elite), or from the phrase al-saff al-muqaddam bayna yaday Allaah (the foremost rank before Allaah). All of these views are weak (da’eef); if any of them were true then the word would be saffi or safaa’i or safawi, not sufi.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/195

Sufism (tasawwuf) did not appear until after the first three generations which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) praised when he said, “The best of mankind is my generation, then those who come after them, then those who come after them…” (narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2652; Muslim, 2533; from the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood).

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

With regard to the word soofiyyah (Sufism), it was not known during the first three generations, rather it became known after that.

Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 11/5

This tareeqah and its like are among the innovated ways that go against the Qur’aan and Sunnah and the way followed by the best generations. All the shaykhs of these tareeqahs have made up their own wirds (phrases to be uttered as dhikr), hizb (books of du’aa’ to be read daily by their followers) and ways of worship by which each of them may be distinguished from the others; this goes against sharee’ah and divides the ummah.

Allaah has blessed this ummah by perfecting its religion and completing His Favour upon it, so everyone who comes up with an act of worship or a way that was not brought by sharee’ah is effectively rejecting what Allaah has said and accusing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) of betraying the trust.

Along with this innovation of theirs, they may also be lying by claiming that they received their tareeqah from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or that they are following the path and guidance of the Rightly-Guided Caliphs (al-khulafa’ al-raashideen).

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked:

Is there any such thing in Islam as the numerous tareeqahs like the Shaadhilyyah, Khalwatiyyah etc? If there is such a thing, what is the evidence for that? What is the meaning of the verses in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And verily, this is My straight path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-An’aam 6:153]

“And upon Allaah is the responsibility to explain the Straight Path. But there are ways that turn aside (such as Paganism, Judaism, Christianity). And had He willed, He would have guided you all (mankind)”

[al-Nahl 16:9]

What are the ways that separate people from the path of Allaah, and what is the way of Allaah? What is the meaning of the hadeeth narrated by Ibn Mas’ood, according to which the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) drew a line and said, “This is the path of guidance,” then he drew lines to its right and another to its left and said, “These are other paths and on each path there is a devil calling people to it”?

They answered:

There is no such thing in Islam as the tareeqahs that you mentioned, or anything else like them. What there is in Islam is what is indicated by the two verses and the hadeeth that you quoted, and what was indicated by the hadeeth in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews split into seventy-one sects, and the Christians split into seventy-two sects. My ummah will split into seventy-three sects, all of which will be in Hell except one.” It was asked, “Who are they, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Those who follow the same path as I and my companions are on today.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “A group among my ummah will continue to follow the truth and to be victorious, and they will not be harmed by those who forsake them or oppose them, until the command of Allaah comes to pass when they are like that.” The truth lies in following the Qur’aan and the saheeh, unambiguous Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This
is the path of Allaah, this is the Straight Path. This is the straight line mentioned in the hadeeth of Ibn Mas’ood, and this is what was followed by the companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) (may Allaah be pleased with them and with their followers among the early generations (salaf) of this ummah, and with those who follow their path). All other tareeqahs or groups are the paths mentioned in the verse (interpretation of the meaning):

“… and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His path…”

[al-An’aam 6:153]

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 2/283, 284

And Allaah knows best.

Status
Not open for further replies.