Helping Out Your Fellow Brother

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2:

Helping Out Your Fellow Brother

Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: The Messenger of Allah (sa) said:

“A Muslim is a brother of (another) Muslim, he neither wrongs him nor does hand him over to one who does him wrong. If anyone fulfils his brother's needs, Allah will fulfil his needs; if one relieves a Muslim of his troubles, Allah will relieve his troubles on the Day of Resurrection…" [Bukhari and Muslim].

Subhanallah! -- look at the reward for helping out your fellow Muslim, to simply help them and to assist them in their needs, you will get the help and assistance of Allah Almighty.

What else can we ask for?!

But not only will Allah fulfil us in our needs in this world, but by you also helping your Muslim brother or sister out in times of hardships and difficulties -- Allah will help us in the most difficult time in our life, being the Day Of Judgement, when we will all be in such a frantic, in need of help, and Allah promises us in this Hadith that He will relieve us our troubles on that day if we simply relieve the troubles of a Muslim in this world.

Allahu Akbar! So what are you waiting for? Get Busy!!

In another Hadith, Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (sa) said:

"He who removes from a believer one of his difficulties of this world, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and he who finds relief for a hard-pressed person, Allah will make things easy for him on the Day of Resurrection; he who covers up (the faults and sins) of a Muslim, Allah will cover up (his faults and sins) in this world and in the Hereafter. Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother…” [Muslim]

So strive hard to lend a hand to your Muslims in need, no matter how big or small their need may be -- help them for the sake of Allah and not for any worldly matter (otherwise your actions will be fruitless). Be there for them in times of calamity and be assured that Allah will remove from you your difficulties, and not only that ... Allah will cover up your faults and sins in this world and the Hereafter because you simply covered up the faults and sins of your brother.

So next time if a situation arises for you to help your fellow Muslim out, don’t hesitate whether to do it or not, don’t think or have the attitude ‘What will I get out of it?’ -- just rememeber the words of Your Prophet Muhammad (sa), when he said:

“Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother…”

So, never leave your brother standing after asking for your help, if he is in need of your help… help him fesabeelillah...

For it is YOUR DUTY to do so --

and it is a RIGHT he has over you.

www.ilmfruits.com

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-

hassana elkoussi

Gazak Allahh khair for this beneficial post. In fact, we need to remember how much we get distressed in times of hardship, how much we are in need of others at that time to stretch out their hands for us and to remember as well the great reward of Allah in return for helping others. Salam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

masha Allah, that was beautiful may Allah subhana wata'ala make us those who follow what they learn and benefit from it amiin,amiin,amiin.
jazak Allahu khayra ya akhi

wasalam

nizar83

ASELEMU ALEIKUM

jazaku allahu ghairan for this reminder..especially in these days where people try not to help anyone, for several reasons..

its good to know that even if a person doesnt see the good you have done for him, even if he or she doesnt say good things about you..or tries to help you back in a different situation...ALLAH TA3ALA DOES SEE ALL our deeds..and rewards us for all of them on the most important day..yaum a deen..mashallah

i really hope we as a muslim ummah will go all the way for eachother..thats what being muslim is all about..to want for your fellow muslim brother or sister exactly what youi want for yourself and your own family..

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Asalamu alaykum

masha Allah, that was beautiful may Allah subhana wata'ala make us those who follow what they learn and benefit from it amiin,amiin,amiin.
jazak Allahu khayra ya akhi

wasalam

ameen to your dua.

wassalam

strive-may-i

[h=1]From Thread: Muslims in the West Between Assimilation and Isolation[/h]
The Arab Stranger and his Money

Another story; there was a man called Abu Jahl who lived in Makkah, who was a disbeliever. He was the one who tormented Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) the most. One day an Arab stranger, who is a disbeliever as well, came to Makkah claiming that he loaned Abu Jahl a sum of money, however he never got his money back. This Arab stranger saw a group of men in Makkah, who were all disbelievers as well, and narrated his story to them. The group of men wanted to laugh and mock the stranger, so they told him: "do you see this man praying over there in front of the Ka'bah, his name is Mohammad, he will get your money back for you from Abu Jahl." So the stranger believed them and went to Prophet Mohammad (PBUH), while the group of men stood to watch and laugh. As the stranger narrated to the prophet his story, the prophet saw the group of men laughing behind the stranger's back, so he understood that the whole thing was a mockery.

Let's stop here for a moment and think, what will I do if I were in Prophet Mohammad's place. I will probably have done one of two things:

Say, it's none of my business, I don't care what happens to all of them, after all, the Arab stranger is a disbeliever, so is Abu Jahl, so are the group of men. I will just go back to my prayers. Or…

Ask the Arab stranger to become a Muslim first, then I would help him.

Isn't that the way that many Muslims nowadays think, unfortunately? They either help Muslims like them, or isolate themselves from any duty and say I don't care.

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) however did not do any of that. Helping others should be because they are human beings in distress, regardless of their religion, ethnicity or beliefs. The Prophet told the Arab stranger come with me to the house of Abu Jahl and I'll get you your money back. When Abu Jahl opened the door, the prophet asked him: "did you take money from this man?" Abu Jahl nodded, then the prophet demanded firmly that he returns the money. So Abu Jahl went inside got the money and returned it to the man. The man thanked prophet Mohammad then left. The group of men who were standing away and waiting to laugh were in complete shock. They went to Abu Jahl and asked him why he obeyed Mohammad so quickly. Abu Jahl told them that as Mohammad was speaking he saw a huge camel behind him with his mouth wide open and that he felt the camel was going to eat him if he did not return the money. The group of men was even more shocked and told him there was no camel, we did not see anything.

Let's stop here again to contemplate. Why didn't Prophet Mohammad talk to the stranger about Islam after he helped him? Why did God send the miracle of the camel to scare Abu Jahl, however God did not send any miracles to scare him nor the disbelievers while tormenting the Prophet and his followers?

The answer is; helping others should be for the sake of wanting to help another human being, not because you want something in return or you want to force this human being into your religion. As for the miracle, God wanted to send a message that who ever decides to help another human being, then God will assist him in one way or another, however God did not block the torture of the disbelievers from the Muslims, so that later Muslim generations would appreciate their religion and know that the prophet and his followers worked very hard to keep God's last message.

[h=1][/h]

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah

Hmm. This gives me an idea. Is there a section on this site where people can post jobs or requests for help (other than that relating to getting Knowledge) and we could respond to such requests? That would be a great way to find Brothers and Sisters in need of our assistance that we can help right away. :) :)

:jazaak: for the post.

:wasalam: