ADVICE PLEASE !

Serving Him

As salamu alaykum

I do want to know something immediately.

When we are living under our parents authority and our money that we save in pocket comes from their sallary. Then, some friend ask us for money, especially barrowing but we dont know if they will really pay or not (Only Allah knows). And if our our parents find this out they can get angry ''Why did you give such money to your friend ? Did we give it to you for that reason ?'' In this case, should we still help our friend and doesnt care about angriness of our parents becasue we try to help a Muslim ? Should we be brave and trust in Allah that maybe our parents will not find this out ?

Serving Him

Also i think that giving money secretly is something better so i thought it is better not to tell my parents. But problem is If they find out they can get angry because i did not tell them about this. So it is another issue. Should i let them know so in case they find out, they will not get angry. Or should i trust in Allah and keep it secret and hope that my parents will not learn this ?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,maybe it's not a good thing to say,but I express my thought.by the way your parents give you an amount of money time by time,I suppose that you can do want you want with them.if your friend will give them back to you is another matter.you shouldn't justify yourself,but you also shouldn't give all your money to your friend.you can say you don't have much,you give him half of your money and you take the other half for yourself,so if your parents ask you how did you spend them,you can "lie" being honest telling them that you needed them to buy something you liked.

strive-may-i

As salamu alaykum

I do want to know something immediately.

When we are living under our parents authority and our money that we save in pocket comes from their sallary. Then, some friend ask us for money, especially barrowing but we dont know if they will really pay or not (Only Allah knows). And if our our parents find this out they can get angry ''Why did you give such money to your friend ? Did we give it to you for that reason ?'' In this case, should we still help our friend and doesnt care about angriness of our parents becasue we try to help a Muslim ? Should we be brave and trust in Allah that maybe our parents will not find this out ?

Walaikum Salaam,

Story of students with pocket money to spare and a willingness to be of some use to a friend. Make sure your good will is not being misused!

When a friend asks for money, you have a duty to know the need for it. Is your friends need for money justified ? When money is used for other than accommodation , education or basic needs, you might want to think twice before lending money. For small amount of money, when borrowed rarely, you can be lenient, as long as its not used for haraam ends or smoking etc.

When parents ask how you utilized their hard earned money, there is a reason behind it. They have a right to know. When parents ask, call it out. Explain to your parents - your friends need, that friend has borrowed and that you will follow up with your friend. Do follow up, and learn some transaction skills. Helps, when you grow up and start earning on your own.

Charity , air or help, when not published to those who need not know about it, is Good. But in this case you have a duty to inform your parents when they ask about it. Usually most parents do not ask grown up responsible kids, where the pocket money was spent. You need not inform your siblings, or your other friends.

Hope this helps