Drawing living things,; permissible or not?!

muhammad sabri

Peace brothers and sisters i'd like to know the sahih hadith in which it says why that drawing living thing is haram and if you know of an existent fatwah(which is in accordance to the quran and sunnah) that may discuss that fact that it is actually possible..i mean why would it not be possible do just draw like an animal or a person etc.? thank you and may Allah forgive me if i made any mistake in the formulation of my question..''Our Lord increase our knowledge'' :)

Salam wa jazakum allah!

juveriah

Ayisha said: Once the Prophet came back from one of his travels, (came into the house) and I had covered a wall with a Qiram (a thin woolen garment) with pictures on it. The Prophet got angry and cut the Qiram and said: "The worst punishment on the Day of Resurrection will be for those who imitate the creation of Allah (by making pictures)." [Bukhari and Muslim]. The Prophet said: "A tongue-like fire will come out of Hell (on the Day of Resurrection) and say: I am the punishment for whoever worshipped other than Allah, and a stubborn tyrant, and the picture makers." [An authentic Hadith].

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

The Hadith of Ayisha (Radiya Allahu Anha) has been reported in Sahih al-Bukhari and Muslim with many different words some of them are as following:
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it" .
Another Hadith reads: "The most severe punishment will be to those who try to create something like the creation of Allah" .
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a picture" .
Another Hadith is with the words: "When a pious person amongst them (among the religious groups) dies they build a place of worship on his grave, and then decorate it with such pictures. They would be the worst of creatures on the Day of Judgment in the sight of Allah" .
The other Hadith you are asking about is reported from Imam Ahmad , al-Tirmizi with the sound chain with the following words: "On the Day of Resurrection there will emerge a neck from Hell having two eyes which see, two ears which hear and a tongue which speaks, and it will say. 'I am in-charge of three types of people: anyone who is arrogant and obstreperous, anyone who invokes another god along with Allah, and those who make representations of things" .
The above Hadith and the Hadith similar in meaning prove the prohibition of making pictures of living beings and that it is among the major sins.
Know that the word 'picture' mentioned in the Hadith includes three kind:
A) Forming three-dimensional figures of living creatures such as idols, statues, etc. is forbidden. All the Muslim scholars agree on this ruling.
B) Making pictures by hand, such as painting on paper, cloth, wall, etc. The majority of Muslim scholars are of the opinion that this kind of picture is also forbidden. There is no evidence that approves this kind of painting or image making is lawful and restricts the prohibition only to idols and statues as you mentioned in your question. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) spoke emphatically about the severe punishment of image making when he saw a curtain that contained pictures in the house of Ayisha (Radiya Allahu Anha); there were neither idols nor statues in the house.
C) Photography by camera or video. The contemporary scholars have different opinions in this matter. However, it is safer for a Muslim not to engage in photography or to have pictures of living creatures, unless to make identity cards or the like.
As for hanging such forbidden pictures on a wall, no doubt it is forbidden and the angels will not enter there as mentioned in the above Hadith.
Allah knows best

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
It says in the Sunnah that this is forbidden. It is not permitted to draw anything that depicts animate beings, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, according to the saheeh hadeeth: “Every image maker will be in the Fire.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most severely punished of people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers, those who tried to imitate the creation of Allaah.” And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The makers of these images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and they will be told, ‘Give life to that which you have created.’”

It was narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Those who make images will be punished on the Day of Resurrection, and it will be said to them: ‘Bring to life that which you have created.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5607) and Muslim (2108).

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The people who will be most severely punished on the Day of Resurrection will be those who imitate the creation of Allaah.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5610) and Muslim (2107)

Muslim (2110) narrated that Sa’eed ibn Abi’l-Hasan said: A man came to Ibn ‘Abbaas and said: I am a man who makes these images; advise me about that. He said to him: Come close to me. So he came closer to him. He said: Come closer to me. So he came closer to him, until he put his hand on his head and said: I will tell you what I heard from the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Every image maker will be in Hell, and for every image that he made, a soul will be created which will punish him in Hell.” He said: If you must do that, then make (images of) trees and inanimate things.