Wedding cakes and boycotts

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

This is a light thread. There should be no arguing.

A baker in the state of Oregon, USA has refused to bake a cake for a lesbian couple. He believes in his faith homosexuality is wrong. The lesbian has gone to the state to file a discrimination case. There is all kinds of media frenzy about this. People are writing how they will boycott this bakery.

What I find amusing is the word Muslim has been brought up in the criticism. There seems to be a group of misguided people who feel if he does not sell wedding cakes to lesbians he will not sell to Muslims.

Now, I don't know about you people..but I do not ever want to be associated with lesbians or gays or anything in between the nasty. I do not see how anyone dares to put a Muslim in the same sentence as a yucky homosexual. Yes, I stand behind what I say.

Here is a link to one of the articles...I think I will place an order next week for some cookies...http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=14299&MediaType=1&Category=26

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

maybe people are trying to get the support of other "minorities" who are "discriminated" against?
could be that they dont realise how against all these perverted behaviours Islam actually is.

and that all muslims would support & agree with the baker on this one.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:wasalam:

Dear sister,

the baker can choose to sell to whoever he wish/
and that group of misguided people too
likewise if thought they are right but wrong what is there to argue ???

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.
~Albert Einstein quotes .

Islam is religion of peace n everybody knows that! full stop.

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)