Khushi in salah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Khushu in salah

aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuh,

I think without doubt we know that khushu is extremely important in salah and something you have to work on, just to define it quickly, Khushu means calmness, comfort and concentration of the whole body and the mind towards Allah

Quran 23: 1-2
Certainly will the believers have succeeded: They who are during their prayer humbly submissive

So lets discuss what method or how does everyone develop khushu in their salah? what works for them inshAllah

JazakAllah khair

hopefully this benefits everyone in their salah

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah

I think that looking in our hearts and filling them with love of Allah subhanahu wa taaala , hope for Janna , fear of Hell helps a lot. Reading about the way our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam used to pray and the companions ,remembering death.....can make a difference.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:bismillah1:
:salam2:

Sister a_stranger answered it. Love Allah(SWT).

Every seen a lover? Sure you would have. Noticed his behavior? Always focused about his girl. Whatever he decides, thinks, first he would think about his partner and then he would go ahead with decision. Even if you talk to him about football, some how he links it to the like of his partner. Well, it's crazy. But that's love. Same thing, if you have for Allah(SWT). If you make Allah(SWT) your lover, imagine how you would end up feeling? *Elated* YAY!! You would be focused about HIM. You would want to know more about HIM, you would want to listen to HIS words(i.e by reading the Quran), you would want to obey HIM, you would want to nag HIM with dua's(Oh yes. Allah(SWT) loves nagging, when you constantly ask HIM dua's) and so on.

How do you achieve love for HIM? - Read the Quran. Let HIM talk to you the wise words. All you need to do is, think, reflect, ponder and implement. Read the Seerah of Prophet(SAW) and Sahabas. Indeed Allah(SWT) loved them. :)

Last thing from my side. Khushu can't be just limited to Salah. It is a state of mind which need to exist both in and out of Salah.

Allah(SWT) knows the best.
If am wrong anywhere correct me please.
Peace. :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barakatuh,

MashAllah nice answer beautiful answers :) inshAllah keep going

let me share one that was shared to me by someone in the past

Whenever they would start praying they would imagine that jannah is infront of them and angel of death is behind them so they would remember that death is catching up to them and their goal is jannah which they are trying to achieve. SubhanAllah i really liked this one

Another one that was shared/ i read somewhere, know that you are standing right infront of Allah (swt) SubhanAllah

:bismillah1:
:salam2:

Last thing from my side. Khushu can't be just limited to Salah. It is a state of mind which need to exist both in and out of Salah.

Walaikum salam wr wb my dear brother beautiful words of truth, may Allah (swt) preserve u - ameen

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
bhai beautiful thread.
I am reminded of a hadith,whose mafhoom was that it gets inside bone marrow and softens whole of us,it must be really amazing when our hearts attain khushu' in salah.
I remember listening to NAK talking about al khashi'in in explanation of a verse of surah al baqarah,where he talks about who can achieve help in sabr and salah,they are al khashi'een.Those who are thoroughly convinced of meeting Allah and that their return is to Him,just like it's their daily routine..subhanAllah!!!This implies being concsiousness of Allah,His Might and Height,how exalted He is.This can only be attained through reflections,as I was listening to a dars e Qur'an in which we were being taught about last ruku of Surah Ale Imran,
Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding.
Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.
Our Lord, indeed whoever You admit to the Fire - You have disgraced him, and for the wrongdoers there are no helpers.
Our Lord, indeed we have heard a caller calling to faith, [saying], 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord, so forgive us our sins and remove from us our misdeeds and cause us to die with the righteous.
Our Lord, and grant us what You promised us through Your messengers and do not disgrace us on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed, You do not fail in [Your] promise."
And their Lord responded to them, "Never will I allow to be lost the work of [any] worker among you, whether male or female; you are of one another. So those who emigrated or were evicted from their homes or were harmed in My cause or fought or were killed - I will surely remove from them their misdeeds, and I will surely admit them to gardens beneath which rivers flow as reward from Allah , and Allah has with Him the best reward."
Be not deceived by the [uninhibited] movement of the disbelievers throughout the land.
[It is but] a small enjoyment; then their [final] refuge is Hell, and wretched is the resting place.
But those who feared their Lord will have gardens beneath which rivers flow, abiding eternally therein, as accommodation from Allah . And that which is with Allah is best for the righteous.
And indeed, among the People of the Scripture are those who believe in Allah and what was revealed to you and what was revealed to them, [being] humbly submissive to Allah . They do not exchange the verses of Allah for a small price. Those will have their reward with their Lord. Indeed, Allah is swift in account.
O you who have believed, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful. [3:190-200]

Akhee I quoted full ruku because it can be seen upon reflection of these ayah,that how first an Abdullah and Amatullah reflect and relate the things to Allah and then their haal or state is such that they cant get Allah out of their minds and He in their rememberance 24x7 sitting,standing,laying on sides and then invoke Him alone with beautiful invocations in which they are immensely absorbed in Allah's worship and love,havinghope in His Mercy and fearing His ghadab.
At this point,I remember the shiekh who gave dars quoted a hadith whose mafhoom I recall was ,that once during night prophet :saw: asked Aisha radiallahu anha's permission to pray at night and she gave it to him :saw: and then he prayed making long ruku and sujood,such that his beard and face were wet with tears and the ground were he made sujood was wet with tears hatta Bilal radiallahu anhu made the adhan for fajr and Aisha radiallahu anha asked prophet :saw: why he was crying even though his all sins were forgiven?He prophet :saw: replied that these ayahs of Surah Ale Imran were revealed on Him.(I dont know the authenticity of the hadith ,if anyone could verify and may Allah forgive if its wrong,ameen?)
Such is the gradual way one can move towards being concsious of Allah,may Allah make us of the khashi'een.ameen
Notice whenever Allah talks of believers attaining khushu its always the heart,but for disbeliever its never heart but at times face,eyes etc.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
bhai beautiful thread.
I am reminded of a hadith,whose mafhoom was that it gets inside bone marrow and softens whole of us,it must be really amazing when our hearts attain khushu' in salah.
I remember listening to NAK talking about al khashi'in in explanation of a verse of surah al baqarah,where he talks about who can achieve help in sabr and salah,they are al khashi'een.Those who are thoroughly convinced of meeting Allah and that their return is to Him,just like it's their daily routine..subhanAllah!!!This implies being concsiousness of Allah,His Might and Height,how exalted He is.This can only be attained through reflections,as I was listening to a dars e Qur'an in which we were being taught about last ruku of Surah Ale Imran,

Akhee I quoted full ruku because it can be seen upon reflection of these ayah,that how first an Abdullah and Amatullah reflect and relate the things to Allah and then their haal or state is such that they cant get Allah out of their minds and He in their rememberance 24x7 sitting,standing,laying on sides and then invoke Him alone with beautiful invocations in which they are immensely absorbed in Allah's worship and love,havinghope in His Mercy and fearing His ghadab.
At this point,I remember the shiekh who gave dars quoted a hadith whose mafhoom I recall was ,that once during night prophet :saw: asked Aisha radiallahu anha's permission to pray at night and she gave it to him :saw: and then he prayed making long ruku and sujood,such that his beard and face were wet with tears and the ground were he made sujood was wet with tears hatta Bilal radiallahu anhu made the adhan for fajr and Aisha radiallahu anha asked prophet :saw: why he was crying even though his all sins were forgiven?He prophet :saw: replied that these ayahs of Surah Ale Imran were revealed on Him.(I dont know the authenticity of the hadith ,if anyone could verify and may Allah forgive if its wrong,ameen?)
Such is the gradual way one can move towards being concsious of Allah,may Allah make us of the khashi'een.ameen
Notice whenever Allah talks of believers attaining khushu its always the heart,but for disbeliever its never heart but at times face,eyes etc.

aslam o alaikum wr wb

JazakALlah khair bhai Brother Nouman Ali khan has a beautiful small reminder on begining of surah muminoon, and its so beautiful cuz the 1st thing is khushu in salah SubhanAllah

[video=youtube;vmnvUa-Fkr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmnvUa-Fkr0[/video]

bhai just worried that khushu is the 1st thing to that will disappear from the ummah and you rarely find anyone with khushu these days SubhanAllah

msmoorad

mommys boy
salaams to all

the simplest way to develop khushi/devotion in salaah is to always be conscious that: i am now standing before my creator.
i am in direct communication with him & he is paying attention to me

i have heard the ulama/scholars give the example of a person who is summoned to meet the king.
that person would not fidget and focus on anyone/thing else
he would focus his full attention towards the king.

and Allah ta'ala who is the king of all kings is summoning us for a meeting with him 5 times daily

may Allah ta'ala grant us the taufeeq to perform our salaah with the level of concentration & devotion that is required of us.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
aslam o alaikum wr wb

JazakALlah khair bhai Brother Nouman Ali khan has a beautiful small reminder on begining of surah muminoon, and its so beautiful cuz the 1st thing is khushu in salah SubhanAllah

[video=youtube;vmnvUa-Fkr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmnvUa-Fkr0[/video]

bhai just worried that khushu is the 1st thing to that will disappear from the ummah and you rarely find anyone with khushu these days SubhanAllah

Wa jazakallahu khyr bhai,I didn't get to hear the lecture yet,will listen to it in sha' Allah.

Indeed akhee it's so difficult to find khushu in salah it's quite scary when we think of it as it will be first things that will disappear.
May Allah grant us of khashieen.Ameen