Gay "Mosque" to open in Paris

Abu-Talha

Brother in Deen
You have to be wise and call them to Islam, to raise their iman. Every person and situation is different. Someone who is evil and openly calls to evil, is a "threat" to those around them, whilst you also have people who know what they do is wrong and want to change, but need encouragement or help. Sometimes, people do not ask for help, they might even turn you away and say they do not need your help, when in fact, they want it, but their pride or emotions stop them from doing so. The worst thing to do is to abandon people or treat them in a bad way, when they cause no harm to you or your iman, it achieves nothing.

wasalam

we agree in general, but this olso canot be don in all cases, both way's are done, and the limit is where Allah and Prophet alayhi salam made limit to it..

with what we measure danger, just from fear ?, our personal knowledge ?,from our nafs (desire)?, or first it comes from Quran and sunnah as sahaba understud and practis and thos that followed them?...answer is that the measure what is good and bad in dawah and what is danger in dawah we take it from the main sources as we mention..

scholars said when the dawah is in question, if we fear that we can fall in sin when we do dawah in one place, we leave the dawah and that place too, and we look for ourself to be saved...olso we have alot of fatwa that says for example, if father is filthy, and the daughter is feared that he will do harm to her, then its haram for her to stay with him and she can leave the house...

just the expresion of the filth wich they have its danger in it self, in islam harm is not just to attack in physical way, danger comes even from words and what person represents....

...why is so much sin and danger to lie upon a honest women?...one of the reason is that when one person lie about honor of one women, it open a way of bad thoughts for the people and thos that are weak in nafs-it opens them a way to haram, becasue now they know a place where to do haram (according to what the lie with they heard)...one of the reasons to hide sin is that-just by mention them, it can open a way to some who are weak to go into them, nafs is in danger always from temption of life...we are advice to put down the look so that we dont lead ourself to haram things..

to know more details on what we should do, each case has his own way's to do, so the person have to ask a person with knowledge the conditions and details, and the shaykh will inform the person how to deal with the case, we canot just generalise things and say " well he is not doing harm ", becasue as we mention just their expresion of the filth its danger itself and we can never be sure that that filth will not go into higher level...in west this things didnt apear for one day, first where different sins and this sins lead them to more differen sins, and now they are filled with sins..

sister Tabassum07 posted very very good explanation of this, it is in general ofcourse, but its a good explanation how to measure things, may Allah reward her with good, very good understanding of limits in dawah and hikmah-wisdom...as for more details, a person can ask a shaykh, as i said up

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Legalizing incest is the only thing left, which some are even partitioning for, and as for sodomy and bestiality.....

The Senate on Thursday evening voted 93-7 to approve a defense authorization bill that includes a provision which not only repeals the military law on sodomy, it also repeals the military ban on sex with animals–or bestiality.

Former Army Col. Bob Maginnis said, “Soldiers, unfortunately, like it or not, have engaged in this type of behavior in the past. Will they in the future, if they remove this statute? I don’t know.”

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/senate-approves-bill-legalizes-sodomy-and-bestiality-us-military

Astafirullah... is that true? I think we are very near to the doomsday.

esperanza

revert of many years
salam
before this man built this mosque in france... he came and did hajj in saudi arabia... he knows what is right and wrong but choose to be different

esperanza

revert of many years
Zahed's Parisian mosque will be inspired by the work of Muslims for Progressive Values in North America, who practice common prayer, in an egalitarian setting and without any form of gender-based discrimination.

this muslims for progressive values group in north america... is a large expanding group
they have mosques where men and women pray side by side and withoutheadscarf
there are many arab muslim women promoting this group

Iman88

Assalamu aleikom,

It's very unfortunate that this happened, but I won't deny that I didn't see it coming. I think it's unfortunate that they felt the need to build their own mosque. As Muslims, we are supposed to help one another with encouragement and kind words. I'm going to be blunt and honest. I think the Muslim community has no tolerance whatsoever with the Muslims who struggle with homosexuality. It's a sin just like heterosexual zena is a sin just like riba is a sin. It seems to me that Muslims have more tolerance with people who are inflicted with those kinds of struggles than with the ones who struggle with homosexuality. You can call homosexuality a disease or a hallucination, or anything else you like, but the fact is a lot of them, thanks to the media, are convincing themselves that its genetic (even though there is no scientific proof). At the end of the day, its our duty as Muslims to make sure our brothers and sisters don't stay around that kind of atmosphere long enough to actually be convinced that it's genetic.

I believe that when these kinds of things happen (building a gay "mosque"), we should really consider opening our eyes and try to learn something. Unfortunately now there will be homosexual Muslims going to that mosque for social and spiritual aide. I will admit that I myself never put my hand out to help. As one community, I think we need more patience. It is frightening that we unknowingly encouraged someone to step away from Islam, but we need to do our best. As Muslims, we hate the sin and not the sinner. I think if we all remind ourselves of that (including myself), maybe it'll help us gain more patience with people.

... I hope I made sense. I'm not too good at conveying my thoughts.
Thanks for reading!

muslimatoune

Essalamu 'alaykum

With the word tolerance you made muslim accepting what Allah Taala has forbid. With the word tolerance you push out the limits that Allah Taala has made. If you have no clue Iman88 about what the religion is saying about gays and this mosque you can"t talk. Islam is the religion of Allah Taala and not an opinon.

You disguise love of badly things behind the word tolerance. Belivers follow the way of Allah Taala and his messengers.

I not agreed with you comment Iman88. Who loves people loves when they are guided and not help them to mislead.

This gay mosque should be destroyed.

Umm Abdullah

This whole thread is weird. They want to build a masjid to worship Allah, when they don't even worship Him when it comes to their personal life. It's like being a thief and at the same time wanting to build a prison ! May Allah have mercy on us - amin

sosusume

Aslamu 3alaikum sister, I too find this disturbing and an unbelievable stray from the straight path, but to say that homosexuals are not Muslims is a bit of a stretch. We are not in any position to declare one a Muslim or not when he declares himself to be. I personally know a man who struggles everyday with this. He is so deeply troubled about his lack of attraction to women and his undeniable pull towards men. He cries, asks Allah (SWT) to help him understand what is happening with him, asks Allah (SWT) to make his life less challenging. This same man is a Muslim, and it saddens me how disheartened he is becoming. Since we know that Allah (SWT) puts us through trials, through our wealth and health, I often tell this man that perhaps this is his trial in life. It is up to this man to make the right choices, the choices approved by Allah (SWT) as He has prescribed for us, and I can only imagine this man's heartache when he's forced to go against himself. This man has to fight himself daily; just close your eyes for a moment and imagine this. He cannot fulfill his desires in a Halal manner, he cannot imagine himself married to a woman, thus his desires will never be fulfilled. This man lives his life alone because he does not wish to go against our Lord. I pray to Allah (SWT) to give him the strength, and the peace in his heart. But I also fear that he can only do this so long...man cannot live alone. Especially a young man.

Wa Salam

Greg

I am not 100% sure where to stand on homosexuality. I do not mean homosexual acts, I mean homosexuality. The Quran states (As people have mentioned before) that the people of Lot were destroyed for their behaviour and actions. Which surely means that those people acted on their desires and committed sin.

What I mean is some people are seemingly born with a desire to sin (commit a homosexual act). But what if they never act upon those desires? What if their test from Allah is to overcome their desires, never act upon them and to stay true to Islam? Surely someone who is born with a sinful desire but never act on them is a good muslim? Just as if someone who is born with a desire to commit riba but never acts on it is still a good muslim?

Allah gives all of us tests. Only if we fail and give into sinful desires then have we failed him?

Is someone who has desire to commit a homosexual act, but never acts upon it and lives a good life with a wife and children better than someone who commits riba etc?

We know that some people are born with a desire to murder people, if they never act upon those desires then have they passed the test Allah has given them?

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Greg, you're pretty much spot on with your words. However, I have to disagree with you about people being born with certain tendencies, be they murderous, homosexual, etc.

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is Al-'Adl. The Just. He created justice and there is no one more just than Him. He would never create a human being with the disease of immorality and then condemn them for it. Man chooses his tendencies and his destiny. These choices are influenced by experiences and occurrences. But for The Just One to be completely unjust with His Creation, that is simply false.

Going back to your original point, the Prophet Muhammad :saw: stated that Allah will only hold humanity accountable for their ACTIONS, not their thoughts. For one to struggle with an inner desire or thought without acting on it anyway, this is jihad an-nafs. The struggle of the soul and the highest level of jihad out there. We all engage in this struggle to some extent and that includes our brothers and sisters with desires towards the same sex. As long as they continue to turn to Allah and fight their immoral inclinations without giving in to them in any way, they're not sinning.

We ask Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to protect us all from our evil inclinations and to aid us in our struggles against Shaytan.

Greg

I just went to read my Quran on this and found the Lot quote here:

We sent Lot and he said to his people, 'How can you practise this outrage? No other people has done so before. You lust after men rather than women! You transgress all bounds!" 7.80 and 7.81

First off it says 'lust after men rather than women' does this imply that man's natural state is to lust? But this is off topic.

Secondly it implies that men lusting after men is transgressing all bounds, so does not even acting upon a sin, just having the urge to sin mean that you are just as bad?

I have the Abdel Haleem English translation Quran so could this be the fault of the English language/translation?

unbreak

black sea ======= http://islam.about.com/od/history/p/deadsea.htm =======

======= http://islam.about.com/od/islamsays/a/homosexuality.htm =======

PROPHET LOT (LUT) (peace be upon him) ======= http://www.islam101.com/history/people/prophets/lut.htm =======

======= http://www.quranexplorer.com/ SURA CHAPTER 7 (Al-Araf) ======= (thanks to uniqueskates user for providing useful information about surah AL Araf

image111.jpg

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
I just went to read my Quran on this and found the Lot quote here:

We sent Lot and he said to his people, 'How can you practise this outrage? No other people has done so before. You lust after men rather than women! You transgress all bounds!" 7.80 and 7.81

First off it says 'lust after men rather than women' does this imply that man's natural state is to lust? But this is off topic.

Secondly it implies that men lusting after men is transgressing all bounds, so does not even acting upon a sin, just having the urge to sin mean that you are just as bad?

I have the Abdel Haleem English translation Quran so could this be the fault of the English language/translation?

AssalaamuAlaikum bro.

http://www.quran4u.com/Tafsir Ibn Kathir/007 A'raf.htm

May be this could be of a little help. InshaAllah.

Peace.

StudentOfLight

:salam:
:lol:

Sadly this whole situation is bizarre, really, what has the world come to...

I don't mean to go off topic, but I once heard a speech by Muhammed Abdul Jabbar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUP5Q6iNKT4

In it he says that the Prophet :saw2: said the day of reckoning will not take place until there will be a homosexual Imaam and there will be homosexuals praying behind him...

Has anyone heard of it and does anyone know the exact wording?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alailkum,

Several things:

The Progressive Muslims; I checked the advisory board and board of directors. Very political. They want to ensure that "We believe that freedom of conscience is not only essential to all human societies but integral to the Qurïanic view of humanity. We believe that secular government is the only way to achieve the Islamic ideal of freedom from compulsion in matters of faith." I took this from the website. Problem with that is one there is no compulsion in religion so when submits to Islam one knows and abides by the fact that there is no separation of church and state.

The issue is this. When we submit to Islam we follow the Criterion that Allah subhana wa taala has given us. It is what we decide to follow. We can not change that or we would not be Muslims. If we change one iota we are not following what Allah subhana wa taala has told us He wants us to do. There is no compulsion in faith. We made the decision to follow His rules.

Each one of us has to make personal and heart-wrenching decisions. That is part of the trials of life. You turn to Allah subhana wa taala and you turn your back on whatever else there is. It is a personal choice. There is no compulsion in religion.

Allah subhana wa taala has told us He, the Creator of Life and Death, has told us He hates homosexuality. It is a definitive. There are no excuse me, however, but, although, the medical field can't make up its mind, the evolutionist say this and that...No. Allah subhana wa taala has said it is a no. As we are simple minded He has given us the example of what happens in the instance of homosexuality going haywire. Brimstones.

By insisting on debate about homosexuality and its place in Islam it is deviation from the Criterion. It is up to the individual to arrive at a decision in his life as to how much does he want to abide by what Allah subhana wa taala has commanded.

We can not play games with our souls. Our souls belong to Allah subhana wa taala. And this nonsense about intention and action. Why not take the time to do a good deed. Our intentions and actions lead to the Hereafter. Homosexuality is a primary cause of the breakdown of the family. I can go and on and on. It is a sin. I don't care what else you say. How dare we question what Allah subhana taala has told us is wrong. Are we crazy????

If a GLBT wants to embrace Islam we have to be honest. Anyone can embrace Islam at anytime. But you can not continue to identify yourself as a GLBT as well as a Muslim. You walk away from it. There is no compulsion in religion. The dangerous area is also the example of one of the wives of Lut who was turned into a pillar of salt. Walk away to the Straight path. ( no pun intended)

Greg

Walaikum Asalaam,

I don't think I would describe it as nonsense. Surely it is best for study the Quran and find the meanings behind the words for yourself, instead of accepting someone else's interpretation blindly? The state of the Ummah today can fairly be blamed on blind acceptance of tradition without individual study. If this was not true how can the rise of 'islamic banking' riba and other sinful things become accepted into Muslim life.

We owe it to ourselves and almighty Allah to study what He has gifted to us and to honour it by spending time and energy increasing our knowledge.