Very weird situation, does anyone have any idea ?

Hopetogoparadis

Assalam alakum

When we try to do more good things and stay away from more haram, Is it normal that we may feel our faith in heart is decreasing instead of incrasing ? Or maybe it is just waswasa of sheitan to take us back ? Because shaitan doesnt like the way we live now so he will bother us more than before ? And as a result we feel more down with our faith as if its decreasing and even worse ideas come to our mind than before about faith ?

Do you know if this is really possible (based on a hadith maybe) to be like this or maybe there is something really wrong with our faith/our life ? (Allahu aleem)

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalam alakum

Because shaitan doesnt like the way we live now so he will bother us more than before ?

Walaikumassalaam akhi.

You gave the answer yourself. :)

If a person does a good deed and stays away from sins, the person would know that he is doing the right thing and still if he feels that his imaan is decreasing. What else can you state the reason other than Shaitan? I am sorry I have no hadith which inclines with my opinion, but whenever you do a good deed, say helping others -> you ought to have a good feeling and a gleaming smile on your face. You should be feeling good because you did something which Allah SWT has commanded yoy to do and you obeyed the word of Al-Khaliq. :)

I vaguely remember a hadith - Where a person ask Prophet SAW, what is iman? He (SAW) replies when you do something good it makes you feel happy and when you do a sin you feel bad. Not sure. Please check on this.

Allahu Alam.
Peace.

a_stranger

Alaikim alsalam

I think when anyone start to obey Allah subhanahu wa taaala and start doing more good , avoid evil the shayitan will increase his wiswas to make that person stop and return to disobedience ......the best way is to ignor the wiswas learn more and work harder.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Let me put it this way:

We are creatures that love this life. I love life. We hold onto the pleasures of this world. As we try to find a balance between this world and pleasing Allah subhana wa taala we do have to battle our souls. We are caught as I say in the wilderness.

This battlefield as you describe does minimize our accomplishments. Shytan is busy with those who wish to please Allah subhana wa taala. He does not need to spend effort on those that play with him. We question ourselves. We begin to see a radical difference in our behaviors.

The second sura of the Quran, in the first sections is very instructive to us. It helps us identify the states of hypocrisy. As we pull away from the calling of the shytans we do question where we are; what are we doing, so to speak. We seek protection that we are not those who do not benefit from the Light of Allah subhana wa taala.

So, what you are experiencing is normal. Do as the others suggest. Keep supplicating to Allah subhana wa taala and He will show you His Path. Part of the experience is learning to forgive yourself so you can forgive others.