Sunni marrying Shia (mature responses only, plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brothers,

I am not Shia. I have not slandered anyone.

You need to respond with knowledge and not emotion. I have not taken any confrontational stance. I simply asked a question as to why there is a lack of discussions regarding Ali (ra) and you guys go off the deep end.

You call me a fool and state and tell me you try to respect me. Way to go brothers.

Has it not occurred to you that instead of being defensive you could be proactive. You demand an apology for me asking a question?

Is this really the way of the Prophet, swas?

You can second or third or whatever you want. The fact still remains that there is little light that is shed upon Ali (ra). Instead of getting upset if you have knowledge share it. Why attack a sister who simply asked a question?

I have done my share of research. That is why I posed the question. Why would I describe the words of Ali (ra) as pearls of wisdom if I had not digested the words.

And brothers..who are you to demand anything from me in terms of my faith. I am your sister in faith. Please do not call me a liar as I am not one.

I pray that Allah subhana wa talla sheds peace upon you.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

Brothers,

I am not Shia. I have not slandered anyone.

You need to respond with knowledge and not emotion. I have not taken any confrontational stance. I simply asked a question as to why there is a lack of discussions regarding Ali (ra) and you guys go off the deep end.

You call me a fool and state and tell me you try to respect me. Way to go brothers.

Has it not occurred to you that instead of being defensive you could be proactive. You demand an apology for me asking a question?

Is this really the way of the Prophet, swas?

You can second or third or whatever you want. The fact still remains that there is little light that is shed upon Ali (ra). Instead of getting upset if you have knowledge share it. Why attack a sister who simply asked a question?

I have done my share of research. That is why I posed the question. Why would I describe the words of Ali (ra) as pearls of wisdom if I had not digested the words.

And brothers..who are you to demand anything from me in terms of my faith. I am your sister in faith. Please do not call me a liar as I am not one.

I pray that Allah subhana wa talla sheds peace upon you.

Does this look like a question to you?

Assalaam alaikum,

Ali is the Companion of the Prophet, The cousin of the Prophet, the son in law of the Prophet, and one of the Four Defenders of the Faith. Yet, I see that Sunni Muslims neglect his worth. I wonder why?

Forgive me if this should be the subject of another thread.

Nay, you have made an assumption accepted it as fact and then asked a question about the reasons for your presumption!

And then you quote TTI as a source for your assumption in later posts and in order to shirk away from your ludicrous assumption you lecture people not to get angry and answer with knowledge and facts when your slander is based on your ability to search and catalog all TTI posts!

Gupta

I believe that sister Aapa is the only one here who makes sense. Instead of posting misinterpreted/possibly fabricated doctrines to slander a certain group, she is merely asking questions.

"Prophet Mohammad was a pedophile" <---remember that? It's all over google. Nonmuslims believe it because Jews post it all over. Heck, growing up, I too believed it for a while! What makes you think a group of Wahhabis aren't posting similar nonsense about Shia?

I browsed around Shia websites and all of the allegations posted in the thread that sister um muhammad al-mahdi posted were debunked. It's rather sad that we're in the 21st century and we're still close-minded.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
What makes you think a group of Wahhabis aren't posting similar nonsense about Shia?

Can you please define the term "Wahhabi" and what you believe it to be?

I also recommend not asking a question and starting a thread on it if you're not prepared to hear the answer.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Let us be careful when we use the term Wahahbi. That is a political term. A very political term.

Sister Shahnaz, Sister Gupta got the answer. Islam Q&A. Sunni's can marry Shia. It is not forbidden.

a_stranger

“They (Ahlus Sunnah) love the people of the household of the Messenger of Allah; they regard them with love and loyalty, and they heed the command of the Messenger of Allah concerning them…but they reject the way of the (Shia) Rafidhis who hate the Sahabah and slander them, and they reject the way of the Nasibis who insult Ahlel Bayt in words and deed.”

(Ibn Taymiyyah, Majmoo al-Fatawa, 3/154)

a_stranger

If we read the history we see that Islam taught clear strict sincere monotheism : Allah is one with no partner, then many sects deviated from that bright pure monotheism .........then they added to Islam lies and bidaa. We should read history and life of our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa saalam to Know the truth.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalaam alaikum,

Let us be careful when we use the term Wahahbi. That is a political term. A very political term.

Sister Shahnaz, Sister Gupta got the answer. Islam Q&A. Sunni's can marry Shia. It is not forbidden.

walaikum salam

could you post that fatwa?

i only found these two on the thread

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/4569

and the other one posted by sister shahnaz cleary stating

If the situation is as you describe – that they call upon ‘Ali, al-Hasan and al-Husayn, and so on – then they are mushrikeen who are guilty of major shirk, which puts them beyond the pale of Islam. It is not permissible for Muslim women to marry them, and it is not permissible for us to marry their women, or to eat meat slaughtered by them.

tic_tac_toe

I believe that sister Aapa is the only one here who makes sense. Instead of posting misinterpreted/possibly fabricated doctrines to slander a certain group, she is merely asking questions.

"Prophet Mohammad was a pedophile" <---remember that? It's all over google. Nonmuslims believe it because Jews post it all over. Heck, growing up, I too believed it for a while! What makes you think a group of Wahhabis aren't posting similar nonsense about Shia?

I browsed around Shia websites and all of the allegations posted in the thread that sister um muhammad al-mahdi posted were debunked. It's rather sad that we're in the 21st century and we're still close-minded.

:salam2:

Actually what I do notice is that you have a problem with us discussing Shia'ism and posting of opinions of Scholars and it is deemed to be hateful by both you and Aapa but both of you have no problems in slandering Sunnees by accusing that they disrespect Sayyidina Ali (RA) and you continuing to use the term Wahabi in a pejorative, insulting manner!

You also seem to have a propensity of not being able to research properly so here is a list of youtube videos from the so called "Anti-Wahabi" sources having the same opinion of Shias in 3 separate languages:

Second time I am posting this to show you that you image of big bad Wahabi hatred against Shias is nothing but a figment of your imagination.

Habib Al-JIfri (Arabic) condemning Shia on public TV [Arabic]

Shaykh Nuh Ha Mim Keller condemning Shia as people of Bid'ah

Sheikh Nazim speaking against shia and christians ideas

Qari Tayyib refuting Shia on Sayyidina Ali (RA) [Urdu]

And I can post Fatwa after Fatwa from "Non-Wahabi" sources on the topic and I apologize for using the same hateful term as you as it is merely to make a point and not intended to disrespect anyone.

:jazaak:
:wasalam:

Assalaam alaikum,

Really? Another figment of your imagination or inability to search properly?

Is your source again TTI search facility for this one too? or have you upgraded your source to Google now?

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

Where exactly did you find that answer, Aapa? The fatwa that I posted says no such thing. In fact, it states the exact opposite.

Can you quote where it states the permissability of such a marriage?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

I read the Islam Q&A.

Besides, fatawa is not a law. If you make the marriage between Shia and Sunni forbidden that makes marriages of interfaith forbidden. Think it out, carefully.

Why would you make something forbidden? This is a technicality. A person will have to stand by themselves on the Day of Judgement. The scholar will not be there.

A fatawa is an opinion in the best interest of the person; it is not mandatory. Scholars have written if they are wrong to not hold them to their opinion.

As for the other responses...really....Oh Muslim man please!!!!

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

dear sister Aapa, what you states is really 'serious' subhanallah! So if you have doubts about a matter of the deen, don't you ask a person of knowledge? Or you follow your desires and your logic?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
As-salaamu'alaykum,

Aapa, with due respect, you are wrong on this one. If there is a major difference in an aspect of creed between two people, how can that be a lawful marriage. Similarly, those that believe Jesus (aalayhis-salaam) is son of God, or they worship Jesus, marriage with such a person would not be lawful, would it? I wonder if such people actually fall under the actual People of the Book, I doubt it because the actual People of the Book are probably difficult to find, (i.e., that are chaste, and believe that Jesus was a Prophet, not to be taken as God, or labelled as the son of God, maybe Amish people are close to this but I don't know). Similarly, with the Shi'ah beliefs, maybe not all of them believe what has been mentioned (the twelve Imams, calling upon the family of the Prophet :saw:, and asking for one's need, slandering the Companions), but I haven't come across the exception.

Fact is, today, if you want to marry someone, regardless of their belief, there is an "Imam" out there who will bless it.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I read the Islam Q&A.

Okay, Islam-QA is a large website. You'll have to specify.

Besides, fatawa is not a law.

A fatwa is a religious edict and the dictionary definition of an "edict" is "any authoritative proclamation or command".

This is the first time on this forum I'm hearing about doubt regarding the concept of a fatwa. As Muslims, we ask for evidence regarding the answers we receive about our faith. Fatawa are part of that evidence.

I thought everyone understood that.

If you make the marriage between Shia and Sunni forbidden that makes marriages of interfaith forbidden. Think it out, carefully.

Even if I were to, I would not understand your logic. Can you explain?

Why would you make something forbidden?

Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is the only One who makes things permissible and forbidden. Only a fool would seem to think themselves capable of such a task and I see no one having done such a thing without quoting Quran and ahadith.

A fatawa is an opinion in the best interest of the person; it is not mandatory. Scholars have written if they are wrong to not hold them to their opinion.

The dictionary definition is that a fatwa is "an Islamic religious decree issued by the ʿulama". A decree is an authoritative command, according to the same dictionary.

That is not an opinion by any means and if one scholar is wrong, that doesn't mean that scholars from the other three madhabs are as well.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

A fatawa is not binding. It is a ruling not a law. It is optional for the individual to follow it. ( respect it).

Brother Ditta,

I may be in the minority but there are only fatawa's to discourage such marriages. It is the individual discretion to respect the fatawa. We can not label this haram. A fatawa is not an absolute. That is my issue.

Idris16

You asked and I told you to investigate the beliefs of the girl, is she a Zaydi Shiite, Rafidite Shia, Alawite? If she's free of Shirk then that means she's an innovator inside the fold of Islam.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

I read the Islam Q&A.

Besides, fatawa is not a law. If you make the marriage between Shia and Sunni forbidden that makes marriages of interfaith forbidden. Think it out, carefully.

Why would you make something forbidden? This is a technicality. A person will have to stand by themselves on the Day of Judgement. The scholar will not be there.

As for the other responses...really....Oh Muslim man please!!!!
:salam2:

Still nothing substantial from you.

If you didn't believe in Fatwaas why did you ask for solid answers here?

Assalaam alaikum,
We need to delve into the issues. We need solid answers. That is what I am seeking.

And why did you go looking for it here and accepted it here:

Assalaam alaikum,

Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

A fatawa is not binding. It is a ruling not a law. It is optional for the individual to follow it. ( respect it).

Brother Ditta,

I may be in the minority but there are only fatawa's to discourage such marriages. It is the individual discretion to respect the fatawa. We can not label this haram. A fatawa is not an absolute. That is my issue.

No problems! Humour us point out what you have read it on Islam Q&A as you claim to have found something...

There is a series of lies emanating from you in a single thread you claiming that Sunnees don't show deferrence to Sayyidina Ali (RA) and your proof is TTI.

Then you asked for a Fatwa of permissibility and then all of a sudden found it on Islam Q&A but can't show what you found or read.

Thirdly, you equate marriage with Shia to interfaith marriages which is an absolute wild position to take because it isn't interfaith marriage its marriage with a woman of the people of the book (Christian or Jew) or do you know consider it permissible to marry a Hindu, Buddhist etc?
:wasalam:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum sister Aapa,

Subhanallah, so you follow your logic or desires rather than a person of knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.