Im New Here

deeva

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
I've been Muslim for about 5 years. Nobody gave me dawah so I actually didn't even know what the Quran was until I stumbled upon one in someone's house and started reading it. That's how I became Muslim (strangely enough, the person whose Quran it was was not even Muslim).

Studying Arabic has been my main hobby for the past five years. I currently run a website for studying Arabic (link in my signature) although its in maintenance mode right now while I add some tweaks to the back end. I hope to meet many enthused people here.

Any questions for me, please ask.
ma3 assalaamah

tquran

Hello" I am new as well here and am not a muslim.I married a man who os muslim bit does not practice Islam. We have four children together and it is to say the least difficult in alot of ways. I almost was drawn to Islam but so many things stood in the wayit is difficult for me to try to grasp ot as my husband does not pracrice and doesnt know how to answer my questions. I could go on and on.... I need direction a place to begin my journey to begin to understand Islam.

deeva

We;come Tquran. I can allow things to stand in my way (dress code for example) but those matters are trivial. I am not Muslim because I enjoy hiding my beauty. No no no. I'm Muslim because I believe Allah is the only true deity worthy of worship and I believe in His books and Messengers.

Try to figure out what is standing in your way. And then ask yourself whether those things are worth not believing in Allah as we should.

I am here to talk if you want to let your hair down. :)

tquran

I believe there is one God and have always had a hard time with jesus being the son of god and all a christian has to do for salvation is to believe this. it is like a game allowing you to live a sinful life just believe this ask forgiveness and you are saved.

deeva

I see. Same here. The shahada means more than 'i bear witness there is no god but Allah". The shahada more accurately means "I bear witness that Allah is the only deity worthy of worship". See the difference? There are many so-called 'gods'. From Zeus and Poseidon, from Buddha to Jesus. But none of these are worthy of worship. Why do you think? Why is Allah the only god worthy of worship (if you bellieve this)?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam , welcome to the site sister deeva and also tquran!

Yes, our belief in Allah is the distinguishing factor that makes Islam the truth. It is logical, perfect and the message that all the Prophets came with. That we worship Allah alone, without ascribing any partners to Him.

May Allah guide us to the right way and let us be those He loves, amin

wasalamu alaykum

islamerica

1 Ummah under God
wa'alaikum as'salaam

welcome to the forum sisters. There's a wealth of information here and many wonder people to talk to.

tquran, i would be good if you open up a new thread of your own and post any questions you have in there so others can help answer them and provide more information anything else. Regarding your husband, it's the same as any other religion. you have religion and you have followers, and not all followers will be practicing or adhering to their religion as they should. In Islam too, we have people are born Muslims but don't know much about Islam and just follow the culture around them.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله
I've been Muslim for about 5 years. Nobody gave me dawah so I actually didn't even know what the Quran was until I stumbled upon one in someone's house and started reading it. That's how I became Muslim (strangely enough, the person whose Quran it was was not even Muslim).

Studying Arabic has been my main hobby for the past five years. I currently run a website for studying Arabic (link in my signature) although its in maintenance mode right now while I add some tweaks to the back end. I hope to meet many enthused people here.

Any questions for me, please ask.
ma3 assalaamah

:wasalam:
:salam:

:75:
Alhamdulillah
Welcome to tti my sister
we are so happy to have you with us~Subhanallah!

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
assalamu alaykum sister,

welcome to TurnToIslam!

Where do you live? PM me if you don't want to write it on the public forum inshallah ;)

tquran, welcome to the forum!!! Feel free to ask any question!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Sisters, welcome to the TTI family! Please feel free to ask any question that you may have. Your brothers and sisters in TTI will be more than happy to help you out inshaAllah (with the Will of Allah).