The Virtues and Sunnah's of Jummah

The_truth

It is Jummatul Wida which is the last Friday of Ramadan and so we should make the best of this blessed day and act upon all the Sunnah's and recommended actions. We should also increase our Worship of Allah, thanking him, and making a firm commitment to him and to internalise in our minds that we will change for the better and strive to bring our deen into our lives and to do everything to please him and refrain from anything that may anger or displease him.

We should also send many Durood as it is recommended to do so particularly on Jumma...May Allah grant us many more Jummatul Wida. Ameen

The_truth

Friday (Jummah) The Best Day Of The Week

[video=youtube_share;ZxMfcWEPLdk]http://youtu.be/ZxMfcWEPLdk[/video]

The_truth

In certain aspects the night of Jumma even better than LaylatulQadr

It is related from Imam Ahmad rahmatullahialayh that he said that in certain aspects the rank of the night of jumu'ah is even higher than*Laylatul Qadr*One of the reasons for this is that it was on this night that Rasulullah (Allah bless him & give him peace) appeared in the womb of his mother Rasulullah's (Allah bless him & give him peace) appearance in this world was a cause of so much good and blessings both in this world and in the hereafter that they cannot be enumerated. (Ash'atulLama'aat)

The_truth

Reciting Durood in abundance on Jummah

The Prophet (Sallahu Alaihi Wassalam) is reported to have said, “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jumua’h since they are presented to me.” (Ibne Majah)

The_truth

The hour of acceptance

There is an hour of acceptance, and it is the hour in which no Muslim happens to supplicate to Allah for something except that it will be given to him.

In the hadeeth reported by al-Bukharee and Muslim on the authority of Abu Hurayrah that Allaah's Messenger (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)said:*Indeed, there is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand.*And he (salallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands.

Many scholars state that this hour is the last hour before Maghrib on Friday. So we should try to increase our Dua's in this period.

May Allah give us the ability to make the best of this special hour every Friday. Ameen

The_truth

Arrive at Jummah early to be wriitten in the scrolls of the Angels

arrated Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "On every Friday theangels take their stand at every gate to the masjid to write the names ofthe people chronologically (i.e. according to the time of their arrival forthe Friday prayer) and when the Imam sits (on the pulpit) they fold uptheir scrolls and get ready to listen to the sermon."

Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 433

The_truth

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRahmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Today is the day known as Good Friday, this day is observed by Christians around the world, for them it is a holy day, this is the day in which Jesus was betrayed and taken onto the cross and crucified, hence the Good Friday.

I ask... What is so good about a Friday in which a prophet of God is killed by his enemies? A day in which a prophet of God is humiliated by his enemies?

The real reason why today is Good Friday is the fact that Allah saved Jesus Alayhi Salam!

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise (4:157-158)

Make the most of this Friday as your away from work and get the chance to fulfill the obligations of Jummah. InshaAllah.

FiAmaaniAllah

Fatima Amenda

Thank you Brother for this help. I did not know was Hadith to read Surah Al-Ala and Al Ghashiya in Jummah prayer. May I ask if there is any Hadith to say we should read Al-Sajdah on Friday morning prayer as the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam recited this as his Friday morning prayer from what I understand in the Qur'an I was given that includes a brief explanation of each Surah. May I also ask because I have been confused with this Sunnah prayer, prior to Dhuhr, the 4 rakats, do we do them as 4 or do we split the 4 and pray 2 prayers of 2 rakats Sunnah, then 4 Dhuhr, the 2 Sunnah after? JazakAllah Khairan

Fatima Amenda

May I also ask regarding perfume, this is for Brother's only? I have read the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam said that women adorning themselves with perfume is as though they have already committed adultery. Please forgive me for I do not remember Hadith I came across that I read in. JazakAllah Khairan

Fatima Amenda

that hadith is correct.

--------------------

these 2 below seem highly doubtful

But 7."" To walk to the Masjid if possible for every step is a reward of a years Nafl Fast (Tirmidhi) "" can you paste the exact refrence of where in tirmii is this...

It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws al-Thaqafi that the Messenger of Allah (Pbuh) said: Whoever does Ghusl on Friday and causes (his wife) to do Ghusl, and sets out early, and comes close to the imam and listens and keeps quiet, for every step he takes he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.” (al-Tirmidhi, 496)

inshalah i will post asap about there validity .

"Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect." [al-Ahzab 56]

Fatima Amenda

May ALLAH AZZAWAJAL reward you for your efforts...

I have two doubts...

1. please do explain me, what is a DUROOD??? is it an Arabic word?

2. I have heard that the 18th point you have mentioned is not Saheeh.. ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best, if any one can help me with these two, it would be a great help.. : )

This is Durood we are to recite

"Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect." [al-Ahzab 56]

Fatima Amenda

May ALLAH AZZAWAJAL reward you for your efforts...

I have two doubts...

1. please do explain me, what is a DUROOD??? is it an Arabic word?

2. I have heard that the 18th point you have mentioned is not Saheeh.. ALLAH AZZAWAJAL knows the best, if any one can help me with these two, it would be a great help.. : )

this is Durood we are to recite

Fatima Amenda

this is Durood we are to recite

:salam2:

JazakAllahu Khayran for bringing that up. I have points 12 and 13 as they have no basis from Quran and Sunnah.

During Jumuah Khutbah one should listen attentively to khateeb and not do anything apart from that. The Khutbah is part of Jumuah Salah so one should not recite any Quran or other form of Dhikr. Rather the command is to listen attentively to the Khateeb.

If the Prophet's name is mentioned, you can repeat SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam with your lips InshaAllah. And Allah Knows best.

Durood is usually used in Indian Subcontinent, it means to send blessing on Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam (or Salawat).

And it is virtuous to send more blessings on Prophet SallAllahu Alleihi Wa Sallam on Friday from reported prophetic traditions.

And Allah Knows best.. Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Please forgive me I was trying to find thread to Brother who was asking about Durood, JazakAllah Khairan

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
az101 said:
that hadith is correct.

--------------------

But 7."" To walk to the Masjid if possible for every step is a reward of a years Nafl Fast (Tirmidhi) "" can you paste the exact refrence of where in tirmii is this...

It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws al-Thaqafi that the Messenger of Allah (Pbuh) said: Whoever does Ghusl on Friday and causes (his wife) to do Ghusl, and sets out early, and comes close to the imam and listens and keeps quiet, for every step he takes he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.” (al-Tirmidhi, 496)

CLARIFICATION I SAID THIS ABOVE HADITH WAS HIGHLY DOUBTFUL

UPDATE !!!! 30 March 2013

I did research some research and THIS HADITH IS AUTHENTIC

Aboo Dawood reported (no. 345) from Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafee (radiallaahu ‘anhu):
I heard Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) say
“Whoever washes his head on the day of Jumu’ah, and takes a bath and arrives in time, and he walks and he does not ride, and he draws close to the imaam, and he listens and he does not speak. Then for every step which he takes, there will be for him the reward of a year: the reward of fasting it and standing in Prayer.

Shaikh al-Albaanee said this hadeeth is (Saheeh) authentic.

Fatima Amenda

az101 said:
that hadith is correct.
--------------------

CLARIFICATION I SAID THIS ABOVE HADITH WAS HIGHLY DOUBTFUL

UPDATE !!!! 30 March 2013

I did research some research and THIS HADITH IS AUTHENTIC

Aboo Dawood reported (no. 345) from Aws ibn Aws ath-Thaqafee (radiallaahu ‘anhu):
I heard Allaah’s Messenger (salallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) say
“Whoever washes his head on the day of Jumu’ah, and takes a bath and arrives in time, and he walks and he does not ride, and he draws close to the imaam, and he listens and he does not speak. Then for every step which he takes, there will be for him the reward of a year: the reward of fasting it and standing in Prayer.

Shaikh al-Albaanee said this hadeeth is (Saheeh) authentic.

Suban'Allah!

az101

http://www.miraathpublications.net/
if anyone wants more refrence on this hadetth PM me and i will give you more clarification on it authenticity Insha 'allah

The_truth

From Jummah to Jummah & Ramadan to Ramadan are expiation of sins

Abu Huraira Radiyallahu ‘anhu narrates that the Prophet Sallallahu ‘alaihi wasallam said: “The five daily Salaat, oneJummah*Salaah till the next*Jummah*Salaah and one Ramadhan till the next Ramadhan are all expiations for the time between them provided that major sins are abstained from.”(Sahih Muslim)

The_truth

*If a person walks to Jumu’ah prayer, for every step he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.

It was narrated from Aws ibn Aws al-Thaqafi that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does ghusl on Friday and causes (his wife) to do ghusl, and sets out early, and comes close to the imam and listens and keeps quiet, for every step he takes he will have the reward of fasting and praying qiyaam for one year.”*

[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 496]

The_truth

Your guide to a good Jummah (Friday prayer)

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said: “On the day of Jummah, the angels stand at the entrance of that masjid in which Jumuah salat is to be offered. They write down the name of the person who enters the masjid first, and thereafter the name of the person who follows, and they continue doing this. The person who entered first will receive the reward of sacrificing a camel in the path of Allah; the one who followed him will get the reward of sacrificing a cow, thereafter a chicken, thereafter the reward of giving an egg as charity in the path of Allah.Once the khutbah commences, the angels close the register and begin listening to the khutbah.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

They say Friday is the best day of the week but for a Muslim we have far more to look forward to other than the weekend off work and school! Friday is a day of Allah's Generosity when it comes to whom He wishes to Forgive.

The name Jummah is derived from the word Al-Jam’ in Arabic which means to gather, as Muslims gather on this day every week, and Allah has commanded the believers to gather for His worship, “Oh you who believe! When the call is proclaimed for Jummah (Friday prayer), come fast to the remembrance of Allah.”

Jummah thus becomes a great reason for a get together and rush to receive the blessings from Allah. From one Jummah to the next, there is an expiation for whatever sins come in between, so long as one does not commit any major sin. (Muslim, 233)

So before you head off to the masjid, here are some precious sunnah acts of Jummah to make your Friday that little bit more special (rewarding).

Sunnah acts of Friday

Miswak

Get between those gaps!

Sunnah & Acts of Jummah day:

1 - Bathing (Ghusl) on the day of Jumumah (Bukhari 1951)
2 - To wear nice clothes (Abu Dawood,)
3 - Use perfume, and use the Miswaak. (Ibn Majah)
4 - Going early to Jumuah Prayer (Bukhari 929 & Muslim 1964 )
5 - Walking to Masjid for Jumuah Paryer (Al-Tirmidi, 496)

The best reward is at the front row!

6 - Try to sit as close as possible to the Imam. (Majah, Tirmidhi)
7 - Listening attentively to Khutbah (Sermon) (Bukhari 934)
8 - Reading Surah tul Kahf (Before sun sets on Friday). [Saheeh al-Targheeb, 836]
9 - Visiting the Sick & Attending Muslims Funeral [Trimidhi]
10- Increase your Durood (example: Durood Ibrahim) “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jummah since they are presented to me.” (Ibn Majah) Salams upon the Prophet.

Don't forget..

Dua

Ask the one who never refuses to answer

Dont forget, after the Jummah prayer the good blessings don't stop there!

The day of Jumu’ah includes an hour during which all supplications are accepted. Abu Hurayrah, narrated that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), said:
“On (the day of) Jumu’ah is an hour during which Allah gives to a Muslim servant standing in prayer whatever he asks for.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

So make sure you give yourself that much needed 'ME' time with Allah (between Asr and Magrib) and ask away!!

Friday charity is more virtuous than any other day!

Last but in no way least;

Giving your charity on Jummah carries more virtue than other days. Ka’b, narrated that Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said,

“Charity given during the day of Jumu’ah is greater (in reward) than any other day.”

We are trying to start fundraising early this year to secure our prayer marquee for thousdands of Musallis this Eid, if you would like to recieve the rewards of charity on Jummah click here or donate at www.justgiving.com/my1eid

"The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his charity." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 604

"Save yourself from hellfire by giving even half a date-fruit in charity." - Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Hadith 498

“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
― Maya Angelou

“We only have what we give.”
― Isabel Allende

Source: http://www.alfitrah.com/?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Get your Jummah on_ Virtues of Friday_&utm_campaign=20150410_m125258881_Get your Jummah on!&utm_term=masjid_gates_jpg_3F1428628749