Is being Gay a birth defect or Influence ?

Islam!!yay

Salam

As you all may be aware, the government is considering wether to legalize gay marriage on the Federal level or not. Its on the news.

This case made think If being a homosexual is inherit to some people. Gay people say that they are born attracted to the same sex and some say that it is the environment that influences them. I know Islam stictly forbids this practice. But could Allah SWT be refering to straight men who sensualize with other men or is Allah SWT is refering to ANY and ALL same gender relationships is forbidden. If the latter is true and Allah SWT Forbids all same gender relationships and it is not doubt influence from the envionment.

I just want to know what other Muslims think of this.

And for the recored do you think that the United States Federal Government should legalize Same-sex marriage in all states or not ?

Thank You!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
We should be kind and not push people away from Islam, no matter what sin they commit. Allah is the All Forgiving and Most Merciful.

The Prophet Muhammad :saw: said regarding a man who kept drinking alcohol:

" "Do not curse him, for I swear by Allah, if you only knew just how very much indeed he loves Allah and His Messenger." [Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6282)] He then added: "Do not help Satan against your brother."

Read the whole story here:
The Prophet :saw: and the Alcoholic

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wait! This just came to me

People say that there are Gay animals, Is that true ?

Yes, those "people" , are the kind that drink civet coffee, which is a type of coffee made from cat poop, or who think Tracy Emin is an inspirational artist! They have no real common sense, decency or understanding of life, except that which is based on fulfillment of their desires.

Animals are animals. They freely urinate, defecate and in certain times of crazed lust or even mistake! mount each other, or even other animals. In fact, even humans, if they are in close proximity. This is not the norm, it may not even be happening. It does not mean that they have totally forsaken reproduction.

Nobody should infer that just because animals exhibit homosexual characteristics that it is therefore rational and "natural" for humans to do so too. Especially when they are mentioning something that is very rare. There are also cases where certain animals eat their own offspring, or female spiders that mate and then eat the male spider.

Animals are not accountable to Allah's law, but humans are. What some of these humans are saying is that they have the same morals as animals!

Islam!!yay

yes thats a very good point!

And does anyone have DanyalSac contact (email address) I would love to ask him some questions because his experience was definetly unique

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

About those people who try to prove that being gay is normal because there are similar behaviour with some animals too are interest to looking for kind of reason just to fulfill they own desires. If they moral would be same like animals, as "pure" and "natural" as they claim, then would they also accept to people other ways to behave and say like "oh animals make same - it is normal and so natural". For example some female animals eat male after intercourse, with some animals male might kill puppies of female to make it interest about copulation.

Normal and natural, right?

AbuKhalid

While in general most people, men and women are normal, some people either do not produce enough testosterone or produce too much testosterone during their adolescence. This can affect a person, so that a man may be feminine ... in severe cases he may not have desire and thus cannot marry women. Nevertheless, he is still a man and all laws apply to him. Similarly a woman may have too much testosterone and (like men) they get attracted to women. Nevertheless, they too are still women and all they need is a hi-testosterone man to marry.

In other cases, you may find that people have been psychologically scarred in their childhood through some kind of abuse and that later on leads them to have unconventional thoughts, if not treated.

No one is born gay! Just that Allah test people as some babies are born with defect. Allahu A'lam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
While in general most people, men and women are normal, some people either do not produce enough testosterone or produce too much testosterone during their adolescence. This can affect a person, so that a man may be feminine ... in severe cases he may not have desire and thus cannot marry women. Nevertheless, he is still a man and all laws apply to him. Similarly a woman may have too much testosterone and (like men) they get attracted to women. Nevertheless, they too are still women and all they need is a hi-testosterone man to marry.

In other cases, you may find that people have been psychologically scarred in their childhood through some kind of abuse and that later on leads them to have unconventional thoughts, if not treated.

No one is born gay! Just that Allah test people as some babies are born with defect. Allahu A'lam

I am sorry, but you just just wrote a load of pseudo science!

Women with higher testosterone than other women does not make them lesbian! They may have a higher sex drive, as that is one of the effects of testosterone - Not sexual orientation!

ipanda

wow...you called gay "a birth defect". It could be by birth it is not a defect at all. My best friend says he releazed he is gay when he was at camp. I donno if this is an influence or not. All i know it is not a defect of any kind nor wrong.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Of course it's wrong. Going against the nature created by God often is. Just because something "feels" right doesn't mean it actually is and man has convinced himself that it is just to justify his own behavior.

Discovering your "gay side" at camp is all-too common. It usually happens after boys are sexually molested or raped by their camp counselors, unfortunately another all-too common fact.

AbuKhalid

I still think its a deviation from the norm. No one was created gay.
When I said birth defect, I wasnt referring to "gay as being a birth defect" but rather, some disorder in the system. Thats no excuse to become gay.

Quote: "Women with higher testosterone than other women does not make them lesbian! They may have a higher sex drive" ... hence leading to such tendencies, if not controlled like as other normal hi-Testosterone females control themselve

Now our attitude towards someone who is gay shouldnt be biased. They, like everyone, need guidance to the true path.