Do muslims believe in Judas ?

Islam!!yay

:salam2:

i am not sure If islam teaches us that if he was the one crucified or he betrayed Prophet Jesus (PBUH) or even If he is a real historical Figure ?

So please brothers and sisters your kind response would be nice !

THank Youuu :)

Rustandi

الفقير الى الله
:salam2:

the following narration found in tafseer ibn katheer:

Ibn Abbas said, "Just before Allah raised Jesus to the Heavens, Jesus went to his disciples, who were twelve inside the house. When he arrived, his hair was dripping with water (as if he had just had a bath) and he said, 'There are those among you who will disbelieve in me twelve times after you had believed in me.' He then asked, 'Who among you will volunteer for his appearance to be transformed into mine, and be killed in my place. Whoever volunteers for that, he will be with me (in Paradise).' One of the youngest ones among them volunteered, but Jesus asked him to sit down. Jesus asked again for a volunteer, and the same young man volunteered and Jesus asked him to sit down again. Then the young man volunteered a third time and Jesus said, 'You will be that man,' and the resemblance of Jesus was cast over that man while Jesus ascended to Heaven from a hole in the roof of the house. When the Jews came looking for Jesus, they found that young man and crucified him. Some of Jesus' followers disbelieved in him twelve times after they had believed in him. They then divided into three groups. One group, the Jacobites, said, 'Allah remained with us as long as He willed and then ascended to Heaven.' Another group, the Nestorians, said, 'The son of Allah was with us as long as he willed and Allah took him to Heaven.' Another group, the Muslims, said, 'The servant and Messenger of Allah remained with us as long as Allah willed, and Allah then took him to Him.' The two disbelieving groups cooperated against the Muslim group and they killed them. Ever since that happened, Islam was then veiled until Allah sent Muhammad." Al-Nasa'i, Al-Kubra, 6:489

while this article taken from islamqa http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/103515

Who was the person who was made to resemble ‘Eesa (peace be upon him)?
I have a few question about the one who was crucified instead of Isa (peace be upon him) I have seen in one place saying that the one who betrayed Isa (PBUH) was made to look like Isa and was crucified and I have seen in another place saying that one Isa’s companions volunteered to be crucified instead of Isa. I am confused, can you tell me which one is true?.

Praise be to Allaah.

The Qur’aan states that ‘Eesa (peace be upon him) was not crucified or killed, and that he was lifted up to heaven. There is no text of the Revelation that tells us the details of what happened on the day when that was made to appear to the Jews, but there is a saheeh report from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messiah (peace be upon him) said to those of his companions who were with him in the house: “Which of you will be made to look like me and be killed in my stead, and he will be with me in the same level as me (in Paradise)?” A young man who was one of the youngest of them stood up, and he said to him: “Sit down.” Then he repeated it and that young man stood up again, and he said: “Sit down.” Then he repeated it again and that young man stood up and said, “I (will do it).” He said: “You are the one.” So he was caused to look like ‘Eesa and ‘Eesa was lifted up from a window in the house to heaven. Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in his Tafseer (4/337), commenting on this report: This is a saheeh isnaad going back to Ibn ‘Abbaas. Similarly it was narrated from more than one of the salaf that he said to them: “Which of you will be made to look like me and be killed in my stead, and he will be my companion in Paradise?” End quote.

Then he (may Allaah have mercy on him) said (4/341): Ibn Jareer favoured the view that all of his companions were made to look like ‘Eesa. End quote. This was mentioned in a report narrated from Wahb ibn Munabbih which was narrated by Ibn Jareer (may Allaah have mercy on him) and quoted by Ibn Katheer (4/337), in which it states that when they surrounded ‘Eesa and his companions and entered upon them, “Allaah made them all appear in the form of ‘Eesa and they said to them, ‘You have bewitched us; send forth to us ‘Eesa or we will kill you all,’ until they sent forth one of their number after ‘Eesa promised Paradise to him, and they took him and crucified him.”

But Ibn Katheer said after that: This is a very strange story. End quote.

He also (may Allaah have mercy on him) said (4/341): Some of the Christians claim that Judas Iscariot – who is the one who led the Jews to ‘Eesa – is the one who was made to look like ‘Eesa so they crucified him, and he said: I am not the one you want, I am the one who led you to him. Allaah knows best what really happened. End quote.

With that, Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) concluded his discussion of this topic: Allaah knows best what really happened.

Knowledge of this matter is of no great benefit; if we needed to know that, our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) would have told us.

And Allaah knows best.
Islam Q&A

hope it answers your question...

Fatima Amenda

Regarding the article about the Dead Sea Scrolls, Although the concept of who Judas spoken about in the Bible is one of debate, It is possible Judas Iscariot in the bible is more of a symbolic figure regarding betrayal and money. But I have no knowledge. I instead choose to believe what is written that was reported by Ibn Abbas regarding who replaced Jesus alayhi wasallam on the cross as not being a betrayer but voluntary replaced him ( possibly could have been one of his followers who went by the name Jude, not to be confused with Judas Iscariot the betrayer and disbeliever)

Ibn Abbas said, "Just before Allah raised Jesus to the Heavens, Jesus went to his disciples, who were twelve inside the house. When he arrived, his hair was dripping with water (as if he had just had a bath) and he said, 'There are those among you who will disbelieve in me twelve times after you had believed in me.' He then asked, 'Who among you will volunteer for his appearance to be transformed into mine, and be killed in my place. Whoever volunteers for that, he will be with me (inParadise).' One of the youngest ones among them volunteered, but Jesus asked him to sit down. Jesus asked again for a volunteer, and the same young man volunteered and Jesus asked him to sit down again. Then the young man volunteered a third time and Jesus said, 'You will be that man,' and the resemblance of Jesus was cast over that man while Jesus ascended to Heaven from a hole in the roof of the house. When the Jews came looking for Jesus, they found that young man and crucified him. Some of Jesus' followers disbelieved in him twelve times after they had believed in him. They then divided into three groups. One group, the Jacobites, said, 'Allah remained with us as long as He willed and then ascended to Heaven.' Another group, the Nestorians, said, 'The son of Allah was with us as long as he willed and Allah took him to Heaven.' Another group, the Muslims, said, 'The servant and Messenger of Allah remained with us as long as Allah willed, and Allah then took him to Him.' The two disbelieving groups cooperated against the Muslim group and they killed them. Ever since that happened, Islam was then veiled until Allah sent Muhammad."
Al-Nasa'i, Al-Kubra, 6:489

Sanshoes

Does it matter? All we know is Judas Iscariot by his name was a mujahid. Iscariot means "Man of the Dagger" or "Assassin". Iscariot is singular for the latin "Sicarii" a group of fierce zealots engaged in a guerrilla war with Rome who slit the throats of Romans and Jewish collaborators.

Plenty of the "Twelve" still carry their jihad kunyas' such as Simon the Zealot (terrorist) Peter Bar-jona (outlaw) James & John are called "Sons of Thunder". All typical terrorist nicknames. And to be expected as 'Jesus' (peace be upon him) called the people to jihad (war).

Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties (in exchange) for that they will have Paradise. THEY FIGHT IN THE CAUSE OF ALLAH, SO THEY KILL & ARE KILLED. A TRUE PROMISE (binding) UPON HIM IN the Torah and THE INJEEL and the Qur'an. And who is truer to his covenant than Allah? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment. 9:111

Cariad

It should not matter to you. You have your understanding of Judas, maybe that it was you need to clarify, Christians are quite clear on the matter of Judas, his actions and what he stands for. To compare the two concepts of Judas will only confuse you. Forget about the biblical Judas and just clarify what the Quranic Judas stands for. They will likely not be the same but it's up to you to decide which one fits the historical context.

Cariad

And who is truer to his covenant than Allah? So rejoice in your transaction which you have contracted. And it is that which is the great attainment. 9:111

Which covenant? There has been more than one. Do muslims have a covenant with YHWH?

Sanshoes

Forget about the biblical Judas and just clarify what the Quranic Judas stands for. They will likely not be the same but it's up to you to decide which one fits the historical context.
The historical setting supports the Qur'an. Judea was on fire with a long guerrilla war between the Romans & Messianic Zealots. Jews were crucified almost daily in the hundreds. Finally ending in the destruction of Jerusalem 70ce & the Jews dispersed to the four winds. The Qur'an tells us Jesus called the people to war against Rome & Judas's nickname is Iscariot i.e. Man of the Dagger / Assassin.
The bible is about a hippie man-god who wanders around, sits on hills singing Kumbayya & telling the poor persecuted jews to love the Romans, totally oblivious to the carnage going on around him.

The Qur'an wins the 'historically acurate' argument hands down.

Which covenant? There has been more than one. Do muslims have a covenant with YHWH?

There is only one God. One Creator. The God of Adam Noah Abraham Ishmail Isaac Jacob Moses, David Jesus & Mohammad (peace be upon them all).

Hear oh Israel the Lord your God is One. - O.T.
There is no god but Allah - Qur'an

I'm surprised you have been in an Islamic forum for as long as you have & haven't noticed that.

Cariad

There is but ONE God..YHWH. However if you bothered to give more than a cursory glance at my question.. It was about which covenant do muslims adhere to? There was more than one covenant between YHWH and mankind. Since muslims do not buy into the final covenant, the Eternal Covenant, which one do you follow?

Cariad

Where is it found in the Quran please? How does it differ from the final eternal covenant? Did God make this covenant with Mohammed as leader of muslims? Could you clarify please?