Allah's will...or dua for change??

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister, no they are not contradictory.

We make du'aa for what is to be and are satisfied with that which was in the past. The past served a purpose and was from Allah. Something may not have been good for us at a particular time, we may not have been ready. So one day perhaps we are stronger and aware of our own soul and situations, and prepared for the coming challenges.

"Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he thanks (God), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it".
Narrated by Suhaib ibn Sinan ar-Rumi (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Muslim transmitted it. Hadith No.5297 of Mishkat al-Masabi

I heard Allah's Apostle (Sal-allahu-aleihi-wasallam) saying, "Allah said, 'If I deprive my slave of his two beloved things (i.e., his eyes) and he remains patient, I will let him enter Paradise in compensation for them."

Narrated by Anas bin Malik (Razi Allah Ta'lah Anhu); Sahih Bukhari transmitted it. Vol 7:#557 of Sahih
Bukhari.

So, we may face many good and bad times in our lives, but we must remember that it is a journey. Nothing happens that Allah does not know about. We are given both gifts, blessings and mercies from our Lord just as we are given trials. Yet, the believer is the one who endures with patience. Who accepts all that happens and says, Alhamdulillah, and makes Dua to his Lord.

The important thing for us, as Muslims, is to make sure we choose the right options in our lives. Those are the options based upon the Quran and the Sunnah. If we need to make a choice, we should do so not from our emotions, desires or advice of anyone, but first of all from a logical, concise look as to what Allah and His beloved Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alayhi wa salam) taught us !

For Islam is perfect. There is no perfect thing on this world except the gift that Allah has given us, al-Islam, the religion of Islam. It is the way we will achieve peace in this world and forever lasting happiness in the next.

May Allah help us and grant us Jannatul Firdaus, Amin!

arachan

both are cool, as we make du'a for change and things go on Allah's will as none of His will is disadvantage us or even worse, just how we could see what Allah want's us to be on His will and testaments. Never take Allah's will negatively, as Allah is as what His Servants' prejudice. So any bad things happen for testament, so good things do. Just try to dig deep into ourselves, what is wrong with us that Allah tries to warn us, what He wants us to acknowledge. That's all I can say sis, may it help.

Fatima Amenda

Is this meant because Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala has already written our destiny that dua is really for ourselves to be witness to the changes in our or other's life when we make dua and our dua is answered and to teach us patience and understanding when they are not answered or answered immediately since our destiny has been determined, Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala already knew what we were going to make dua for so the answer was already predetermined, we just don't know what the answer will be and this is when we trust Allah knows best?

arachan

Is this meant because Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala has already written our destiny that dua is really for ourselves to be witness to the changes in our or other's life when we make dua and our dua is answered and to teach us patience and understanding when they are not answered or answered immediately since our destiny has been determined, Allah Subana Wa Ta'ala already knew what we were going to make dua for so the answer was already predetermined, we just don't know what the answer will be and this is when we trust Allah knows best?

well sis, Allah knows best, i most agree. but what we should know in mind and then believe is Allah always answers our prayers. if we talk about destiny, nothing is with full of certainty, as certainty is only to Allah's will. what Allah has already destined us even before we were born is when our life will finished. how will we live our lives, it's all in our hands. as Allah gives the full rights to us. i cannot say that Allah is dogmatic, but it's true. but how we address what Allah gives us is freedom, but He gives us choices and consequences in that freedom He gave. He always answers our prayers, trust me, just the answers not fill our needs in our sides. for the easiest example, we pray for getting job in certain company that we really want or dream of, but we failed. it doesn't mean that Allah doesn't answer our pray, but the answer is NO. but we always try to deny this, and blame to ourselves and worse, Allah. The answers are always Yes or No, but we always want the Yes as the answer of all our prayers. this is how we could address 'Allah knows best'. Those are not for no reasons, but for our truly own good. Allah loves us in His own ways, and we just don't understand it yet. so we need just to understand how the way He loves us.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
I do understand where you are coming from. To submit to His will, to His decisions for us, when something occurs is one thing, and to be unmindful of destiny is another. But, submission and supplicating are for the one cause, the idea that we ultimately have no other Being to turn to, save He who knows the deepest desires of the deepest recesses of our minds and hearts.

From my experiences, I have realised, that it is Allah's Will that results in our supplication. They cannot be contradictory, because if He burdens you with grief or showers you with blessings, you will supplicate, either asking for ease (which in essence is change), or thanking Him, no?

Fatima Amenda

well sis, Allah knows best, i most agree. but what we should know in mind and then believe is Allah always answers our prayers. if we talk about destiny, nothing is with full of certainty, as certainty is only to Allah's will. what Allah has already destined us even before we were born is when our life will finished. how will we live our lives, it's all in our hands. as Allah gives the full rights to us. i cannot say that Allah is dogmatic, but it's true. but how we address what Allah gives us is freedom, but He gives us choices and consequences in that freedom He gave. He always answers our prayers, trust me, just the answers not fill our needs in our sides. for the easiest example, we pray for getting job in certain company that we really want or dream of, but we failed. it doesn't mean that Allah doesn't answer our pray, but the answer is NO. but we always try to deny this, and blame to ourselves and worse, Allah. The answers are always Yes or No, but we always want the Yes as the answer of all our prayers. this is how we could address 'Allah knows best'. Those are not for no reasons, but for our truly own good. Allah loves us in His own ways, and we just don't understand it yet. so we need just to understand how the way He loves us.

Mash'Allah Sister, thank you for helping me understand. My understanding coming into Islam which I may have misunderstood is our destiny everyday has already been written and this why I struggle with understanding about our free will, but there is much to learn and Islam is a very deep in thought and soul religion of faith. Insha'Allah the more I study the more I will come to understand. JazakiAllah Kharian

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
My understanding coming into Islam which I may have misunderstood is our destiny everyday has already been written and this why I struggle with understanding about our free will, but there is much to learn and Islam is a very deep in thought and soul religion of faith.

Our destiny HAS been written. That has nothing to do with our free will. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala just already knows what's going to happen to us.

arachan

Mash'Allah Sister, thank you for helping me understand. My understanding coming into Islam which I may have misunderstood is our destiny everyday has already been written and this why I struggle with understanding about our free will, but there is much to learn and Islam is a very deep in thought and soul religion of faith. Insha'Allah the more I study the more I will come to understand. JazakiAllah Kharian

well, indeed. we cannot just take as it looks but we need to see deep into it. alhamdulillah if it helps. you know sis, never lose trust in Allah, though we even lose trust to ourselves. Rasulullah says أُطْلُبُوا الْعِلْمَ مِنَ الْمَهْدِ اِلىَ اللَّهْدِ , "Seek Knowledge from the cradle to the grave", so we have lot times to learn. Sometimes, what we know makes us understand when it comes to us. Islam is way of life, so we should reflect it to how the way, not how it looks like, way means we should go through the way, not just seeing it or just knowing it. but with through deeds, I'm still trying. lol

But some people say, better to have the knowledge and have a faith after the knowledge, as the knowledge will drag us up when we are down, and for a faith without knowledge will drag us down to the deepest gorge.

arachan

Our destiny HAS been written. That has nothing to do with our free will. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala just already knows what's going to happen to us.

well sis, without denying that Allah knows what's going to happen to us, that i believe is true, but I do believe Allah has given us a right whether be His servants or be Companions of the Fire. How we live, is up to us, but Allah has given us warns and ways to rewards and consequences of our deeds. The free will is as Allah's will, i never doubt.