Question: AM I FOOLISH?

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum to alls,it's a long time I don't post a new thread.I hope you are in good health and Imaan.I've seen what's happening in Sirya and I'm starting to ask when 'Isa will come to stop all this massacre.
But the matter is another.I wish to know if it's only my imagination or it's the truth of the future generations.With the arrival of the new kind of mobile phones(i-pad,smartphone,Apple,android and so on),the communication with other people has become faster,everything you need you can find making a google research only speaking to the android,and you'll find what you need.
there is one matter that makes me shiver:what is being of the Quran?
I feel the time running fast everyday,the time to pray is not much.I have some copies of the arabic Quran and not much time to dedicate to it.I've tried to read and download some ruqya,but I don't know why,I have to subscribe to google+ or facebook.
Adressing my attention to one of the sings of the end,where there will be not knowledge of the Quran,very few people will know it and the word "salam" will be almost an offence,I've arrived to the conclusion that with the digital world we're givig more attention to what can satisfy our materials request,hiding to us the reality.One day the printed paper maybe won'tt exist anymore,and I ask:who will be able to learn the Quran by heart,if we are too much concentrated to run everyday?
I pose my question to you,members of the forum and to the guests:am I foolish?

Umm Abdullah

Wa aleykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh dear sister.

I've also noticed that time is passing so quickly, and this is a sign of yawm al-qiyamah.
Hmm only Allah knows when 'Isaa ('aleyhi salam) will come down to earth. I think there is no doubt that we are in the end times, and we have seen many small signs of qiyamah, but there are still many signs we haven't seen yet ( the major signs)...
Allahu A'lem

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I can't believe this,t must be a bad dream from which I'll wake up,I feel the anguish over my heart.by the way that today I've the fever,I also see everything in another way,may Allah guide me throught this mess

Koke

It has been that way throughout history. With the introduction of new technologies that will save Humans 'time' and cause more luxury and family time, it has done the opposite. With the creation of factories for clothes, cars for transportation, and now mobile devices and greater communication networks- people's time and days are filled with work and keeping up with these faster networks. I usually just turn off my mobile and PC every once in awhile for a prolonged period just to get the chance to see LIFE and not facebook, google+, youtube, school, forums......

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
assalamu alaykum ukhti,

I'm very happy to see you again on TurnToIslam mashallah!

Anyway, regarding the Qur'an, with the right intention you can always find time for the Qur'an inshallah. Shytaan plays a lot when we take the mushaf in our hands, we just need to be strong and remember our niya inshallah. There are sisters with lots of kids mashallah tabarakallah or old women who have memorised the Qur'an, we just need to remember our niya and ask Allah to help us. There is ALWAYS time for the Qur'an, do not listen to Shaytaan!

jazakillahu khayran and a big hug to you and your kids!!

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh, ukhty!

No, ukhty, I don't think you're being foolish at all. It's normal to sometimes worry and feel very overwhelmed with all the crazy things taking place nowadays.

I think the technology development will only get worse (or 'better' for some) from hereon. What we need to do is prioritize and not let it stray us from the right path. You can actually use these new technologies, such us the high speed internet and the phones with the apps and whatnot, to your advantage. You can download lots of books and lectures today instead of going out to buy them. It'll save you time and money, which you can put to good use.
Also you don't need to have an actual copy of the mushaf to recite or memorize the qur'aan unless you're studying with a teacher, ukht.

May Allaah make things easy on you and us and keep us firm in our deen.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
:salam:

Sister hayat, good to see you back. I must say, I do miss your poems at times.
Anyways, coming to your question. In a way, technology is good, it helps us in many ways, makes our things easier. But on the flip side, they are a pain, they make us lazy, "couch-potatoes". All you need to do is follow (in every aspect of life) what Islam says. "Middle path". Else, you are bound to be doomed.

We should never forget that we are on a journey and our destination is to meet our Rabb. Once you forget that, you get obsessed with this dunya. Sad but true. :(

Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh, ukhty!
You can download lots of books

Walaikumassalaam wa re. wa barakatuhu ukhti.
I would disagree a little over here. There is nothing like a hard copy, the feel, the aroma of the book. Awwwww... :love_heart: The older it is, the better! :p

But yes, what you referred to, in your statement is valid.

Peace.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Walaikumassalaam wa re. wa barakatuhu ukhti.
I would disagree a little over here. There is nothing like a hard copy, the feel, the aroma of the book. Awwwww... :love_heart: The older it is, the better! :p

Peace.

Well, personally, I also happen to prefer a hard copy. I don't know about the 'feel' and the 'aroma' but I like to mark & annotate them and use those cute little bookmark thingies. =)

Koke

Well, personally, I also happen to prefer a hard copy. I don't know about the 'feel' and the 'aroma' but I like to mark & annotate them and use those cute little bookmark thingies. =)

Since I am not fluent in arabic yet, I listen to audio quran while it highlights the words said in arabic script :D It is extremely educational and not a waste of technology in my opinion.

arachan

well, i don't think you are sis. but the most important is what Qur'an brings to us. I mean like why Rasulullah's Akhlaq was like Qur'an, because what he did was what Qur'an says. I think the digital world nowadays could bring us to be closer to Qur'an since we are rush and fast going to run this world goes, with all those stuff, whenever we are available, we can snap to Qur'an anytime and don't have to worry lose it or worse.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it's very good to read your replies!thank you very much from the deep of my heart.I've been asking that weird question,because it seems I've identified the strnght of Dajjal and how he's trying to deceive us.it invites you to "look" into his eye and "forget" totally the reality in which you're living..I'm striving to stay far from it,it's said that Photo making is haram,yes?well,with this new technology,it's almost impossible to take a photo and share it with someone,and I'm not talking for myself,but for someone dear for me,but I have to give up.it's thought that I'm out of time on this Dunya.I don't like the Era in which I live,this evil is taking away all my moments,it temptes me and tryies to destroy what of good I've made up.Sister Umm Muhammed al Mahdi,you are really dear to remember my kids:they are my joy,they are all what of good Allah gave me,I love them,one by one,but I'm worried for them,I fear that there will be the time where they will be "slaves"of the Dajjal,thinking that staying on internet is a good thing made to learn more,while they could have a better life taking the best of it from what of beautiful the Nature has got.I miss the mountains,the sea,the waterfalls,but when I watch on internet it seems to be there,and it's wrong by myself,.I just use it to come on tti or to look for something interesting for me,but if someone uses internet wrongly,he can lose the best moments of his life...Maybe I'm wrong,but do you know how I feel?I feel like a fish out of water,I miss the air to breath freely,I feel poisoned from what of "good" the Dajjal gives to me,because I know that it harms me,but I have to use it,until I decide to unplug the connection and I return to the reality,like if I've been abducted.For the disbeliever I'm surely foolish,for the believer maybe I'm fanatic,I'd like to stay on the middle way and decide when to say "stop":now I can't do it because the one who I love doesn't walk at my same "radio-wave".I really hope that one day everybody will wake up.I will do my best to share more poems on tti,in sh Allah!o_O