Crazy! Don't take the cinnamon cha.......

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:

:salam:

greeting.
MDs warn teens: Don't take the cinnamon challenge.

News2013
Associated Press
Don't take the cinnamon challenge. That's the advice from doctors in a new report about a dangerous prank depicted in popular YouTube videos that has led to hospitalizations and a surge in calls to U.S. poison centers.
The fad involves daring someone to swallow a spoonful of ground cinnamon in 60 seconds without water. But the spice is caustic, and trying to gulp it down can cause choking, throat irritation, breathing trouble and even collapsed lungs, the report said.
Published online Monday in Pediatrics, the report said at least 30 teens nationwide needed medical attention after taking the "challenge" last year.
The number of poison control center calls about teens doing the prank "has increased dramatically," from 51 in 2011 to 222 last year, according to the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

"People with asthma or other respiratory conditions are at greater risk of having this result in shortness of breath and trouble breathing," according to an alert posted on the association's website.
Thousands of YouTube videos depict kids attempting the stunt, resulting in an "orange burst of dragon breath" spewing out of their mouths and sometimes hysterical laughter from friends watching, said report co-author Dr. Steven E. Lipshultz, a pediatrics professor at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine.
Cinnamon is made from tree bark and contains cellulose fibers that don't easily break down. Animal research suggests that when cinnamon gets into the lungs, it can cause scarring, Lipshultz said.
Dr. Stephen Pont, a spokesman for the American Academy of Pediatrics and an Austin, Texas pediatrician, said the report is "a call to arms to parents and doctors to be aware of things like the cinnamon challenge" and to pay attention to what their kids are viewing online.
An Ypsilanti, Mich., teen who was hospitalized for a collapsed lung after trying the cinnamon challenge heartily supports the new advice and started her own website - at the site she telling teens to "just say no" to the fad.
Dejah Reed, 16, said she took the challenge four times - the final time was in February last year with a friend who didn't want to try it alone.
"I was laughing very hard and I coughed it out and I inhaled it into my lungs," she said. "I couldn't breathe."
Her father, Fred Reed, said he arrived home soon after to find Dejah "a pale bluish color. It was very terrifying. I threw her over my shoulder" and drove to a nearby emergency room.
Dejah was hospitalized for four days and went home with an inhaler and said she still has to use it when she gets short of breath from running or talking too fast. Her dad said she'd never had asthma or breathing problems before.
Dejah said she'd read about the challenge on Facebook and other social networking sites and "thought it would be cool" to try.
Now she knows "it's not cool and it's dangerous."

Related video.
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS:Cinnamon Challenge
Doctors Warn of 'Cinnamon Challenge' Lung Damage

They are trying to kill themselves without
even knowing it .

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslims~Amin!

Thank you for reading,
Take care,
~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Related video.
Doctors Warn of 'Cinnamon Challenge' Lung Damage.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Related video.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Related video.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Related video.
DO NOT FOLLOW THIS:to other Challenge too
WARNING!
other Challenge too.

Thank you for reading/watching.
Take care,
~Wassalam

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
This seems to similar stupidity like for example "water poker" (in my country one 12-year old girl died at the last year when "played" it with friends and drunk over 6 liters water during short time) or breathing helium from balloons or helium tanks (it causes funny "Micky Mouse"- voice but may also cause suffocation).

o_O

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
This seems to similar stupidity like for example "water poker" (in my country one 12-year old girl died at the last year when "played" it with friends and drunk over 6 liters water during short time) or breathing helium from balloons or helium tanks (it causes funny "Micky Mouse"- voice but may also cause suffocation).

o_O
true!
some call it 'dare devil' And definitely it's the devils' work alright that
make them do all those silly life's staking !
hope they realize it before it's too late.

Thank you for passing by sis
Have a great weekend
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,I've just made that "cinnamom challenge",it was stronger than me and I felt a little stupid.I wanted to test if it was true,and I have to say that it made me no effect.it was chilly on my tongue,but I resisted more than 10 seconds without drinking the water.maybe I'm already among the ones who are at risk,but in my life I've always eaten any kind of spices,so I'm habitued:rolleyes-1:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:astaghfirullah:
my dearest sister,
when i posted the article above it already explained clearly that too much of cinnamon can caused side effect that in particular has nothing to do with you got used to it
read this> http://digitaljournal.com/article/323339
too much of anything is bad thing so please sister take advice and stay safe don't risk yourself .life is not a gamble.

Take care,
~Wassalam

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
Assalamu'alaikum!

Too much cinnamon dangerous to your health.

Cinnamon has the potential to cause several dangerous medical side effects because of the coumarin it contains. Amounts normally used could cause serious health issues.

Commonly used amounts of cinnamon may cause adverse health effects due to its content of coumarin, according to a new study in Norway published in the journal Food and Chemical Toxicology. Coumarin is toxic to the liver, is an anticoagulant (it thins the blood), and causes cancer in rodents. The Norwegian researchers established a new Tolerable Daily Intake (TDI) for coumarin of 0.07 mg per kg of bodyweight per day. By using cinnamon on oatmeal or other cereals just a few times a week, it’s estimated that the TDI in children and adults can be greatly exceeded. Researches stated that even a few weeks of ingesting high amounts of coumarin can be dangerous to our health.

Another group of researchers had previously proven that the absorption of coumarin from Cassia cinnamon is almost the same as that absorbed from isolated (pure) coumarin. Thus, we can rely on the TDI for coumarin to measure the risk of coumarin ingestion from cinnamon. This study was performed on humans, and was published in the journalMolecular Nutrition & Food Research.

The type of cinnamon used might be part of the problem. There are two main types of cinnamon, Cassia and Ceylon. The Cassia cinnamon powder has much more coumarin than the Ceylon type. It’s hard to detect which type is Ceylon if you buy the powder form, although Ceylon has a more subtle flavour. But if you buy cinnamon sticks, the Ceylon bark will have many thin layers.

Cassia cinnamon should only be used sparingly, as a very light sprinkling, and not in teaspoon amounts. The safer option is to use the Ceylon type.

Read more:http://digitaljournal.com/article/323339#ixzz2SE1JsZ81
only take when you need to use
example; cooking or baking.Do Not ABUSE it.

Thank you for reading,
Take care,
~Wassalam :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
This whole challenge thing is pretty much silly and idiotic. Those guys and gals need to find better things to do with their time...

And, uh, yuck! Those videos are really gross! Poor grandma :( That one was especially not funny, at all!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

Seen cinnamon challenge video before, - what very strange sense of "fun" some people have !

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
it's a really strange way to have fun...and me,I did it and was like them for a while:dejection:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
respected sister Queenislam,I don't know the reason why you responded to my "dislike" with another one.I was coherent with the matter,when I watched the last video,I thought that guys around the world have nothing to do.thyen I posted the "dislike" because I didn't like what the guy made and I disliked the fact that we already have seen enough videos about tha strange challenge,but it has nothing to do with TTI.if I tried that challenge it was thanks to your video,if you didn't post that,maybe I would have never known about it