7 tips for improving your relationship with the Quran

brother4ever

:salam2:
My Dear Brother & Sister

Are you one of those people who rarely touches the Quran? Or do you read daily, but don't find it is having the impact on you that it should? Whatever the case may be, these are some simple tips that can help you connect with the Quran.

1. Before you touch it, check your heart:-The key to really benefiting from the Quran is to check your heart first, before you even touch Allah's
book. Ask yourself, honestly, why you are reading it.Is it to just get some information and to let it drift away from you later? Remember that the Prophet
Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) was described by his wife as a "walking Quran": in other words, he didn't just read and recite the Quran, he
lived it.

2. Do your Wudu (ablution):-Doing your Wudu is good physical and mental preparation to remind you you're not reading just another book. You are about to interact with God, so being clean should be a priority when communicating with Him.

3. Read only 5 minutes everyday:-Too often, we think we should read Quran for at least one whole hour. If you aren't in the habit of reading
regularly, this is too much. Start off with just five minutes daily. If you took care of step one, Inshallah (God willing), you will notice that those five
minutes will become ten, then half an hour, then an hour, and maybe even more!

4. Make sure you understand what you've read:-Five minutes of reading the Quran in Arabic is good,but you need to understand what you're reading. Make sure you have a good translation of the Quran in the language you understand best. Always try to read the translation of what you've read that day .

5. Remember, the Quran is more interactive than a CD:-In an age of "interactive" CD-Roms and computer programs, a number of people think books are passive and boring. But the Quran is not like that. Remember that when you read Quran, you are interacting with Allah. He is talking to you, so pay attention.

6. Don't just read, listen too:-There are now many audio cassettes and CDs of the Quran, a number of them with translations as well.This is great to put on your walkman or your car's CD or stereo as you drive to and from work. Use this in addition to your daily Quran reading, not as a
replacement for it.

7. Make Dua (supplication):-Ask Allah to guide you when you read the Quran. Your aim is to sincerely, for the love of Allah, interact with Him by reading, understanding and applying His blessed words. Making Dua to Allah for help and guidance will be your best tool for doing this.

It's my request to everyone just prey for every muslim that ALLAH will give us tofique to implements these tips in our life.

ALLAH HAFIZ
Ur Brother

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaam

JazakAllah khayr for these great tips bro......may Allah reward you..

wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Well done

:salam2:

MashAllah... this is very good tips...Shukran Jazeelan...
JazakAllah khairan....Another piece beautifully produced by bro4ever...
InshAllah i will implement it...
i only read the quran during weekends...

brother4ever

By mistaken I post twice this thread how can i delete that thread of 7 tips for improving your relationship with the Quran

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

Jazakallaahu Khayr for that very useful information. Don't worry I already merged the two threads :)

Barakallaahu Feek

Umm Aysha

*Strive for Jannah*
Wa alaykum salaaaaaaaam sis

looool.....i have the trigger fingers :p i work fast.....hehe

BrakAllah feekum sis...

wasalam

Mujaddid Ibn Abdullah

Without making a good relationship with Quran, we just blame ourselves. The tips you given above are really usefull. Just a suggestion from me, it would be more optimized if you gave some Ayah & hadith regarding this topics. Jajakalah khayr.