Sisters can A wife call her husband by his real name?

deen_islam_4ever

deen_islam_4every1
السلام عليكم
How r u my brothers and aisters ? I hope u r in good health and strong imaan. I have a question can a wife call her husband by his real name?
جزاك الله خير

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Yes of course she can, there is nothing in Islam to say she can not.

In some cultures, they have different customs, they use the Kunya such as "Abu Muhammad" or "Umm khadija" instead of the person's real name. If the man or woman does not like their name to be used and have an alternative way of being called, then this should be used. A wife or the husband should be mindful of treating each other with the most respect and using what is considered the best of words. in sha Allah.

Ron-Kid

HasbunAllahu wa ni`mal Wakil '
Yes of course you can call, there is nothing wrong at all. "Kuniya" brother mabsoot I suppose is most probably for others

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Yes of course you can call, there is nothing wrong at all. "Kuniya" brother mabsoot I suppose is most probably for others

In parts of the Middle East, the kuniya is used between husband and wife, in particular more conservative families.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
I didn't know there were people out there who don't like being called by their given names...especially by their spouse. This is slightly weird. (no offense to anyone obviously)

:salam"