London axe murder

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
The world is viewing Islam as a brutal, violent religion, and muslims are staying quiet about it and just blaming the media.

Yeah I don't think so.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/24/woolwich-murder-welby-british-muslims

Woolwich murder: Welby praises response of British Muslim bodies

Archbishop of Canterbury says UK's religious communities are in good position of co-operation and mutual support

The archbishop of Canterbury has praised British Muslim organisations for their response to the murder of Lee Rigby, saying that the UK's different religious communities are in a good position of co-operation and mutual support.

"We have all been appalled by the brutal murder of Drummer Lee Rigby in Woolwich," said Justin Welby during a joint appearance in Leicester with Sheikh Ibrahim Mogra, the assistant secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain.

After offering his prayers to the soldier's family, colleagues and comrades, as well as those who had been affected within the community, the archbishop praised the way in which religious groups had reacted.

"I want to recognise the response of churches, mosques and other faith and civil society groups, as well as those of brave individuals who have done so much to bring our communities together at this time," he said.

"The strong response of the Muslim Council of Britain and many other organisations has rightly emphasised that these acts have no place in Islam."

Welby described Leicester as a shining example of how religious communities work together, adding: "We are in a good position. There's very good foundations which have been laid over the last few years. It's very solid and I'm highly confident."

Mogra condemned the murder of Rigby as barbaric and pointed out that Muslims had a long, proud and honourable tradition of serving in the British armed forces.

He also called for all Britain's communities to come together, adding that some Muslims were concerned about a backlash following the killing. "But we hope that the police … will ensure law and order is maintained," he said. "If we begin to cower and hide ourselves away we allow the terrorists to win."

He added: "After the 9/11 incident, the London bombings and during the visit of the English Defence League to Leicester, the Leicester communities have all stood together, shoulder to shoulder.

"We had a tremendous public show of support for the Muslim communities after the terrorist attacks, where religious leaders, community leaders, people from all walks of life stood with us, shoulder to shoulder, and the peace has continued.

"This is one of the strengths that our country has, where people are able to make a distinction between law-abiding, peaceful citizens and the criminals."

Cariad

Listen to yourselves. I am shocked at some of your attitudes as muslims. This was an horrific act you should feel sorry that the perpetrators have chosen to do this in the name of your religion. The man was a soldier for that does he deserve to be hacked to death in a public street!!! When a person joins the army he serves his country and as such has little choice where he ends up or what he has to do. This was one man, is it just that he be held to blame for the actions of the establishment?

The death of the muslim man in Birmingham is a cause for great sadness as is any death. You place the blame on a Christian man for carrying out this atrocity yet what makes you believe he was a Christian? Is it if he was not a muslim therefore he must be a Christian? What nonsensical reasoning. This may come as a shock to you but not everyone in the UK who is not a muslim therefore follows is a Christian.. There are many godless people in existence. If he this murderer went about committing such an evil act whilst invoking the name of Christ..then to a man the Christian community would disown him as by his actions he would not be a Christians. We are bound to follow the teachings of Christ as you do follow Mohammeds. Christ taught that we must not kill, that we must love our enemies. I am grossly offended my the mere suggestion that in some way muslims claim the higher ground in such matters.

There is no eye for an eye, there is no revenge, there is no taking of another's life in the New Testament, which is the new convenant with Yahweh that we adhere to. There is only compassion, forgiveness and love. So just as I can have sympathy and compassion for the murdered soldier and the murdered muslim man or woman I also have to have forgiveness for the evil people who committed the crimes. It is easy for me to forgive because I know that Yahweh sits in final judgement and the guilty all have to answer for their sins.

So for those of you who hold a harshness in your hearts against those who do not share your faith I pray that you will see that such a belief is akin to pride and arrogance...which are both sins. Before passing judgements or excusing unacceptable actions I humbly ask you to see things from the prospective of the human and not the religious, because whilst there are bad people in all faiths and of no faith, any religion true to God in both spirit and actions has no room for violence.

Peace and love to you from a Christian sister. X

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

If i have understood right, they killed a soldier that was part of the army of a country that is in war with muslims, what is wrong in what they did?

Jazakumullahu khayran.

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh.

I'm appalled at the fact that you see nothing wrong with this incident, brother. What was done to that guy was wrong, wrong, wrong!

Those fellas had no right to do what they did (and in that manner especially!!). Individuals cannot, under no circumstance, carryout hadd punishment on anyone (soldier or not) without a clear authority of a Muslim ruler. There has been a scholarly consensus (ijmaa`) on this issue.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

If i have understood right, they killed a soldier that was part of the army of a country that is in war with muslims, what is wrong in what they did?

Jazakumullahu khayran.

wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

There are a lot of things wrong with what they did,

Firstly, these are not actions that have any basis in the Qur'an and Sunnah, nor is there any scholar from the past or present who would allow this. What they did was murder.

The soldier was back home, with his family and two year old child, and not in war.

The two men ran him over in a car, took him into the middle of the street and hacked him into pieces with knives.

They are living in this country (the UK) as citizens. They have a covenant with the government and police to abide by the law. If they do not like it, then they should leave.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Listen to yourselves. I am shocked at some of your attitudes as muslims.

Sister, who are you referring to? If you've read all of the posts clearly (save for G4KBJ's), you would see that none of us are in agreement with the actions of those two men.
It's against the teachings of Islaam.

Cariad

Sister, who are you referring to? If you've read all of the posts clearly (save for G4KBJ's), you would see that none of us are in agreement with the actions of those two men.
It's against the teachings of Islaam.

I did not mention names as they themselves know what they meant. I was shocked at G4KBJ's post but also found disturbing Mabsoot's introduction of the matter of the muslim man in Birmingham, which had nothing to do with the case in point, other than to use as some kind of eye for an eye excuse. Like we don't already know that bad things happen to good people all the time.

You say this action is against the teachings of Islam, and for sure you are right it is against the teachings of Islam which every right minded muslim person understands as well as every right minded person knows not to blame all the muslim people for the actions of two evil men. However theses evil men seemed to believe they were acting in accordance with their faith...so why did they think this? Have they been taught wrong or have they misinterpreted the Quran themselves? Either scenario is a bad one because it can only lead to more violence and foster feelings of hate and resentment against the muslim community. There is a section of society waiting for such excuse as this action affords them to stir up feelings of hate against muslims...these are not Christians BTW..just hateful people who seize any opportunity.

It's not the media to blame for tarnishing the name of Islam but certain muslims such as these by there actions. It leaves you to pick up the pieces and deal with the flack. Everyone has a choice to make turn the other cheek or revenge for actions real or imagined. Revenge can only ever escalate into evil.

Accept my apologies as usual my comment as a non muslim has once again been viewed in a negative light.

peace.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
I'm really really sorry if somebody doesn't agree with me! I believe such barbarianism has no place in Islam. Our Holy Prophet Muhammad :saw: was known for his forgiveness and warmheartedness! We should feel ashamed of calling ourselves Muslims.
Clearly I feel horrible about all that's happend and clearly not surprised at all that's (probably) going to happen as a response. True it is, Islam is not to be judged by the muslims we have today rather by the Quran itself and Sunnahs alongside.
We, as muslims, are supposed to be the true representatives of the true Islamic teachings! After all, isn't that what The Sahabah R.A and the Holy Prophet Muhammad PBUH did? I mean, I know, we can be no where near any of them but we can try for sure, cant we?!
Anyway, I clearly condemn what happened in London and sincerely hope and pray, nothing of this sort ever happens again, to anyone, belonging to whatever faith. I wish patience to the victim's family and guidance to the entire humanity, including those Muslims of today who don't know one ayah of the quran and yet use it (and hence Islam) for pure evil (with or without realizing it!)!
May Allah SWT help us follow the real Islamic teachings! Amen!
Allahu Akbar

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
:bismillah:
:salam:
Watched over news last night; the two Nigerian hackers/butchers were not even Muslims !
And even they shouted Allahu Akbar upon what ever act that doesn't make them Muslims!!!
Was those attacked applied to confused non-Muslims making them hate Muslims/Islam more.
Especially in London and any other part of the world? the wiser non-Muslims will understand but what about the people who are not aware on the fabricated acts of meaning to cause public misconception and stir peace to hate causing chaos among the public.

Definitely this is unfair to us, Muslims.

~May Allah swt help and protect all Muslims ~Amin!

Woolwich Attack shot by UK Police.
Woolwich attack: Police statement
Thank you!
~Wassalam

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Watched over news last night; the two Nigerian hackers/butchers were not even Muslims !
And even they shouted Allahu Akbar upon what ever act that doesn't make them Muslims!!!
Was those attacked applied to confused non-Muslims making them hate Muslims/Islam more.
Especially in London and any other part of the world? the wiser non-Muslims will understand but what about the people who are not aware on the fabricated acts of meaning to cause public misconception and stir peace to hate causing chaos among the public.

Thank you!
~Wassalam

Never thought of it like that Ukhti, JazakAllah Khairan for your post!
May Allah SWT make it easy for those on Haq and may He guide the ones on the wrong path! Amen

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:
... the two Nigerian hackers/butchers were not even Muslims !...

Does anyone have verification for this? I found some video where the local imam says the attackers had never been seen at the mosque, but that does not mean they weren't muslim.
If they were not, something very different was going on. It does not change how we condemn the attack, or the need for us to convey the correct aqeedah

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:wasalam:

Does anyone have verification for this? I found some video where the local imam says the attackers had never been seen at the mosque, but that does not mean they weren't muslim.
If they were not, something very different was going on. It does not change how we condemn the attack, or the need for us to convey the correct aqeedah

Assalamu alaykum,

Allah knows best, but from what I see they were Muslims. Muslims are humans like everyone else and capable of the most horrific of crimes. Of course, it does not mean they are following Islam in all its tenets, which clearly forbids what they have done.

esperanza

revert of many years
Janaan, you are mistaken in how you have perceived my response. I feel grief over EVERYONE who has died and has been murdered. But the subject of my grief and anger right now is why are muslims doing it and then citing Islam as the impetus. That is what is disturbing, and that is why muslims in the west should be more proactive in being vocal about this.

In fact, regarding the 70 year old muslim man, I live an ocean apart from Birmingham yet I did hear about it when it happened. I don't think you should assume I did not feel sad or angered by that attack. The nonmuslim that killed him is the lowest of the low; muslims should not commit similar crimes.

i live far away from britain ..... i heard in minutes as breaking news that a " muslim" had supposedly brutally murdered a soldier

yet iheard nothing at all about the 70 old muslim stabbed to death until someone wrote an article comparing the two

Cariad

Thank you!
~Wassalam

Unfair to you muslims!!! I would say in this case it was most definitely unfair to the Soldier who lost his life in such a senseless and barbaric act, leaving his parents bereft without their son and his own small son without a father.

The perpetrators were muslims, you may not like that fact but its how it is. If there is any unfairness directed at muslims in this case it is by the two perpetrators who by their actions have once again tarnished the name of Islam and makes it hard for less informed muslims to see Islam as a religion of peace.

Cariad

i live far away from britain ..... i heard in minutes as breaking news that a " muslim" had supposedly brutally murdered a soldier

yet iheard nothing at all about the 70 old muslim stabbed to death until someone wrote an article comparing the two

What's with "muslim" and supposedly...a muslim brutally murdered a soldier. The facts are clear. Actually the crime of the muslim gentleman has been reported in the UK. In fact recently it was featured on a TV programme called "Crimewatch", appealing for information from the public in the hope of witnesses coming forward. It was a crime, in the UK religion is not used as a reason to prioritise solving crimes, especially something as serious as murder. The Police will not close the case until the murderer is found and brought to justice. I pray it will be soon and the family concerned can grieve their lost loved one.

Cariad

Assalamu alaykum,

Allah knows best, but from what I see they were Muslims. Muslims are humans like everyone else and capable of the most horrific of crimes. Of course, it does not mean they are following Islam in all its tenets, which clearly forbids what they have done.

I do not have the facility to thank posts or like or agree.. I would like to thank Mabsoot for this post and I also agree with it. Not that any of you would be bothered either way....:)

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
I do not have the facility to thank posts or like or agree.. I would like to thank Mabsoot for this post and I also agree with it. Not that any of you would be bothered either way....:)

Hello Cariad, well you should tell Mabsoot about this problem, that you can not like posts, agree etc. or re-enter your profile details, i also see your name with different colour.
Sure is a tehnical problem this ''facility'' and not connected with your different views or the fact that we are not bothered by your opinions as you seem to think :)

Cariad

Hello Cariad, well you should tell Mabsoot about this problem, that you can not like posts, agree etc. or re-enter your profile details, i also see your name with different colour.
Sure is a tehnical problem this ''facility'' and not connected with your different views or the fact that we are not bothered by your opinions as you seem to think :)

Hello Hajjerr, thank you for this, I really never thought it was because I was not Muslim that I am having these technical problems. :) I never thought about the profile. I will ask Mabsoot about it.

Peace. X