"The Light Of Islam Will Rise In The West"

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Or so I'm lead to believe the Nabi (salli Allahu alaiyi wa salaam) said.

Was he referring to Andalusia or to something else?

Am I being chauvinistic if I hope it's a revert lead revival of true Islam (i.e. people following the Sunnah without any cultural baggage)?

omayrat

:salam2:

I beleive this is true. Just take a look around us today, there are people from all over the west converting every day.
It's funny that you bring this up because just yesterday my brother and i were discussing how the majority of people who pray their five daily prayers in the mosque and never miss a Friday prayer are those who do not already come from an islamic or arab background. :ma:
So I beleive that the light of Islam is already rising in the west. :mashallah:

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Wa alaykum as salaam wa ramatul'Allahi wa barakatu

That's good to know, masha'Allah. But are they having an effect on the born Muslims in the masjid? LIke making them re-examine their commitment (or lack of it in some cases)?

omayrat

Wa alaykum as salaam wa ramatul'Allahi wa barakatu

That's good to know, masha'Allah. But are they having an effect on the born Muslims in the masjid? LIke making them re-examine their commitment (or lack of it in some cases)?

Most definitely!
I know it made me rethink my commitment. I find that people who are from the west or new Muslims take more of a proactive approach when help is needed with major events at the masjid, dawa and in even correcting ones prayer. :ma: which I have to say does not go down well with some of people.
They are setting an example for the teenagers that are growing up in the west who only go to the mosque only on Fridays, showing them that although we live in the west, we can still follow the Sunnah and does not matter what race you come from we are all one ummah. It's wonderful!
:subhanallah:

Muhammad_A

Penguin fancier
Insha'Allah this honky's personal example of NOT rocking up to salats in jeans and trainers will rub off on some of my brothers too :D

(though, to be fair, the number of Muslims who pray dressed like that is relatively small round here, and mainly of the older generation (mine + 10))

zientje

the light of islam will rise in the west.....i think this is a misinterpretation of a proffesie witch sais that the sun will rise in the west,witch she doesn't normally does,she rises in the east but with Allah's permition she will rise in the west ,this is one of the big singnes to come....SoubhanAllah!!!

IbnAlAawam

... those who do not already come from an islamic or arab background. :ma:

Lol, not around my mosque ;-) Also I believe Islam already did shine in Muslim Spain and is still alive in the Maghreb.
Inshaallah, there will be a revival and I don't mind where it will come from, it might come from the West one more time, who knows.

May Allah guide us all and unite the Umma,

omayrat

Just on the topic of masjids, I feel a little disappointed when I see signs on the Masjids like "The Bosnian Australian Masjid" or the “Turkish Australian Masjid" why? Why have a disconnecting sign like that?
It's a place to worship Allah (SWT) race and nationality should not be a part of it.

aisha ali

i think wat u said it true mosque is aplace of worship and it should not be named after any race or land,i saw this in germany asmall village where the mosque was called turkish mosque and the first time i was amazed coz i thought it was only for turks.

subhanallah!

may Allah guide us to the right path.

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
Just on the topic of masjids, I feel a little disappointed when I see signs on the Masjids like "The Bosnian Australian Masjid" or the “Turkish Australian Masjid" why? Why have a disconnecting sign like that?
It's a place to worship Allah (SWT) race and nationality should not be a part of it.

I guess it's better to name mosques after Sahaba's to atone for the issue. No colors or races in Islam. Only one's deeds (how we judge) and heart (how Allah swt) judges are to be taken into account.

justoneofmillion

Lol, not around my mosque ;-) Also I believe Islam already did shine in Muslim Spain and is still alive in the Maghreb.
Inshaallah, there will be a revival and I don't mind where it will come from, it might come from the West one more time, who knows.

May Allah guide us all and unite the Umma,

assalam,that is true i agree i have friends in the maghreb Algeria,Morocco...etc Islam is very alive there it is only the regimes that are trying hard to kind of surpress it but for how long can they though........i don`t think that long we that are here in the west kinda enjoy a certain "freedom" that is related to our aims we do not intend to establish an islamic state here.at least not yet...lol but in Dar al salam people want Islam back no question and they are the ones suffering for striving to serve the deen.not us ..but really suffering......jail,torture,menaces against their families ...etc.just a matter of time inschallah opression produces a reactionary tendency so yes and the more they attack islam the more muslims will strive to defend it the east and west thing is sometimes true but not always i believe everybody brings a little of his culture,food,literature,history...etc with him the important i believe is to stick to the Quraan and sunnah and to get ride of any cultural tendency that may oppose these absolute references,culture is a big word and nobody would tell me that the menthol leaves tea and the sweets that go with it are contrary to the teachings of islam.........lol there is a lot of bidaa everywhere(also a lot of sufi or ahmadia converts ...etc) but especially us here in the west i believe have to learn the complexity of the situation and not generalise,that is however my humble opinion and Allah swt knows best:)

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
salaam alikom

I really dont understand why people call revert Muslim or born Muslim, whats the difference ? Muslim is a Muslim there is no differences

How Islam came to the people in the west to the far east By Muslims !! who else would brought it..?

Muslim is a Muslim there is no difference between revert or born Muslim so stop calling your self revert Muslim or born Muslim.

Subhan Allah the prophet peace be up on him said there is no difference between Arabi or Ajami Except by Taqwa but we still insist on calling each other names.

Islam will rise where ever Allah s.w.t want it to rise
the prophet peace be up on him said (meaning of hadith) Islam will enter every home on this earth either the owner of the house will like it or not Islam will enter every house on this earth, and that whats happening now days tell me one house didnt hear about Islam?

Wa salaam alikom