Assalam Alikuim

Whysper

Assalam Alikuim,

I do wish to say thank you, for allowing me into your community here :)

I am writing to you from Canada, Ontario :) I am an unpracticing Muslim, looking to gain other muslim friends to help build my faith. Right now it is fading fast, and know I need to reach out before it completely goes.

I woke up with a heavy heart, like I do everyday for the past few months now. But today something was different. I started researching different duas and different passages anything to help me.

Right now, I am so very, very lost. I cry all the time. I have nobody I can talk to. But know I need much Islamic advice.

So I found this site, and I can only pray that I might find some comfort and advice here.

But after what I did, can I even be accepted in an Islamic society? I guess only time can tell right?

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Asalaam,

It is never too late. Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala is the Most Forgiving the Most Merciful. If you sincerely repent and practice the five pillars you have a chance.

The solution to your depression is the Holy Qur'an. Read it every day or a translation of it if you do not know Arabic. Depression is a drug from satan and the medicine for it is the Holy Qur'an. The further away you are from Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala the closer you are to satan.

By the way it is not for us to judge you, once you re-submit yourself to Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala then you can proudly call yourself a Muslim Alhamdulilah.

I know also that living in a society of non Muslims has it's challenges. If you can try and be with fellow believers then try your best to do so otherwise you will sink into the abyss with the non believers and their constant denying of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala as the One True God.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Sis do not reveal your sins to others as it is between you and Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. He forgives whom He Wills.
We can't judge you, only Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala can judge us and He is the best of Judges.

Pray, Dhikr, Du'a, repent.

If it's a comfort we ALL sin.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh, sister.

First, welcome to the site. I hope you'll benefit from it.

Please watch this, dear ukhty.

May Allaah `azza wa jallaa keep us firm our faith.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum sister,

Welcome to TurnToIslam!!

I've removed what you've mentioned in the post above simply because this is a public forum and there are sensitive issues that is better for you to discuss in the Sisters Only Section (Sisters Club) inshallah. I'm sure you will understand inshallah, jazakillahu khayran!

Whysper

Assalamu Alaykum sister,

Welcome to TurnToIslam!!

I've removed what you've mentioned in the post above simply because this is a public forum and there are sensitive issues that is better for you to discuss in the Sisters Only Section (Sisters Club) inshallah. I'm sure you will understand inshallah, jazakillahu khayran!

Walikum Saalam

Thank you for the correction, I do understand and do appreciate it.

Whysper

Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh, sister.

First, welcome to the site. I hope you'll benefit from it.

Please watch this, dear ukhty.

Thank you for that truly moving little video my sister. It did actually bring some comfort

"May Allaah `azza wa jallaa keep us firm our faith."

Ameen

Whysper

Thank you all for your kind words, and your warm welcome. I look forward to getting to know all of you :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam:
Assalam-o-alikum,

Sister, We are only humans so inevitably we will make mistakes and commit sins from time to time. Often, we tend to despair when we commit a sin. But Alhamdullilah, our forgiveness is only a prayer away. We don’t need any intercessors. We don’t have to pray to anyone else. We have a direct link to Allah (SWT). MashaAllah what a beautiful religion Islam is.

On the authority of Anas (RA), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say:
Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness as great as that.”

To receive forgiveness from God there are three requirements:
1. Recognizing the offense itself and its admission before God.
2. Making a commitment not to repeat the offense.
3. Asking for forgiveness from God.

If the offense was committed against another human being, or against society, a fourth condition is added:
1. Recognizing the offense before those against whom offense was committed and before Allah.
2. Committing oneself not to repeat the offense.
3. Doing whatever needs to be done to rectify the offense (within reason) and asking pardon of the offended party.
4. Asking Allah for forgiveness.

There are no particular words to say for asking forgiveness. However, Muslims are taught many phrases and words to keep repeating daily asking God’s forgiveness. For example:
* Astaghfiru-Allah, “I ask forgiveness from Allah”
* Subhanaka-Allah humma wa bi hamdika wa ash-hadu al la Ilaha illa Anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk, “Glory be to You, Allah, and with You Praise (thanks) and I bear witness that there is no deity but You, I ask Your forgiveness and I return to You (in obedience)”.

As all human being commit sins, therefore Allah (SWT) encourages people to repent to Him, and He (SWT) says:
“And your Lord said: ‘Invoke Me, (i.e. believe in My Oneness, and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not invoke Me,) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation.” (Ghaafir 40:60).

”If they then repent, it will be better for them, but if they turn away, Allah will punish them with a painful torment in this worldly life and in the Hereafter. And there is none for them on earth as a Wali (supporter, protector) or a helper.” (At-Tawbah 9:74)

Repentance from all sins is obligatory on every adult Muslim. This is emphasized by Allah is His saying: “And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.” (An-Noor 24:31)

In a Hadith the Messenger of Allah (SAW) says:
“O people! Repent to Allah and seek for His forgiveness. I repent to Him in a day 100 times.” (Muslim).

The Prophet (SAW) has also informed us that repentance can be done any time during the day or night. Abu Musaa Al-Ash‘aree narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said:
“Allah holds out His Hand during the night to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the day and holds outs His Hand during the day to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the night.” (Muslim)

And to emphasize how much Allah’s loves when His servant repents to Him, the Prophet (SAW) said:
“Allah is happier when a servant of His repents to Him than a man who was on his camel in a waterless desert and the camel escaped from him with his food and water. When he has lost hope of finding it, he retired to a tree and lied down under its shade. As he was there, the camel suddenly appeared in front of him. He took hold of its halter and said in his state of excessive joy: ‘O my Lord You are my servant and I am Your Lord’. He uttered this erronious statement as a result of his being over-joyed.”(Muslim)

The Doors of repentance ares open for you and for all people all the time until their death. So sister, do not dispair and be happy that you are going to get the best reward possibly in this world and for sure in the hereafter if you repent and ask for your forgiveness from Allah (SWT) no matter what kind of and how big the sins are. One proof of Allah's Mercy on you is that He has guided you to this website where you can learn a lot about Islam and InshaAllah this will help you in becoming a very good Muslimah. Ameen.

See you around Sister.
Wassalam.
:wasalam:

Whysper

Assalam-o-alikum,

Sister, We are only humans so inevitably we will make mistakes and commit sins from time to time. Often, we tend to despair when we commit a sin. But Alhamdullilah, our forgiveness is only a prayer away. We don’t need any intercessors. We don’t have to pray to anyone else. We have a direct link to Allah (SWT). MashaAllah what a beautiful religion Islam is.

On the authority of Anas (RA), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say:
Allah the Almighty has said: “O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness as great as that.”

To receive forgiveness from God there are three requirements:
1. Recognizing the offense itself and its admission before God.
2. Making a commitment not to repeat the offense.
3. Asking for forgiveness from God.

If the offense was committed against another human being, or against society, a fourth condition is added:
1. Recognizing the offense before those against whom offense was committed and before Allah.
2. Committing oneself not to repeat the offense.
3. Doing whatever needs to be done to rectify the offense (within reason) and asking pardon of the offended party.
4. Asking Allah for forgiveness.

There are no particular words to say for asking forgiveness. However, Muslims are taught many phrases and words to keep repeating daily asking God’s forgiveness. For example:
* Astaghfiru-Allah, “I ask forgiveness from Allah”
* Subhanaka-Allah humma wa bi hamdika wa ash-hadu al la Ilaha illa Anta astaghfiruka wa atubu ilayk, “Glory be to You, Allah, and with You Praise (thanks) and I bear witness that there is no deity but You, I ask Your forgiveness and I return to You (in obedience)”.

As all human being commit sins, therefore Allah (SWT) encourages people to repent to Him, and He (SWT) says:
“And your Lord said: ‘Invoke Me, (i.e. believe in My Oneness, and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily! Those who scorn My worship (i.e. do not invoke Me,) they will surely enter Hell in humiliation.” (Ghaafir 40:60).

”If they then repent, it will be better for them, but if they turn away, Allah will punish them with a painful torment in this worldly life and in the Hereafter. And there is none for them on earth as a Wali (supporter, protector) or a helper.” (At-Tawbah 9:74)

Repentance from all sins is obligatory on every adult Muslim. This is emphasized by Allah is His saying: “And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful.” (An-Noor 24:31)

In a Hadith the Messenger of Allah (SAW) says:
“O people! Repent to Allah and seek for His forgiveness. I repent to Him in a day 100 times.” (Muslim).

The Prophet (SAW) has also informed us that repentance can be done any time during the day or night. Abu Musaa Al-Ash‘aree narrated that the Prophet (SAW) said:
“Allah holds out His Hand during the night to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the day and holds outs His Hand during the day to receive the repentance of the one who has committed wrong during the night.” (Muslim)

And to emphasize how much Allah’s loves when His servant repents to Him, the Prophet (SAW) said:
“Allah is happier when a servant of His repents to Him than a man who was on his camel in a waterless desert and the camel escaped from him with his food and water. When he has lost hope of finding it, he retired to a tree and lied down under its shade. As he was there, the camel suddenly appeared in front of him. He took hold of its halter and said in his state of excessive joy: ‘O my Lord You are my servant and I am Your Lord’. He uttered this erronious statement as a result of his being over-joyed.”(Muslim)

The Doors of repentance ares open for you and for all people all the time until their death. So sister, do not dispair and be happy that you are going to get the best reward possibly in this world and for sure in the hereafter if you repent and ask for your forgiveness from Allah (SWT) no matter what kind of and how big the sins are. One proof of Allah's Mercy on you is that He has guided you to this website where you can learn a lot about Islam and InshaAllah this will help you in becoming a very good Muslimah. Ameen.

See you around Sister.
Wassalam.

Walikum Salam my sister,

THANK YOU! That BEAUTIFUL post brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Thank you so much for the wonderful words of encouragment.

And I do look forward to embracing myself into this website, learning and growing with everybody :)

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Walikum Salam my sister,

THANK YOU! That BEAUTIFUL post brought tears to my eyes and hope to my heart. Thank you so much for the wonderful words of encouragment.

And I do look forward to embracing myself into this website, learning and growing with everybody :)

You are very very very much welcomed dear sister. :SMILY206:

But just to correct... I am a Brother. :)

And since I am older so probably I could be an Uncle too.

Toronto is a very big city with a huge and thriving Muslim population and I believe there are several sisters here who live in Toronto, only if they login and see your post then you may have a friend in person as compared to the digital ones.

But regardless our prayers and our Duas are with you, sister.

Whysper

You are very very very much welcomed dear sister. :SMILY206:

But just to correct... I am a Brother. :)

And since I am older so probably I could be an Uncle too.

Toronto is a very big city with a huge and thriving Muslim population and I believe there are several sisters here who live in Toronto, only if they login and see your post then you may have a friend in person as compared to the digital ones.

But regardless our prayers and our Duas are with you, sister.

Ooops :oops: my sincere apologies MY BROTHER!

And I do look forward to meeting people in real life, but for now, I am happy with the "digital" friends.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Sister you coming here is more than most Muslims out there. You reaching out and hoping for Iman and come closer to the din is what every Muslims strives for. You are a Muslim at heart. May Allah increase you iman and keep you on the straight path until you die. There is no reason to be negative, everything about you is positive! Masallah.