New member: BridgetS

BridgetS

:salam:

I'm Bridget, nice to meet you all. I became a revert two years ago. I've been doing the best I can, but I don't personally know any Muslims, and I need to learn (from correct sites and books, preferably). What drew me to Islam was hijab and the last sermon. I may not be very talkative, mostly because I'm unsure of the proper things to say (like the correct phrases in Arabic or the right things to put after names in parentheses) and it makes me worried that I'll offend someone. I guess that's about it. I'm grateful I found this site and look forward to learning here. Have a good day!

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:wasalam:
Congratulations on your reversion, and welcome to TTI!

Here you will find lots of resources to learn from, links and suggestions for more learning, and people, in shaa Allah.

I hope you enjoy your stay. May we all increase in beneficial knowledge, in shaa Allah*

* in shaa Allah - God willing (should always be mentioned when speaking of the future)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister!

Welcome to TurnToIslam! Mashallah!

Please don't worry, we are all here for you to help! And feel free to PM me if you want inshallah :)

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!

I'm Bridget, nice to meet you all. I became a revert two years ago. I've been doing the best I can, but I don't personally know any Muslims, and I need to learn (from correct sites and books, preferably). What drew me to Islam was hijab and the last sermon. I may not be very talkative, mostly because I'm unsure of the proper things to say (like the correct phrases in Arabic or the right things to put after names in parentheses) and it makes me worried that I'll offend someone. I guess that's about it. I'm grateful I found this site and look forward to learning here. Have a good day!

Wa Alaikkum Asalaam sis,

First of all welcome and secondly I admire your courage because you are surrounded by non believers. I, on the other hand, was fortunate to be in a country full of Muslims (practicing and non practicing) and I thank Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala for this help. Alhamdulilaah there is a masjid every few yards and I was initially helped by an Islamic Centre funded by the government.

Keep your faith sis and stay strong on your deen, satan will be trying to confuse you and he will put doubts in your mind. Read the Holy Qur'an or a translation of it and pray at the stipulated times, there is nothing like it Alhmadulilah.

I recommend quran.com for reading the Holy Qur'an and it has a link to sunnah.com which is a goldmine of information (Hadith and Sunnah ) of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam).

Salaam

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!

I may not be very talkative, mostly because I'm unsure of the proper things to say (like the correct phrases in Arabic or the right things to put after names in parentheses) and it makes me worried that I'll offend someone.

Common Arabic/Islamic Phrases/Words

As’alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you

Wa Alaikkum As’alaamu Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu
And the peace and blessings of Allah be upon you also

Kaifa Halek/Halik (male/female)
How are you?

Alhamdulilah ana bekhair
Thanks be to God I am fine

La Ilaha IllAllaah
There is no god but Allah

Audhu billahi minal shaitanil rajeem
I seek refuge in Allah from the accursed satan

Muhammad rasool Allah
Muhammad messenger of Allah

Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Salaam (said after the name of Prophet Muhammad)
Peace be upon him

Radhi Allahu Anhu (usually referred to the Sahaba and family of Muhammad)
Allah be pleased with him/her

Subhana Wa Ta’ Alah
Glory be to Allah the Most High

Alhamdulilah
Thanks be to God

Bismillah
In the name of Allah

Masha’Allah
As Allah Wills

Fisabilillah
For the sake of Allah

Jazakhallah Khair
May Allah reward you

Insha’Allah
God Willing

Allahu Akbar
God is the Greatest

Astaghfirullah
I seek forgiveness from Allah

Allahu Alum
Allah knows best

Salah/Salaat
Prayer/prayers

Du’a
Supplication

Wudhu
Ablution/Purification

Ghusl
Ablution with full body wash

Adhan
Call to prayer

Shahada
Declaration of faith

Imaan
Faith

Hajj
Pilgrimage to Mecca/Ka’ba (month of Dhul Hijjah)

Umra
Lesser pilgrimage (anytime other than the month of Dhul Hijjah)

Islam
Submission to Allah

Imam
A person who leads the prayers

Akhira
The Hereafter

Dunya
The created universe/our world

Fitna
Trials/Tribulations

Deen
Religion

Dawah
Call to religion/Education

Haram
Forbidden

Halal
Permissable

Fard
Obligatory

Hadith
Saying or tradition of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Sunnah
The example of the Prophet

Hijab
Covering for women

Khimar
Head scarf

Niqab
Face veil

Muhajaba
A woman who wears a hijab

Muntaqaba
A woman who wears a niqab

Niggie

Asalamu Alaikum every one:)

Im new here, i just joined about 1 week ago, and i don't know anyone yet..can u plz tell me more about this website??..thankss:hijabi:

BridgetS

I can't tell you how grateful I am for all of the help. I'm glad I found this site... Alhamdulilah. The responses here have helped me more than two years of being unsure of myself. Jazakhallah Khair to each of you. I'm so grateful.

And Niggie, it's nice to meet you! It seems like this site has people who can help you. What are you looking for?

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh dears sister BridgetS and Niggie welcome to TTI. In'sha'Allah both of you will find many beneficial reminder and knowledge. I don't know a lot of things either but in'sha'allah ask will will in'sha'allah help with whatever we can. Visit the sisters session too in'sha'allah we have many great discussions/activity going on.

Aliya Javed

Shyness is the most beautiful character
Welcome to TTI, dear Sisters Bridget and Niggie...don't worry we are here to help u. This is a very useful site..and sister Bridget I will help u with the articles...read it and gain more and more knowledge about Islam. If u have any problem then must ask. Don't be shy.;)