Crazy! I feel like crying!

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Okay so I had a heated argument with 3 atheists since they were insulting Muhammad :saw: and one of them clearly insulted me so much I feel like crying! That's all there is to it! Sorry about whining! :(

Nureyni Amir

Asalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh ukhty, In the path to goodness the evil will never accept things as it is. Take the prophet as example he was hit by rock in Taif, his own uncle Abu Jahl put filth on his back while he was prostrating so we should always expect some negative when we are preaching the message.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
don't worry,you are stronger than them and if you cry,you give them the impession that they've overcome.I was like you some years ago,now I let it go,if somebody has something against my religion,I don't say a word just to let him reflect.many times those who offense or use to insult others,in reality need more help than they image.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam:

Why'd you take on all of'em at once, dear sis? :S
Atheists. <sigh>
I have nothing to say about them besides that the are the ultimate followers of Desire and are even worse than Ibless (Allaah's curse be on him) as Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullaah) said:
(Denying the Divine attributes) implies complete denial which reaches the point that says: There is nothing that must exist and cannot have not existed. If he believes that and says: I do not affirm either existence or non-existence, then the answer to that is: Suppose you state that verbally and in your heart you do not believe either of the two; rather you turn away from knowing Allah and worshipping and remembering Him, so you never remember Him, worship Him, call upon Him, put your hope in Him or fear Him; (in that case) your denial of Him is worse than that of Iblees who (at least) acknowledged Him.
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 5/356

And Shaykh bin Baaz (rahimahullaah) said about them:
It is shirk to worship something other than Allah completely; that may be called shirk or kufr. Whoever turns away from Allah altogether and directs his worship to something other than Allah, such as trees, rocks, idols, the jinn or some of the dead, those whom they call awliya’ (“saints”), worshipping them or praying to them or fasting for them, and forgetting Allah altogether -- and this is the worst kind of kufr and shirk. We ask Allah to keep us safe and sound.
The same applies to denying the existence of Allah and saying that there is no God and life is material, like the Communists and atheists who deny the existence of Allah. These are the worst disbelievers among mankind, the most astray, the most involved in shirk and the most misguided.
We ask Allah to keep us safe and sound.
Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 4/32-33

But maashaa'Allaah, I see that you're serious about giving Da`wah but you must know that certain groups of people require more patience. They'll be mean to you and hurt your feelings no doubt because they don't want to hear that the path they're upon is not the correct one. They're stubborn and will try your patience.

If you find that you are unable to handle their abuse, then simply leave them be ukhty and if you have a brother, direct him to them and maybe he'll be able to get through to through to them.
But yes, just leave them alone. Don't contact them again - I'm assuming this happened on Facebook, so 'unfriend' them asap inshaa'Allaah.

And just a general advice, guys and gals, don't participate in debates. At all. You can give da`wah through other, better, means like a civil dialogue. But not through 'debate' - it only ever ends in heated arguments and name-calling and makes an arrogant person out of the 'winner'.

PS. I remember a brother here once posted something funny, he said "There are no Atheists in a falling Airplane". (Hope that made you smile, ukhty) : )

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
:salam: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh..here is somthng that may help you..inshaa Allah..so i went to a salath yesterday and the usthad said people asked him why you all do salaath at that place every month?(every first thursday the salaath takes place and people rush to come here :).alhamdulillah )...so he said why dont you come sit dua and see if your dua is not heard by Allahu SWT or not.. Because i am coming here my intentions have been fullfilled and so have others..so come and sit....he also said a story about our Prophet Muhammed Musthafa(salallahu alaihi wa sallam) that ...
once Abu jahl came to rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam )and asked are you Allahu SWT messenger?
prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said:yes i am Allahu SWT messenger..
Abu jahl said :Are you sure??
Prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa salam)said yes i am sure.
Abu jahl said them show me the proof of what Allahu SWT made you capable of..
Prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)shown by breaking the Moon into exact halves. .
But you know what abu jahl done???he said:eek:nly this small thing???leave it leave itt rasool ..you cant do anythingg...
And then Ikrimaath(abu jahls son)came to rasooolullah(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)with the same question and rasoolullahi(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said ok what you would want to see?
Ikrimaath said:van you see that BIG ROCK on that mountain..i want to to bring that ROCK swimming down the river here...
Rasoolullahi(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said the rock:Oh Rock!come swimming down the river..aand the Rock trembled as it knew the Call was not OF a Simple human and so it came by swimming .....now Ikrimaath was stunned but he again said now replace it to its place in the same way...
Rasoolullahi(salallahu alahi wa sallam)said:Oh ROCK!now go back to your own place swimming and so did the ROCK....subhanallah..IKrimaath believed in RAsoolullah(salallahu alaihi wa sallam).He belived that Rasoolullahi(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)was indeed Allahu SWT messenger ....but we can see abu jahl was still against rasoolullah(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)..and so are the Athiests.......

ishislam

i am never alone.allah is always with me
They dont believe even after proofs are shown and given...they just are in the blindness of Dunya..so i say sister dont worry ....
.we are muslims and we know GReAT,KIND,GENEROUS,fORGIVING and more Allahu SWT is ..
We know who our Prophet(salallahu alaihi wa sallam) is..
We know that Quran is the ultimate kitaaab and Islam is the truth..then why should we care about the dunya when we know dunya is just an illusion...we just have to keep our faith strong and strong.Inshaa allah...:)
Hope this helped ;) and if i am wrong please correct me ..
And ukthis Nureyni Amir.hayat84 .Janaan..thanx for giving so much advices to my sister Ayesha PKS...

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam: warahmatullahi wabarakatuh..here is somthng that may help you..inshaa Allah..so i went to a salath yesterday and the usthad said people asked him why you all do salaath at that place every month?(every first thursday the salaath takes place and people rush to come here :).alhamdulillah )...so he said why dont you come sit dua and see if your dua is not heard by Allahu SWT or not.. Because i am coming here my intentions have been fullfilled and so have others..so come and sit....
:wasalam:

Sister, what is "salaath"? Do you mean Halaqah? :)
once Abu jahl came to rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam )and asked are you Allahu SWT messenger?
prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said:yes i am Allahu SWT messenger..
Abu jahl said :Are you sure??
Prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa salam)said yes i am sure.
Abu jahl said them show me the proof of what Allahu SWT made you capable of..
Prophet rasool(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)shown by breaking the Moon into exact halves. .
But you know what abu jahl done???he said :eek: nly this small thing???leave it leave itt rasool ..you cant do anythingg...
Hm. I'm not so sure it happened this way. The ahadeeth mention that it was the 'Makkan' [mushrikeen (in one hadeeth I saw that it mentions Abu Jahl, Al-waleed bin al-mugheerah, Al-`aas bin abd al-Uzaa, An-Nadr bin al-Haarith being amongst them)] and not just Abu Jahl in particular that asked for a sign. And about his reaction, subhaanallaah, well, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. I just haven't come across any narrations that tell it in this manner. But they (the mushrikeen) did claim that the prophet :saw: had cast sihr on them and what they'd seen was magic and not a sign/miracle. (It's explained in the beginning of soorat al-Qamar)

And there was a sis here a while back who posted an overwhelming amount of ahadeeth on this and they all have none of that info your ustaadh mentioned.
http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/moon-splitting.73256/

And then Ikrimaath(abu jahls son)came to rasooolullah(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)with the same question and rasoolullahi(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said ok what you would want to see?
Ikrimaath said:van you see that BIG ROCK on that mountain..i want to to bring that ROCK swimming down the river here...
Rasoolullahi(salallahu alaihi wa sallam)said the rock:Oh Rock!come swimming down the river..aand the Rock trembled as it knew the Call was not OF a Simple human and so it came by swimming .....now Ikrimaath was stunned but he again said now replace it to its place in the same way...
Rasoolullahi(salallahu alahi wa sallam)said:Oh ROCK!now go back to your own place swimming and so did the ROCK....subhanallah..
Another one I've never heard of. And I've read as much about his :saw: miracles as I could find (there was a time I was literally obsessed with it :S), so can you ask your ustaadh for reference for this the next time you see him? Maybe it's just due to my limited knowledge that I do not know this. Jazaakillaahu khayraa. :)

PS. But great moral, sis. Some people will still persist in their disobedience even after proof has been shown to them, save for those Allaah `azza wa jalla guides.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Ukhtis it's like one of them happened to get sarcastic about Muhammad :saw: marrying Ayesha RA (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BOWbwl4CIAU26BN.jpg:large), and one of the ukhtis posted this ^ pic on twitter! I forwarded it to a few Islamic groups to report it!
Another atheist hopped in and then the third and they all started attacking me (and this is personal attacks I'm talking about!) and asked me if I'm justifying the killing of some girl dancing in the rain? (What was that about? Anyone?)
I wanted to give the example of Hitler! I happened to make a typo and instead of saying Hitler killed Jews happened to say Hitler 'was' a jew! I know, my bad! One of them started mocking me and calling me names! But Alhamdullilah I didn't use one swear word! Neither did I lose my cool, for those of you who know me (I'm sure there aren't any as yet!) would know I don't mostly get angry, I just easily get hurt!
I told them to do everyone a favor and read The Quran once, with an open mind! Just once! Even if just to find mistakes! One of them agreed and told me to read some book called 'The God Delusion'! :astaghfirullah:
Anyway, the second one even had 'Ahmed' as his second name! He had converted to atheism from Islam! He said the last time he did that, read The Quran with an open mind he became an atheist, I didn't answer him back!
The third said she'll buy a Quran to burn it! :astaghfirullah:
But even if one of them buys a Quran and reads the whole of it, it will be all worth it InshaAllah!
I already have a problem sleeping but after all this happened I had to take a few pills to get me back to normal!
Ya Allah!

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
It's just that I couldn't keep myself from commenting!! How could they say a word against Muhammad:saw:?
It just saddens me so much! I'm still not over it!

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Asslamaliekum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
I have been through same 1-2 year back. If you were debating them on facebook in some group maybe, then please do not debate with them, unless you posses knowledge of Arabic, have access to books of tafseer and sarh of hadith or if not all this atleast be sure that you have good understanding of topic so would able to handle it. This is because:
a) Many people over there don't seem to be sincere, they just debate because its a mode of entertainment for them.

b) If you are not able clarify the matter properly, it might give a wrong impression to small fraction of people who might have otherwise accepted dawah that their argument are true, it may cast doubts even in the heart of some muslims who do not understand these issues properly (We had seen a good example of that on TTI few month back, May Allah subhaanahuwata'ala guide that person), or even worse it might lead to shayateen whispering doubts in our ownselves.

Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
Shaykh al-Islam (may Allaah have mercy on him) said to me, after I had posed some questions to him, one after another:
Do not make your heart like a sponge for questions and specious arguments lest your heart be filled with them and they start to affect your thinking and your behaviour. Rather make it like a sealed bottle, so that the specious arguments will bounce off its surface and will not settle in it, then you will be able to see them clearly and ward them off because of the resolve you have. Otherwise if every specious argument that crosses your mind settles in your heart, it will become an abode for specious arguments. – Or words to that effect.
I not know that I benefited from any advice to ward off specious arguments as I did from this advice.
Miftaah Daar al-Sa’aadah (1/140).

c) Some websites (May Allah Subhanahuwata'ala forgive and guide them) which deal with refuting anti-Islamic argument take wrong approach to deal with the topics, winding up watering down Shari'ah or misrepresenting Islamic position regarding topic. One must realize we are upon haq and there is no need for us to take backfooted position concerning any issue, whether it be democracy, Prophet peace be upon him's marriage, etc, etc... So one must be sure about Islamic position (or Position of Scholars of Sunnah to be specific) regarding issues, then use Textual, Intellectual proofs along with Wisdom to present Islam to them.(See Shaykh Haitham Al Haddad's vids for example)

^All this in regards Debating online, Doing Daw'ah to general people is much easier inshallah, See IERA UK or Dawah Is Easy channel on youtube, you'll see they just keep it simple, convincing and understandable.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/143146
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/97726

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
And none of the groups came up to back me up! It was just me vs 3 of them (another messaged today so that makes it 4)!

JazakAllahu Khairan Ukhtis Nureyni Amir hayat84 Janaan and @ ishislam! May Allah SWT reward you all abundantly! And may Allah guide all to the straight path!

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Asslamaliekum warahmatullahi wabrakatu,
I have been through same 1-2 year back. If you were debating them on facebook in some group maybe, then please do not debate with them, unless you posses knowledge of Arabic, have access to books of tafseer and sarh of hadith or if not all this atleast be sure that you have good understanding of topic so would able to handle it. This is because:
a) Many people over there don't seem to be sincere, they just debate because its a mode of entertainment for them.

b) If you are not able clarify the matter properly, it might give a wrong impression to small fraction of people who might have otherwise accepted dawah that their argument are true, it may cast doubts even in the heart of some muslims who do not understand these issues properly (We had seen a good example of that on TTI few month back, May Allah subhaanahuwata'ala guide that person), or even worse it might lead to shayateen whispering doubts in our ownselves.

c) Some websites (May Allah Subhanahuwata'ala forgive and guide them) which deal with refuting anti-Islamic argument take wrong approach to deal with the topics, winding up watering down Shari'ah or misrepresenting Islamic position regarding topic. One must realize we are upon haq and there is no need for us to take backfooted position concerning any issue, whether it be democracy, Prophet peace be upon him's marriage, etc, etc... So one must be sure about Islamic position (or Position of Scholars of Sunnah to be specific) regarding issues, then use Textual, Intellectual proofs along with Wisdom to present Islam to them.(See Shaykh Haitham Al Haddad's vids for example)

^All this in regards Debating online, Doing Daw'ah to general people is much easier inshallah, See IERA UK or Dawah Is Easy channel on youtube, you'll see they just keep it simple, convincing and understandable.

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/143146
http://islamqa.info/en/ref/97726
Akhi I know what you're saying! I just kept telling them to read Quran to get a better understanding of the entire deal!

Safiyah_

assalamu aleykoum

dear sister i know how weak u might feel, i also have this situation a lot but i always try to think like this:

They are the ones that should be crying. They don't kow about the truth, they don't know the sweetnes of our beautiful deen. They are the ones on the Day of Ressurection who are gonna be lost :( U should feel blessed because u are, Allah subhana wa ta'ala chose you to be His follower and to get a chance to work for Jennah :love_heart:

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
assalamu aleykoum

dear sister i know how weak u might feel, i also have this situation a lot but i always try to think like this:

They are the ones that should be crying. They don't kow about the truth, they don't know the sweetnes of our beautiful deen. They are the ones on the Day of Ressurection who are gonna be lost :( U should feel blessed because u are, Allah subhana wa ta'ala chose you to be His follower and to get a chance to work for Jennah :love_heart:

JazakAllahu Khairan Ukhti!