Staff member
Assalaamu `alaikum warahmatullaah.

1- Shaving some parts of the head and leaving others
2- Shaving the sides of the head and leaving the middle
3- Shaving the middle and leaving the sides
4- Shaving the front and leaving the back
5- Shaving the back and leaving the front
6- Shaving one side and leaving the other
Subhaanallah. These 'styles' sound really ridiculous. Why anyone would want their head to look that way, I'll never understand.

Ummah123

i'm confused, it says 'shave it all', is it ok if you just want to trim it, as long as you shorten all the sides?

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Brother, cut your hair however you like and whatever makes you look the most handsome insallah. If you shave it all the way, you should not do that before hajj and umrah as you are suppose to shave it there as an act of worship and you would not be able to fulfill this duty their.

This is not obligatory to have your hair in one style verse another. The Prophet SAW and many Sahabah had longer hair, close to their shoulders, but this is Sunnah just like wearing a turban is or stepping with your right foot into the mosque, good to do and you get ajr for it but not mandatory.

How many Muslim men do you see with only balled head or long hair? Very few, just cut it how you like.

As Salaam Alakium wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh my beloved young brother. It amazes me when you ask a question from your brothers and they give their respective opinions, which are very insignificant! Your question about wearing your hair can be found in the Sunnah wherein the Prophet (sallallahu allahi was Salaam) said in Sahih Muslim pg 1164 hadith 5289 the Prophet (sallallahu allahi was Salaam) forbade having the hair half on and half off.yes you can trim your hair but make it even all around or cut it all off.
Stick to the Sunnah, and you will never fail! So look to Qur'aan then the Sunna then to the understanding of our Salaf (the Salaf where the Companions) go where they go and stop wher the stop.