first cousins marriage in islam encouraged or discouraged

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Aslaam

It is neither encouraged nor discouraged in Islam, however this practice is very popular in the Indian sub-continent.

Ummah123

It is permissble, nothing says whether it's encouraged or discouraged (mustahhab or makrooh). It is only modern day ideals that make marriage between cousins seem like a bad idea.

nusaiba s

Islam is all about love
It is not haram'but it is neither encouraged or discouraged,I personally don't like it and it is common in Nigeria also.waLLAHU a'alam.

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
whatever decision we take,we have to consider our prophet' s life first.so, Ali may Allah be pleased with him was ohis cousin and Uthman may Allah be pleased with him was his cousin to whom he married his two daughters and said if i had another daughter, i would have married her to Uthman.
its not fard or mustahab but its our Rasul Allah's practice and his even single word is not without hikma

nusaiba s

Islam is all about love
Thank you for that reminder,I urge our brothers and sisters to follow the teaching of rasul in their marriages most especially in first cousins marriages because I've seen bitter situations where I come from.ALLAHU yahdeena

ya allah madad

0mm3afnan
sister, marraige is contract between two souls and the success of it depends solely upon the people tied through it.My husband is my cousin and we, mashaAllah, are very happy with each other,on the other hand, my sister in law has come from outside but she is at the verge of getting divorce from her husband.

nusaiba s

Islam is all about love
Masha ALLAH sister,this is exceptionally wonderful and also a lesson to people like me who have witnessed the opposite.am haappy for you sister.wish you more of ALLAH's blessings and barakah in your marriage.