Quran Recitation

Aliya Javed

Shyness is the most beautiful character
Assalam aleykum brothers and sisters. My question is regarding recitation of Holy Quran. Actually sometimes I began to stammer while reciting Quran. I usually stammer when I recite The Quran more and more. So will I have to recite it all over again, I mean especially those lines in which I stammer? And will the Thawab or Sawab get reduced when it is not recited properly?

nusaiba s

Islam is all about love
Walaikumu ssalam wa rahmatuLLAHI wa barakatuhu.
Sister,I can't quote a hadith or Ayah right now,but I know that your stammering will not reduce your thawab,it rather increases as you repeat those verses because you receive 10 thawab for pronouncing a letter of the QUR'AN.so when u actually recite a word from the QUR'AN each letter has earns u 10 rewards.what happens when you recite a whole ayah repeatedly?ALLAHU AKBAR

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullaah, sister.

Refer to this hadeeth. It shall ease some of your worries, inshaa'Allaah.

`Aaishah, may Allah be pleased with her, relates that the Prophet :saw: said:
Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
So will I have to recite it all over again, I mean especially those lines in which I stammer?
If you mean in prayer, then there are several things to consider. Does your stammering cause you to mispronounce some words? And if that's a yes, then is it in a manner in which it causes distortion in the meaning of the word?

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:
Is the prayer of one who mispronounces al-Faatihah valid or not?

He replied:
If a person mispronounces al-Faatihah in a way that does not distort the meaning, his prayer is valid, whether he is leading others in prayer or is praying alone.

But with regard to the kind of mispronunciation that distorts the meaning, if the person knows the meaning, such as if he says ‘Siraat allaadheenaan’amtu ‘alayhim [meaning “The way of those on whom I have bestowed my grace”, instead of the correct version an’amta (The way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace)], and he knows that this verbal form is wrong, then the prayer is not valid. But if he does not know that he is distorting the meaning, and he thinks that this form is second person singular rather than first person, then there is a difference of scholarly opinion on this point. And Allaah knows best.
Majmoo’ al-Fataawam 22/443

He was also asked about when a person ends a word with –i that should end in –a when praying (or renders it genitive when it should be accusative).

He replied:
If he is aware of what he is doing and he does it deliberately, then his prayer is invalid, because he is playing about in his prayer. But if he is unaware of that, then his prayer is not invalid, according to one of the two scholarly views.
Majmoo’ al-Fataawa, 22/444
I hope this helps. In the mean time, I suggest that you find a qualified qur'aan teacher that will work with you and help you perfect you recitations inshaa'Allaah.

Aliya Javed

Shyness is the most beautiful character
Assalaamu `alaiki warahmatullaah, sister.

Refer to this hadeeth. It shall ease some of your worries, inshaa'Allaah.

`Aaishah, may Allah be pleased with her, relates that the Prophet :saw: said:
Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

If you mean in prayer, then there are several things to consider. Does your stammering cause you to mispronounce some words? And if that's a yes, then is it in a manner in which it causes distortion in the meaning of the word?

I hope this helps. In the mean time, I suggest that you find a qualified qur'aan teacher that will work with you and help you perfect you recitations inshaa'Allaah.
Masha Allah. zazakAllahKhair sister clearing my doubts. I was just searching for this type of hadith. May Allah bless u and reward u for spreading righteousness.