Witr prayer accepted or not

Aliya Javed

Shyness is the most beautiful character
Wa antum fa jazaakum Allahu khairan :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy, your additional information makes sense with regards to seeking the reward of qiyam-ul-layl when following the Imaam until the end of prayer, including the Witr. The confusion only arises when the question of praying it again or twice is posed.

Delaying the witr is Sunnah, and it is, if I am not mistaken, among those acts the Prophet :saw: would have made obligatory had it not been difficult, but then the question of completing it after the Imaam arises, and to that, I believe there is sufficient evidence to its permissibility, unless of course, you are leading the prayer, and the people following only have you to lead them in Witr in completing their prayer. Having said that, what exactly were you confused about? As in, what, specifically, was your question about, to which this answer was received?
Even I cannot understand what was the confusion about! Sister plz elaborate.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Even I cannot understand what was the confusion about! Sister plz elaborate.

I know it was a result of what I posted, about delaying the Witr while praying behind an Imaam ... but we will wait for further clarification :)

Aliya Javed

Shyness is the most beautiful character
I know it was a result of what I posted, about delaying the Witr while praying behind an Imaam ... but we will wait for further clarification :)
Dear sister I want an authentic hadith related to Witr prayer.if u find it then plz do inform me. ZazakAllahKhair.:)

Eman Yousuf

salam alaikum,sister,

My question was that i heard from someone that if a person prayed witr after isha, then he also wake up for tahajjud then he should pray a single rakah first so that it will be added to the previous witr of three rakah or any odd rakah he has prayed making it even. then the person should pray tahajjud and enclose it with witr prayer.

Believe me sister I know this is not true and something introduced in islam, but yet
i wanted to make sure of it, hence the question . Moreover if someone is following the above
mentioned pattern of witr in ignorance than the person can rectify it after reading so many
replies which i am getting.

Shukhraan all of you out there for such nice replies:)

salam alaikum wa rahmatullah

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Dear sister I want an authentic hadith related to Witr prayer.if u find it then plz do inform me. ZazakAllahKhair.:)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The night prayers are two by two, then when you fear that dawn is about to break, then pray one (rak’ah) and make the prayers that you have offered odd-numbered.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 472.

Muslim (754) narrated from Abu Sa’eed (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Pray Witr before dawn comes.”

Imam Ahmad, Abu Dawood and al-Tirmidhi narrated, in a report that was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim, from Khaarijah ibn Hudhaafah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah has blessed you with a prayer that is better for you than red camels.” We said: O Messenger of Allaah, what is it? He said: “Witr, between ‘Isha’ prayer and the break of dawn.”

Taken from IslamQA
salam alaikum,sister,

My question was that i heard from someone that if a person prayed witr after isha, then he also wake up for tahajjud then he should pray a single rakah first so that it will be added to the previous witr of three rakah or any odd rakah he has prayed making it even. then the person should pray tahajjud and enclose it with witr prayer.

Believe me sister I know this is not true and something introduced in islam, but yet
i wanted to make sure of it, hence the question . Moreover if someone is following the above
mentioned pattern of witr in ignorance than the person can rectify it after reading so many

Ukhti, is your confusion cleared now? Have you learned the correct way to pray witr, with or without imaam Inshaa`Allah?

elqouds2020

Assalam aleykum dear sisters. I wanted to ask u about Witr prayer at night. I usually perform my Witr prayer at night after my isha prayer before sleep. But if I get up early in the third part of night to perform Tahajjud prayer then will my prayer be accepted without praying Witr which I have already prayed or will I have to leave Witr and then after my Tahajjud prayer I should perform it?
Assalam alaikum wa must perform the witr prayer 10 minutes before Fajr

elqouds2020

salam alaikum,sister,

if you do the witr after Isha salat is allowed to perform tahadjoud