Brothers Hello you all

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I did follow some steps before starting to pray such as telling the shahada and by making my intention before Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala.
I also read that about the Shahada that makes it right.
  • Al-ʿIlm (العلم): Knowledge of the meaning of the Shahadah, its negation and affirmation.
  • Al-Yaqīn (اليقين): Certainty – perfect knowledge of it that counteracts suspicion and doubt.
  • Al-Ikhlāṣ (الإخلاص): Sincerity which negates shirk.
  • Aṣ-Ṣidq (الصدق): Truthfulness that permits neither falsehood nor hypocrisy.
  • Al-Maḥabbah (المحبة): Love of the Shahadah and its meaning, and being happy with it.
  • Al-Inqiyād (الانقياد): Submission to its rightful requirements, which are the duties that must be performed with sincerity to God (alone) seeking His pleasure.
  • Al-Qubūl (القبول): Acceptance that contradicts rejection.
And I read somewhere that the vow of Shahada could be made alone before Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala. So is it worth anything? When I pray I feel closer to Him like I never have been before. So maybe it is worth something.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Assalam-o-alikum brother Raphael,
Congratualtions to you on becoming a Muslim. may Allah (SWT) give youi lots and lots of rewards in this life and also in the next Ameen.

You are right that you can take the vow of Shahada alone with only Akllah (SWT) as the witness. One can accept Islam secretly and can practice it secretly if there is threat or any kind of danger of persecution etc. But it is recommended that one should announce his or her reversion in public as by doing that one will know other Muslims and other Muslims will then know that person.

Welcome again dear brother.
Wassalam.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
I submitted to my creator and I took Shahada. Then everything changed around me, people started asking questions. I feel happy sharing with them about Islam. And I hope to meet new people among the believers.
Salam
What a happy news ! Congratulations brother :)
Welcome to Islam ^_^

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I submitted to my creator and I took Shahada. Then everything changed around me, people started asking questions. I feel happy sharing with them about Islam. And I hope to meet new people among the believers.
Salam

Allah-ho-Akbar !
WELCOME ... Welcome my dear brother to Islam.

Soooo happy to see that post. May Allah (SWT) help you and continue to guide you towards His good pleasure and grant you highest of Paradise in the hereafter. Ameen.

But as Allah has said, he also tests people. So be ready to face the trials. InshaAllah you will be successful.

See you around brother Raphael.
Wassalam.

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Brother you are now a believer.
Allah subhanahu wa taala tests every believer.
So we always pray to Him to give us easy tests.

Wa alaikumassalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Raphaêl

Assalam-o-alikum brother Raphael,
Congratualtions to you on becoming a Muslim. may Allah (SWT) give youi lots and lots of rewards in this life and also in the next Ameen.

You are right that you can take the vow of Shahada alone with only Akllah (SWT) as the witness. One can accept Islam secretly and can practice it secretly if there is threat or any kind of danger of persecution etc. But it is recommended that one should announce his or her reversion in public as by doing that one will know other Muslims and other Muslims will then know that person.

Welcome again dear brother.
Wassalam.

I anounced it to my family and friends and they willingly accepted my conversion. Indeed I wish I could meet Muslims, may it be here or in my community. As I live in a small town there are very few chances that Muslims are living around here. That's why I hope to move to a bigger city like Montréal (Québec, Canada) in the next months.
Thank you for sharing

Raphaêl

Allah-ho-Akbar !
WELCOME ... Welcome my dear brother to Islam.

Soooo happy to see that post. May Allah (SWT) help you and continue to guide you towards His good pleasure and grant you highest of Paradise in the hereafter. Ameen.

But as Allah has said, he also tests people. So be ready to face the trials. InshaAllah you will be successful.

See you around brother Raphael.
Wassalam.

These are words of wisdom. I know that the way to Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala is not always a straight one but I hope I can answer to his call faithfully
Inch'Allah

Raphaêl

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Brother you are now a believer.
Allah subhanahu wa taala tests every believer.
So we always pray to Him to give us easy tests.

Wa alaikumassalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

Likewise I started making Salah five times a day. I know I may be a begginner but I pray with all my heart. For many of us everyday is a trial until the hereafter arrives and I hope to become a better person everyday.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
Assalamu Aleykum Brother Raphael. As everyone has said, yes the Salah should be in Arabic. Most Muslims in the world do not speak or know Arabic, but they all make Salah in Arabic. Focus on memorizing the prayers and some versus from the Quran to say during Salah. In time you will learn the English meaning with the Arabic, or better yet even learn Arabic inshallah. It is nice to know the Arabic but just repeating the words is sufficient and fulfills this duty, you just don't get the extra benefit of feeling the words in your heart as you recite. I do not know Arabic yet, so when I make Salah I say in Arabic but think of the meaning in English.

Also, you should go to the Mosque and make sure to do Shahadah with a couple witnesses, this is the traditional way to do it. And they can also help you inshallah with how to pray, make wudu, and other things. It is very good to learn by yourself, but it is easy to make mistakes this way so always good to double check whatever you learn with someone more knowledgeable inshallah. Since you are new it is very important you develop a good foundation and principles in the Din.

If you have any questions about Islam or anything, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
Hasan

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I anounced it to my family and friends and they willingly accepted my conversion. Indeed I wish I could meet Muslims, may it be here or in my community. As I live in a small town there are very few chances that Muslims are living around here. That's why I hope to move to a bigger city like Montréal (Québec, Canada) in the next months.
Thank you for sharing

Welcome again my brother to Islam.

I gathered following information regarding Muslims and Canada which may interest you.

About 3.2% of the total population of Canada is Muslim making them second largest religion after Christianity and has became the fastest growing religion in Canada. 5% of all the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) population is Muslim, making GTA the highest concentration of Muslims in any city in North America.

These are some of the organizations you may want to check out:
http://www.macnet.ca
http://thep4e.com
http://www.seekershub.com/

Raphaêl

Welcome again my brother to Islam.

I gathered following information regarding Muslims and Canada which may interest you.

About 3.2% of the total population of Canada is Muslim making them second largest religion after Christianity and has became the fastest growing religion in Canada. 5% of all the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) population is Muslim, making GTA the highest concentration of Muslims in any city in North America.

These are some of the organizations you may want to check out:
http://www.macnet.ca
http://thep4e.com
http://www.seekershub.com/

Thank you for taking the time to share me these websites and these statistics. I feel inspired by those who take the vow of shahada in Canada and the world.
Salam

hilal.ahmad

brother no need to ofer prayer in english it wil take u only few days to memorize few verses of quran nd duas of prayer till u can only perform actions
visit masjid u wil learn withn days

hilal.ahmad

some important thngs in Islam r:
Offer prayer
help , respect , love ur parents , ur wife and ur sisters
respect evry1 nd do not do wrong to any1
dont lie
help ur relatives nd poor
seek help from Allah only but u can ask help frm others wat is in there hands like u can ask for a glass of water to any1
u can visit quranenglish.com or islamweb.net

muslimg

Raphaêl

some important thngs in Islam r:
Offer prayer
help , respect , love ur parents , ur wife and ur sisters
respect evry1 nd do not do wrong to any1
dont lie
help ur relatives nd poor
seek help from Allah only but u can ask help frm others wat is in there hands like u can ask for a glass of water to any1
u can visit quranenglish.com or islamweb.net

I try to be an upright man everyday and the words of the Quran help me everyday