Body Building is Annoying

BrotherZubayr

Zubayr Hussain
:salam2:

I agree with brother Mabsoot, getting too big is no good, gotta have some muscle there though, but endurance is also important. Also forget supplements, do it naturally, eat natural foods :) that's what I doo! Alhamdulillah

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Bodybuilding isn't annoying.. if you understand it

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

Interesting thread..
I don't really agree with all the points made,.. just my opinion :biggrin:.

I love(d) bodybuilding.. (now I don't have time for it). It is more than bulking up, etc. as some mentioned.

You don't bulk up on unhealthy food, in fact if you are doing it correctly your food intake is very well monitored. (ie: even the amount of protein is calculated so you are getting just what your body needs.)

And trust me, the definition doesn't come from just strength training! Some form of cardio is very much needed... so the stamina 'argument' doesn't hold much water.

Anyone who is training hours a day is wasting their time. Majority of bodybuilders only train upto 1 hour (including cardio).. unless they are training for a show, then they will add more cardio.. and at a different time during the day, so it is effective.

No-one here is going to look like Arnold, Dexter, or any other pro. unless you juice (ie: even if you trained forever without taking steroids, you are not going to get 'too big'). That includes the 'female bodybuilding' misconception. Women who bodybuild (without using any sort of steroids..and you get the mild ones as well.. which men use too) are not going to look like men!... it is NOT possible! If anything, it will just keep them fit, and be a huge benefit when they are older.

Note: Bodybuilding is hard even if you take supplements or steroids. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work.

There are so many misconceptions, and people who have given the sport a bad name. Insha'Allah I hope this clears a little up, or at the very least encourages you to check it out for yourselves.

It's a science, and an art.. and still an awesome sport!

Jazak'Allahu khair for your time.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

Aamir Shaikh

I know this has been here for donkeys years i will post a reply in case anyone else comes across it like I did lol

Firstly that was the best reply to the misconception about bodybuilding ever! and mashaAllah it came from a sister (hats off)....seriously brothers WE need to be dominating in this area!!

ive heard so many people say this about bodybuilding but it is exactly what the sister said above you can't go big over night it will take you years to look and be 'too big'. And most people can't go till that far because of the life commitments anyway. Aiming to get there will get you into the shape that you want but aiming just at a mediocre level will leave you in a worse shape....yes it can if you don't do it right eg. no cardio + carb/sugar control.

And there is no harm in taking the right supplements in the right amount it will get you there quicker but will burn a hole in your pocket. Seeking your nutrients from the natural foods is just a bit slow and requires a lot of planning and effort. One simple rule for the right food is: Simpler the food/fewer the ingridients => healthier it will be. Grilled chicken, roasted sweet potato, simply seasoned and grilled steaks and fish and boiled rice are just a few common examples.

peace!

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi

Wow..it has been agessssssssss since I've posted here (received Aamir's msg in my inbox)
... interesting enough 2008 I wasn't training, but I'm back in it, and SO loving it! *part animal, part machine* :biggrin:

Anyway, hope everyone's Ramadan is going well... and that you're not eating yourself into a coma :eek:

Ya Aamir.. you need to get the word out!! *resurrect 'em alpha males - before this world falls apart*

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

Aamir Shaikh

haha sadly ive been out of training for a while; uni got a bit hectic. i miss them daily diet logs, painful and sore muscles, am cardio, that 'Rocky feeling':juich-spring-klap: ..lol

but inshaAllah i will start very soon after ramadhan as i have graduated with my degree and inshaAllah should find a decent job to pay for the gym membership and the extra chicken breasts and sirloin steaks i may have in my shopping basket.

alhadulillah ramadhan is great here in UK I hope its the same where you live

You should write your own blog or instagram or something I am sure you can help many sisters (an even brothers by the looks of it lol) with your knowledge. Yes there are sites and blogs already but you can differentiate by guiding and recommending stuff in an islamically feasible way.
:hijabi: :holaaaaaa: :SMILY346: :laughing-dancing: :75:

masalaam

Aamir

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
As-salaamu'alaykum
Glad to hear you've graduated! Congratulations. May Allah give you success in all your endeavors. Ameen. .... ya, now go hit the gym! *eggs are cheap*.. not ideal, but anything could work.

About writing a blog, erm... I don't really want to get into it because there really is a lot of info out there, I also feel like I'm constantly evolving and learning new/better things so the whole blog with be me contradicting my self..haha
...and helping sisters, they tend to stop listening to me when I say you can't 'spot' reduce, women don't mind doing drastic (sometimes even retarded things like the soup diet) but they want it to work soon and for a limited time (so it's not a life commitment) - so they'll work harder than guys but not necessarily smarter/longer, and most aren't willing to lift heavy o_O

I used to help a few guys before, not any more.. there are many people online they can turn to. Even Muslim guys like Lui Marco (check up his YouTube channel). They are other awesome channels they can get info from like Omar Isuf (not Muslim), Elliot, etc.

Insha'Allah your last few days of Ramadaan go well and you have an amazing Eid!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

Aamir Shaikh

As-salaamu'alaykum
Glad to hear you've graduated! Congratulations. May Allah give you success in all your endeavors. Ameen. .... ya, now go hit the gym! *eggs are cheap*.. not ideal, but anything could work.

About writing a blog, erm... I don't really want to get into it because there really is a lot of info out there, I also feel like I'm constantly evolving and learning new/better things so the whole blog with be me contradicting my self..haha
...and helping sisters, they tend to stop listening to me when I say you can't 'spot' reduce, women don't mind doing drastic (sometimes even retarded things like the soup diet) but they want it to work soon and for a limited time (so it's not a life commitment) - so they'll work harder than guys but not necessarily smarter/longer, and most aren't willing to lift heavy o_O

I used to help a few guys before, not any more.. there are many people online they can turn to. Even Muslim guys like Lui Marco (check up his YouTube channel). They are other awesome channels they can get info from like Omar Isuf (not Muslim), Elliot, etc.

Insha'Allah your last few days of Ramadaan go well and you have an amazing Eid!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

Alaikum Salaam,

MashaAllah the reply was very chronological and you justifications were very apt.

I will check the aforementioned channels out. I didn't know about any of them tbh. Thanks.

Alhamdulillah I shall complete two Quran reading + 1 of listening in Taraweeh (if that counts lol) by tomorrow night. So yeah Ramadhan went amazing and I Eid shall be in Morrocco as my family decided to make it more adventures this time.

May Allah protect you from all the evils IA, forgive us all and grant us all Jannah.

WalaikumAsSalaam

Syed S

Assalamu alaykum,

Just a small rant.. :)

I dont think it is so wise for brothers just for them to go gym and do "Body Building" as that is not really "Fitness" . I get annoyed hearing that people are getting fit by drinking tonnes of powder and just pumping iron at their local gyms.

That is not getting healthy or fit, this is because the whole body building idea is aimed at just "improving" physique i.e. Bulking up and Cutting. Where you just train and train and then try and lose fat to cut up.

This is all fine if you want to look like a muscle bound gorilla, but really it is not going to do you much good in terms of general well being and real fitness.

Endurance is needed, being able to run/jog at least 8 miles without a break is what I would consider a good aim. Maybe even something to do once every 2 weeks even.

Those who simply go to the gym to get "Big"will not even be able to run 1 mile in less than 10 minutes, be able to defend themselves in a fight that might last a little longer than 10 seconds.

- If you look at most sports athletes never just pump iron, but do a whole array of fitness routines, from skipping, to body weight calisthenics i.e. pressups, squats etc. Doing 100s of reps of each. Together with good aerobic excercise that strengthens the heart, lungs and gets person active for a lot longer.

I just feel that our brothers got to do this properly lol.. Rambo and Commando wouldnt last long in the real world !! (their premature heart attacks due to steroids is testimony to that)

Do your research (google is good starting point!! or go to a boxing gym where they do things like sled pulling, firemans walks etc) and dont copy what the other people do in your gym, nine times out of ten they havent a clue! but, try and find out what you can about cross training and conditioning. Basically things that boxers or Mixed Martial Arts people do.

Several people can go into a gym or do excercises and come out the gym with totally different results, all depending on what they do, their nutrition and goals. - Our goals as Muslim men should be to be able to defend ourselves, our familes and our honour. Plus, im sure you will get rid of any fat and look good too!! but, please make sure you dont go into this crazy "bulking up" thing. It is no good at all..

So, you should do weight training, but not body building. Make sure you do a lot of genuine endurance training by doing not just weights but high rep body weight excercises and cardio. Just mix it all up.

wasalam.

You spoke my heart man, seriously. I look at all these kids pumping weights and trying to bulk up. This is exactly what I advice them.. But you see most these teens lift weights only for one purpose and that is to 'IMPRESS' the womenfolk :) Lifting weights is nothing as compared to overall health, stamina, cardio..