• 1 grated onion
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 4-5 tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 3/4 cups of vegetable oil
  • 1/4 tsp of all spices
  • 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
  • salt and pepper

Mix well grated onion with salt, pepper, all spices, and cinnamon and mix onion well with minced meat.
Make minced meat into small balls.
In a medium non-stick pan, heat 4 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Fry meatballs in oil on all sides for about 3-4 minutes. Take off heat and set aside.
Blend tomatoes in a blender with ¼ cup water. Dissolve tomato paste in a cup of water.
In a small saucepan, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat. Add chopped onions stirring frequently until golden.
Add blended tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Add meatballs and leave to cook for another 15-20 minutes. v In a small skillet, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Stir in crushed garlic until just golden. Pour oil and garlic immediately into tomato sauce with meatballs. Serve right away in a serving bowl. You can sprinkle ground dried mint on top to add flavor.

kroplabezkitu

I made it before after watching "cooking with aliya" youtube channel, and after i cooked it for my family, my mother is diabetes and this recipe was good for her. I didn't fried meatballs but boiled them in tomato sauce. I love this recipe :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Changing recipe a little it is quite "international" I think. By a little different version its name would be "meatballs in tomato sauce". Boiling them, not frying might makes this food more healthy too.