Curious about Islam

Eman Yousuf

Hi Emily, No not necessarily unless until it has a meaning which is not accepted in Islam,
(What is the meaning of your name?) otherwise you can keep the same (remember Allah (swa) looks the deed of a person) . Yes you can choose the name by yourself. I had a friend she was called Corah but changed it to Kareema by herself.

I changed my name myself after getting so many suggestions, as my previous name was kept on the name of one of the idol which the Hindu worship.

I hope it clears your doubt.

Take care , keep surfing:SMILY259:

Hi Emily, No not necessarily unless until it has a meaning which is not accepted in Islam,
(What is the meaning of your name?) otherwise you can keep the same (remember Allah (swa) looks the deed of a person) . Yes you can choose the name by yourself. I had a friend she was called Corah but changed it to Kareema by herself.

I changed my name myself after getting so many suggestions, as my previous name was kept on the name of one of the idol which the Hindu worship.

I hope it clears your doubt.

Take care , keep surfing:SMILY259:

Thank you for the information! If I do decide to convert maybe I will change my name. I don't know.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Hello,

My name is Emily. I am curious about Islam. I'm not sure I can say that I am interested in converting for certain, but it might be possible. I've been reading about Islam and have watched some documenaries on tv and I am certainly interested. I wanted to learn more before I think about becoming a Muslim though.

Thank you for your time.
Welcome to the family, Emily. Glad to have you around. Hope this forum benefits you in all the ways you'd imagined and more, In sha Allah (God Willing). I think you've been told this before, but I'd like to say it again, if you have any questions, just post them here and let the rest on Allah SWT and the brothers and sisters here, without as little as a pinch of hesitation. If they're private, and being a woman you want only the sisters on this forum to see or answer them, make sure you join the Sisters' section, there, you can post your doubts/questions and have some halaal fun, simultaneously!
Assalam Alaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh! (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Welcome to the family, Emily. Glad to have you around. Hope this forum benefits you in all the ways you'd imagined and more, In sha Allah (God Willing). I think you've been told this before, but I'd like to say it again, if you have any questions, just post them here and let the rest on Allah SWT and the brothers and sisters here, without as little as a pinch of hesitation. If they're private, and being a woman you want only the sisters on this forum to see or answer them, make sure you join the Sisters' section, there, you can post your doubts/questions and have some halaal fun, simultaneously!
Assalam Alaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuh! (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Thank you very much! I appreciate the welcome and advice. Maybe I will find my future thanks to this board.....:hijabi: