I am 26 years Old, is it too late for me to marry? Please Advice

truthseeker63

As Salamu Alaikum my question is I just turned 26 years old of age I was born in 1987 my question is is it too late for me to try to marry a Woman I want to but I feel it is a last cause Im not Rich/Wealthy so this may be an issue but Im trying to get better Job Skills I also feel depressed over being single and I have stress and I used to have suicidal issues over this what can I do ? Should I just give up ? I don't want to try websites because they all cost money/credit cards and I don't trust marriage/dating sites thank you​
 ​
 ​

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Wa`alaikum salaam warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh

Brother please don't share your personal information on public forums - it is for your own safety and well-being. There are too many weirdos out there today subhaanallaah.

To answer your question, no it definitely isn't too late for you to marry. I think nowadays more and more brothers are marrying when they're around 25-30 years of age. (At least in the area I live in)
Plus, the prophet :saw: first married at the age of 25 and he wasn't rich or anything, so it's a possibility. Being wealthy is not a must, you just need to have a job so that you're able to provide for your family inshaa'Allaah.

Nureyni Amir

Walaikum Asalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, Marriage is Barakah (Blessing) from Allah Jala Jalalu, So DO NOT despair in the mercy and blessings of Allah swa.

" Do not despair of the mercy of Allah"
Surah zumar ayah 53

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Wa Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Indeed persevere brother and In Shaa Allah you will find a believing and obedient wife.

I don't mean to be negative in this matter but I am hearing more and more of how brothers are not being able to find a suitable wife these days. I wonder if these women have set the scales a bit too high? Also isn't there more women to a man ratio? I just hope it's based on the financial situation of a brother for him to find a wife.

To make matters worse I've read somewhere that the divorce rate in Islam is very high and you would think that there will be more potential women available for marriage.

Allahu Alum.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Wa 'alaykum salaam,

You're letting wiki tell you this? Put it this way, if you, or anyone for that matter were, they'd be one of two ... But Allah has not yet destined it, there is wisdom behind it, such that we can only comprehend in hindsight. Letting our emotional state fall into ruins because of this desire, be it legitimate, is somewhat strange. Marriage is a means, not the beginning, nor end of life, but only a tool in the ocean to get us across, if that too becomes our means to seek His pleasure. He knows your, and all of our times, and to that, we can only say - wait.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

Quite frankly, people have many major problems such as various sicknesses and disabilities, parents who are not Muslims (or unIslamic) and they have patience. I know one brother, he is from Turkey. He is often sick, he has Crohnes disease as well as an illness that effects his bones. - Ma sha Allah he is a lovely brother, and he is handsome too. However, he has to tell the girl all these issues before he marries. He has much patience, he is always happy, and he carries on with his life. Alhamdulillah.

Another brother is very short for a man and he got married, yesterday. He is very happy too alhamdulillah.

What will STOP you from getting married, or anything else in life, is your attitude. You are not "too old", "too ugly", "too late", "too poor", too anything ,nobody is. This is shaitan's trick.

Be confident, happy and get busy with your life. Have goals, both for your Deen and your dunya, make a routine and stick to it. -- If you have a dream, then make goals to reach that dream. Set yourself milestones to accomplish. Do not know how? find people to advise you, and write it down. Force yourself into a routine. You have to have more self-discipline.

Eventually you will get married in sha Allah! It happens easily when Allah wants it to happen!! Remember that.

I have never heard of anyone thinking a man below age of 35 is "too old". A man at age 26, is still progressing, some are even still in full-time education. I am not sure where you are from, but I would guess somewhere in South Asia. Even there I would think many men do get married in their 30s or 40s.

Most sensible people, who have a good reality check, understand that age is just a number. Everyone has their own circumstances, and life is not about WHEN you do something, but HOW you do it. You could be a disbeliever all your life, and then become Muslim right before you die. You could be a Muslim but, what is the point if you start disbelieving and committing shirk and kufr later? The key is patience, Sabr. Allah has mentioned patience in the Quran around 90 times. - The "when" was established when you were born, so now you must think about your "How". What will you do with your life? How are you going to wake up each day? With a smile, and can do attitude? Or moping around and feeling sorry for yourself? - Because how you think about yourself and life, is how thinks inevitably end up.

يا أيها الذين آمنوا اصبروا وصابروا ورابطوا واتقوا الله لعلكم تفلحون

O you who believe, persevere and endure and remain stationed and fear Allah that you may be successful [Al 'Imran 3:200].

The same can be said with marriage, you could get married at age 16, and then live a life of misery by not being content for whatever reason. - Therefore, have some shukr - thanks for Allah, praise Allah. That Allah saves you from things you have no knowledge about!

Read the Qur'an and ponder the words. Listen to the Qur'an. Also read up on the lives of the sahaba, such as Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthmaan, Ali, Az-Zubayr, Khalid ibn Walid and others radhiyallahu annum. Those were real men. They are the kind of men we want to be too. Islam tells men to have courage, be strong, confident and posed to take on life and be leaders for those around them. You can learn and inspire others around you dear brother, and you can be a great lead for your wife too .-- Again, this leads to the HOW in your life. When you get married, how are you going to be a husband? - It should not be with the attitude you are displaying now.

I really hope you will take my advice.

wasalam

Amir

SonOfAdam

Staff member
I know what you are going through brother, you are still young. You are doing the right thing, seeking a better career/money as without this it will be difficult to support a family and the families parents will be less willing to give their daughter away if she will be poor. Unfortunately, many families only wish to marry their daughters to well off people, but there are many that only look at piety and to cover their daughters basic needs. Inshallah you will find a sister soon. Try to find a family friend or someone that already knows your family, that is always the easiest way to get married as both parties know each other well.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brother

You are still young by your ages dear brother,and there is no reason that you be worried about this. Actually, you still have many ages infront of you to plan marriage and your own family.

I think that you should occupy yourself now with getting better education or finding suitable work. I am sure other things will come for you along with this, InshAllah.

May Allah help you and all of us. Ameen summa Ameen.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Khalidbinwaleed

As salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullah:
Please brother, always make this quranic dua:
"Rabbana hab lana min azwajina wa dhuriyyatina qurrata A'yunin waj'alna lil-muttaqina imama."
"Our Lord! grant us in our mates and offspring the joy of our eyes and make us patterns for those who guard against evil." (25:74)
May Allah Bless You

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum

I am 46 and thinking to study new career as nurse of elder people. Am I too old to that?

Noooo I have enough life experience to be excellent nurse.

Never think that you are too old to something.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Masha Allah , you have got informative, and beautiful replies.
Make sure you go through them well (Specially that video Brother. Khalidbinwaleed has posted )
Every matter has its appointed time and do not feel depressed over it Akhi.
You are not too old to get married, since marriage is not scaled by "Age".
Have faith in your Lord and make loadz and loadz of Du'as and Insha Allah He will open up your path soon

Precious Star

As Salamu Alaikum my question is I just turned 26 years old of age I was born in 1987 my question is is it too late for me to try to marry a Woman I want to but I feel it is a last cause Im not Rich/Wealthy so this may be an issue but Im trying to get better Job Skills I also feel depressed over being single and I have stress and I used to have suicidal issues over this what can I do ? Should I just give up ? I don't want to try websites because they all cost money/credit cards and I don't trust marriage/dating sites thank you​
 ​
 ​

Marriage websites are dubious. However, it seems its the women that get duped more than men, so you might be ok.
I find that it is extremely distasteful that the sites make you pay.
Now, in terms of your age, no, you are not too old. Muslim cultures generally give men a bit more wiggle room when it comes to age, than women. It is generally impossible to get married after age 35 if you are a Muslim woman. So you should be ok.

Precious Star

Salam alaykum

Why just this age?
Salam alaykum

Why just this age?

I don't know the rationale sister. I just know that Muslim men are very fussy about age and a woman who is in her late 30s is rarely considered by families who are looking for their sons.
I don't know any Muslim women over age 35 that got married. They are all single and don't receive expressions of interest, myself included. Their parents stop looking after a certain age too. That's just the way it is, especially among Indo-Pakstani's, but I think many Arab cultures suffer from the same prejudices.

But I know many non Muslim women who found their husbands in their late 30s, early 40s, and went on to have happy marriages and even children. But I don't think that is possible if you are Muslim.

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Precious Star, very unfortunate in that they say she has 'passed' her 'time' when in fact there is no passing as such ... her 'time' will come and that is considered the time ... why is it that we believe in qadr in other matters, but here, we play the blame game? May Allah protect every woman from the burden of such rhetoric.

Seeking Peace

I don't know the rationale sister. I just know that Muslim men are very fussy about age and a woman who is in her late 30s is rarely considered by families who are looking for their sons.
I don't know any Muslim women over age 35 that got married. They are all single and don't receive expressions of interest, myself included. Their parents stop looking after a certain age too. That's just the way it is, especially among Indo-Pakstani's, but I think many Arab cultures suffer from the same prejudices.

But I know many non Muslim women who found their husbands in their late 30s, early 40s, and went on to have happy marriages and even children. But I don't think that is possible if you are Muslim.
Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb Sister...

to an extent you are right sister... especially with regards to Pakistan and India...seen people behaving in the most pathetic way....but Subhaan Allah, Allah S.W.T knows better...He works in His own mysterious ways...

W'S..

Precious Star

Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb Sister...

to an extent you are right sister... especially with regards to Pakistan and India...seen people behaving in the most pathetic way....but Subhaan Allah, Allah S.W.T knows better...He works in His own mysterious ways...

W'S..

Allah knows better, yes, but in the meantime Islamic societies have allowed these ideas to proliferate. Why? Only Allah knows why nonmuslim society doesnt care about the age of a woman. Instead, the best a 4o year old Muslim woman can hope for is to be a caregiver to an elderly widower, even though she is young and energetic and can still have children.