Question: What is your favourite Du'a from the Qur'an?

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Asalaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

SubhanAllah there are so many Du'as in the Qur'an and all of them are so precious. We can use these for our every day needs and In Shaa Allah they will be answered.

However, there are two du'as that have a special place in my heart and every time I hear it it pulls at my heart strings.

What is your favourite Du'a from the Qur'an?

Muhsin Khan
And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said: "O my Lord! Make this city (Makkah) one of peace and security, and keep me and my sons away from worshipping idols.
"O my Lord! They have indeed led astray many among mankind. But whoso follows me, he verily is of me. And whoso disobeys me, - still You are indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
"O our Lord! I have made some of my offspring to dwell in an uncultivable valley by Your Sacred House (the Ka'bah at Makkah); in order, O our Lord, that they may perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), so fill some hearts among men with love towards them, and (O Allah) provide them with fruits so that they may give thanks.
"O our Lord! Certainly, You know what we conceal and what we reveal. Nothing on the earth or in the heaven is hidden from Allah.
"All the praises and thanks be to Allah, Who has given me in old age Isma'il (Ishmael) and Ishaque (Isaac). Verily! My Lord is indeed the All-Hearer of invocations.
"O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation.
"Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established."
18:35-41

Muhsin Khan
And Allah has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zalimun (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allah).
66:11

MutlekM

Walaikom Asalam Wa Rahmut Allahi Wa Barakatuh
One of the duas I use the most is "Allahuma Ija3l bayna Aydeehum Sada Wa Min Khalfihim Sada Faghshainahum Fahum La Yabseeroon" lol always work when I pull my phone out in school or drive at high speeds. (btw for those who don't know this dua is used to make people not notice you or to be ignored Wa Allahu 3lim)
Peace :)

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

And (remember) Dhan-Nûn (Jonah), when he went off in anger, and imagined that We shall not punish him (i.e. the calamites which had befallen him)! But he cried through the darkness (saying): Lâ ilâha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allâh)], Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers."

Prophet Yunus (as) du'a, Quran 21:87

There is a great book of Ibn Taymiyya (rahimahullah) mashallah about this du'a that I would suggest inshallah

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Walaikom Asalam Wa Rahmut Allahi Wa Barakatuh
One of the duas I use the most is "Allahuma Ija3l bayna Aydeehum Sada Wa Min Khalfihim Sada Faghshainahum Fahum La Yabseeroon" lol always work when I pull my phone out in school or drive at high speeds. (btw for those who don't know this dua is used to make people not notice you or to be ignored Wa Allahu 3lim)
Peace :)

Stupid, childish and immature....grow up!

rahman2040

PROPHET NUH AS DUA QURAN 11 47

"My Lord , I take refuge with You from asking You for anything about which i have no knowledge. If You do not forgive me and bestow mercy on me, i will be among the lose."
(Hud(11):47)
11_47.png

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Stupid, childish and immature....grow up!
:salam:
Subhaanallah! That was absolutely unnecessary brother. There are far better ways to get your point across besides name-calling...

Back to your question - it's not really possible to have one favorite du`aa as there are so many beautiful ones in the qur'aan maashaa'Allaah. A few of mine,

dua1.gif
Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire (2:201)

dua6.gif
Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate from the truth after You have guided us, and bestow upon us mercy from Your grace. Verily You are the Giver of bounties without measure. (3:8)

dua15.gif
Our Lord! Pour out on us patience and constancy, and make us die as those who have surrendered themselves unto You. (7:126)