Serious I want to know about Sami Yusuf !

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Assalaamu 'alaikum WR WB

In the recent past, shias are spreading so wast in my country.
The websites, the books, the handbills and many more materials which promote shiyaism are encouraging the youth by calling them towards so called Islamic nasheeds and specially towards Sami Yusuf.
Well, I am not backbiting, but I want to know the truth about this artist namely Sami Yusuf...
From some sources I got to know he is a Shiya
Is that true? Can anyone give me authentic information about him?
I used to listen to him in my past and now I neither listen nor I have his collection !!
But I am in a dire need of knowing whether he too is a shiya, 'coz I am writing an awareness article for the local youth (Against Shiya) and I need AUTHENTIC facts about this man Sami Yusuf as well ('coz the muslim shabaab here are his craziest fans !!)
Someone plz help me with it Insha Allah
-If this post is not appropriate Admins plz do remove it :) no offense..

Abu Abdillah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

Allahu A'lam, I believe he is a Sunni from the best of my knowledge. I will try and ask some trustworthy people from Azerbaijan in sha Allah!

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuh sister,

I don't know if he is Shia or not but if I'm not wrong he plays music? So why not writing down an article about music in Islam and invite the youth to get closer to the Qur'an instead? Just a thought...

jazakillahu khayran

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
If you have the time, and I suppose is part of writing an article, watch some of his interviews, he answers a lot of personal questions. From what I know, he is Azari, born in Tehraan, but I doubt he is Shia. I would agree with what has already been said, if it is an article targeted at youth, their listening to him does not depend on his cultural and religious beliefs, as they listen to western music anyway ... Rather an article that serves a purpose to remind that the heart should hold and be inclined towards Allah through immersion of His own Speech, finding that connection, filling that void and devouring its beauty, that would be a more fitting angle for youth. Good luck!

Last edited:

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
wa alaykum salam wa rahamtullahi wa barakatuh sister,

I don't know if he is Shia or not but if I'm not wrong he plays music? So why not writing down an article about music in Islam and invite the youth to get closer to the Qur'an instead? Just a thought...

jazakillahu khayran

I write a lot sister and in the past I had written an article on how I was personally addicted to Music and then so called Nasheeds and how Qur'anic recitations changed my way, Alhamdulillah.
I write about current local issues and since the talk of the town now a days is about Shee'ah, I thought of writing about them.
So I am searching about this artist 'coz most of the shabaab goes behind his Nesheed...
It would be a positive point for me to write about him if he is of shee'ah but I don't wanna write things about a human being without knowing the about him for sure...
the sources many people gave me are not authentic... so am searching for authentic bases :)
if you get to know about him, inform me Insha Allah
shukran sister :)

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
If you have the time, and I suppose is part of writing an article, watch some of his interviews, he answers a lot of personal questions. From what I know, he is Azari, born in Tehraan, but I doubt he is Shia. I would agree with what has already been said, if it is an article targeted at youth, their listening to him does not depend on his cultural and religious beliefs, as they listen to western music anyway ... Rather an article that serves a purpose to remind that the heart should hold and be inclined towards Allah through immersion of His own Speech, finding that connection, filling that void and devouring its beauty, that would be a more fitting angle for youth. Good luck!

yeah Insha Allah I will go through his interviews Insha Allah !
shukran sister ! :)

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
:salam; sister.

On his Wikipedia autobiography, this is what it said :
When asked if he was Sunni or Shia, Yusuf replied "I'm Muslim".
And it referenced to this article written about him, but when I skimmed through it I couldn't find anything related to that...

Anyway, I agree with what was said. Take the other approach and inform them about the impressibility of music - doesn't matter what kind - and then introduce them to a better, more beneficial alternative inshaa'Allaah.

Background information
BornJuly 1980 (age 33)
Tehran, Iran
GenresSpiritique
Occupationsmusician, composer, producer, multi-instrumentalist, singer-songwriter
InstrumentsVocals, piano, keyboard, violin, tar, santour, tombak, oud, daf, saz
Years active2003–present
Labels
Awakening Records 2003–2009
ETM International 2009 – present
Arteffects International(Promoter) VIAWarner Music Group

Religion. = Islam (Distributing Label) 2012 – present
Associated actsIan Brown, Sezen Aksu, Conner Reeves, Babak Radmanesh

http://www.samiyusufofficial.com/

Last edited by a moderator: