Allahu Akbar! Words of Wisdom

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamu'alaykum,

Join me in sharing those memorable passages, the short, sweet words you converse about or what you hear that are bound to stay. Here is one of mine:

"If you're in prayer, take care of your heart. If you're eating, take care of your throat. If you're in another man's house, take care of your eyes. If you're among people, take care of your tongue. Remember two matters and forget two matters: remember Allah and death. Forget any good that you have done to another and any evil that was done to you by another (Luqman alayhi salaam)."

Mahzala

Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, said: Contentment is one of the greatest gateways to Allah. It is the paradise of the world, a repose for gnostics, a life for the lovers, a delight for worshippers and a coolness of the eye for yearners.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
"If a person is sincere towards Allah in all his affairs, Allah will give him more than He gives to others, and this sincerity results from true love of Allah and true trust in Him.

So the most sincere of people is the one who loves Allah the most and puts most trust in Him."

[Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Mahzala

Allah reward you for sharing that. On the topic of sincerity, Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, has wonderful things to say, among the many, this is one, short but deep:

Sincerity is to forget the creation seeing you because of continually looking towards the Creator. Whoever adorns himself before the people with what he does not possess, has fallen from Allah's grace.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

“Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him and it brings no benefit.”

Ibnul Qayyim (May Allah have mercy on him)

It doesn’t make any difference to me anymore whether I wake up to find something I love or something I hate for I do not know what is good for me in what I love or what I hate.

Omar Ibnul-Khattab (RA)

Mahzala

For complaining in times of adversity, Imam Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him said:

"The ignorant one complains about Allah to the people! This is the height of ignorance in complaining and in Whom the complaint is about. For if a person were to truly know his Lord, he would never complain of Him. If he truly knew people, he would never complain to them. The gnostic complains only to Allah, and the most knowledgeable of the gnostics are those who complain to Allah about themselves, not about others. So there are three levels:

1) The most contemptible of them is to complain to people about Allah
2) The middle level is to complain to Allah about others
3) The loftiest of them is to complain to Allah about oneself"

This melted my heart, SubhanAllah.

Mahzala

Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, said I heard Shayk-al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah, may Allah sanctify his soul, say: "Dhikr is to the heart as water is to a fish, see what happens to a fish when it is taken out of water?" I once attended the Fajr prayer with the Shaykh, after which he sat down and engaged in dhikr of Allah until it was almost midday. He then turned to me and said: "This is my morning meal, if I do not partake of it, my strength diminishes."

Mahzala

He, sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam, said: The loners lead the way. We asked, who are the loners? He replied: Those men and women who remember Allah abundantly.

The Dhikr of Allah is Noor for the one remembering Allah, in his heart, speech, grave and on Yaum-ul- Qiyaamah. And through this remembrance, His aid is sought.

Last edited:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
It is reported that ‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd – Allāh be pleased with him – said:

The people will remain upon goodness as long as knowledge comes to them from the Companions of Allāh’s Messenger – Allāh’s praise and peace be upon him, and from their seniors. But when knowledge comes to them from their minors, that is when they will be destroyed.

Ibn ‘Abd Al-Barr, Jāmi’ Bayān Al-’Ilm wa Fadlihi article 1060.

Note
Being upon a good and right path is based on following the knowledge of the Companions and seniors: scholars and people who adhere to the Sunnah, whereas taking knowledge from minors like ignorants and heretics is a sign of destruction.

Mahzala

Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on him, said: Imam Ahmad bin Hanbal said: Zuhd* is of three degrees:

1) Firstly, to avoid the forbidden, this is the zuhd of the common people.
2) Secondly, to avoid what is lawful but unnecessary, this is the zuhd of the elite
3) Thirdly, to avoid everything that distracts one from Allah, this is the zuhd of the Gnostics

*worldly renunciation.

Last edited:

Seeking Peace

Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb...

Beautiful words by Yasmin Mogahed:

"Sometimes we can't see the way out of a situation nor the solution to a problem. Sometimes it's so hard not to give up and lose hope that things can change or get better. But it's at those times that we need reliance (Tawwakul) most. It wouldn't be called trust if we could see the way out or the solution ourselves. Perhaps Al-Wakeel (The Trustee) is making Himself known to you through a situation that you can neither control on your own, nor can you solve. And what greater gift could you be given than to know Him?"

Subhaan Allah...

Mahzala

A moment of patience, in a moment of anger, prevents a thousand moments of regret (Ali Radiallahu 'anhu).

May Allah grant us this remembrance in times of forgetfulness.

Nureyni Amir

It is reported on the authority of Ibrâhîm b. Al-Ash’ath that he said, “I asked Al-Fudayl b. ‘Ayyâd – Allâh have mercy on him – about patience (al-sabr) in the face of adversity and he said, ‘It is to not broadcast it.’ I asked him about asceticism (al-zuhd) and he said, ‘Al-zuhd is to be content with what you have, and that is what it means to be rich.’ I asked him about prudence (al-wara’) and he said, ‘It is to stay away from what is forbidden.’ And I asked him about humbleness (al-tawâdu’) and he said, ‘It is when you submit to the truth and comply no matter who you hear it from; even if it was from the most ignorant of people, you would be required to accept it from him.’” Al-Fudayl Ibn Iyad

Ibn ‘Abd Al-Barr, Jâmi’ Bayân Al-‘Ilm wa Fadlihi Vol. 1 p498

Mahzala

"Don't depend too much on anyone in this world, because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness - (Ibn Taymiyyah may Allah sanctify his soul)."

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. ~ Prophet Mohammed saws

Mahzala

Ibn al Qayyim, may Allah sanctify his soul, said whilst explaining the distinction between true hope and mere wishful thinking:

"The difference between it and mere wishful thinking is that mere wishful thinking involves laziness wherein the person neither exerts himself, nor strives to achieve what he wishes for. Hope, however, entails striving, exertion and beautiful reliance.

The first is like the one who wishes that the earth would plant and own seeds for him. The second is like the one who actually tills the soil, plants the seeds and then hopes the crops will grow. This is why the gnostics are agreed that hope is not correct, except if accompanied by action."

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Shaykh Ibn `Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said,

“Indeed when a person faces calamities with patience [but] without hoping for a reward from Allaah, the calamity will become an expiation for his sins. And if he shows patience along with hoping for a reward [from Allaah], then along with being an expiation for his sins it becomes a good recompense and reward. And the meaning of hoping for Allaah’s reward [al-Ihtisaab] is that a person believes that he will soon be rewarded for the patience [he is showing], so he makes good his thoughts about Allaah and thus Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, will give him [a reward] according to what he thought of Him.”
At-Ta’leeq alaa Saheeh Muslim, p. 342.

Seeking Peace

Shaykh Ibn `Uthaymeen (rahimahullaah) said,

“Indeed when a person faces calamities with patience [but] without hoping for a reward from Allaah, the calamity will become an expiation for his sins. And if he shows patience along with hoping for a reward [from Allaah], then along with being an expiation for his sins it becomes a good recompense and reward. And the meaning of hoping for Allaah’s reward [al-Ihtisaab] is that a person believes that he will soon be rewarded for the patience [he is showing], so he makes good his thoughts about Allaah and thus Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic, will give him [a reward] according to what he thought of Him.”
At-Ta’leeq alaa Saheeh Muslim, p. 342.
just what i needed...JazakAllah-o-Khair..