TurnToIslam September Updates

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Assalamu alaykum

I want to move the site through certain "phases" of updates. Eventually we will have a really amazing unified Muslim social network, where we connect with mosques, imams, students of knowledge etc Definitely I want us to have android and iphone apps, in sha Allah.
Wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmathullahi wa barakaatuh.

Love you bro.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Is this green Ok? Or do you want it more Green green?

We can always change logos, colours, designs later. Imporant part is moving forward and in sha Allah getting more people on board, I will be approaching some brothers to work with me on the backend/programming as well. in sha Allah we can grow enough to entice some students of knowledge and shaykhs to help us out too in sharing knowledge, answering questions etc.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Is this green Ok? Or do you want it more Green green?

Green is ok but... Where are all smileys? Or is here some new rules that smileys are not allowed to come here any more?
bth_Smiley-Crying.gif

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Smileys are still here.... Don't you have text editor with this smiley button View attachment 10142

No, I can´t see kind of editor line at all when I reply to the posts or post new thread. Like if I want to bold some text I have to write commands by myself [b ] [/b ] (without space of course) etc. Also I haven´t seen very much smileys with posts of others too last times.

What is wrong with my options?

*panic*

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
No, I can´t see kind of editor line at all when I reply to the posts or post new thread. Like if I want to bold some text I have to write commands by myself [b ] [/b ] (without space of course) etc. Also I haven´t seen very much smileys with posts of others too last times.

What is wrong with my options?

*panic*

can you make a screen shot?

Does anyone else have similar problem?

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Do you mean this?

0rs2fdtafaoa_t.jpg

Sorry picture is quite small but there is just only text as "replay to Thread". Smileys and everything else as option line disappeared after September updating.

Last edited:

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
Salaam alaikum,

For what it is worth, I'm none too keen on the green. It may be that the contrast isn't high enough, it hurts my eyes a bit. But boring old blue default is fine for me, and it is about choice isn't it?

Sister Herb, are you using a phone? Last time somebody said they couldn't get smileys etc, it turned out they were on the android version of the site, which is different. Obvious question maybe, but sometimes they have to be asked.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
Do you mean this?

0rs2fdtafaoa_t.jpg

Sorry picture is quite small but there is just only text as "replay to Thread". Smileys and everything else as option line disappeared after September updating.

Maybe quite small isn't quite right... I can't see the image at all.

Nothing has disappeared, it looks like there has been new additions actually.

Seeking Peace

Walaikum Salam Wr Wb...

agree with brother Hassan...this color combination is kind of "off putting"...in the beginning it hurt my eyes as well..i don't remember the last color combination (am really bad at that) but it was comforting...remember the feeling of soothing contrast...this combination especially in forums hurts eyes...

W'S..

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member
@Seeking Peace, You can go to style chooser at the bottom left-corner and change it back to the default blue inshaa'Allaah

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Sister Herb, are you using a phone? Last time somebody said they couldn't get smileys etc, it turned out they were on the android version of the site, which is different. Obvious question maybe, but sometimes they have to be asked.

No, I don´t use phone - I use same pc than before those "September updates". After them all options like smileys, buttons to make text bold, underline, "italic" (mean this ), add images, videos etc. when I replay to posts or make new thread just disappeared. So I have to write all commands by hand.

This kind of text editor line like in picture of br Mabsoot sended as:

screen-shot-2013-09-12-at-4-36-36-pm-png.10142

I can´t see at all.

That´s why I am whining here about disappeared smileys...

Hopely problem is just mine.

And yes sis Janaan, sorry my picture is too small but I can´t send it bigger.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
You can still choose Default at bottom left of the page. Where it says "Olive" just choose Default, and that gives a blue theme.

I wish I had more time to change it, I can make another theme based on this olive one, just tell me which bits to change. in sha Allah.

@sister herb I am not sure what the issue is, can you try using another web browser? or another computer? See what happens. You can also try deleting your internet cache, browsing history, cookies.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
After deleting the browsing history I finally can see the text editor line and :SMILY288: all smileys.

Thanks br. Mabsoot - I will send you return tickets back from the Siberia at the first opportunity! :SMILY149:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Thanks br. Mabsoot - I will send you return tickets back from the Siberia at the first opportunity! :SMILY149:

Jazakillahu khayran ukhti. Is there masjid there?

- I changed title/category text to darker green. Should be easier on the eyes in sha Allah

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam:

Since this new editor was brought out, typing replies is giving me very serious lag and sometimes the editor just eats a lot of my letters, maybe because its working too hard on the side to save the draft as I type. Can it be fixed please ? Or am I the only one facing this?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

Since this new editor was brought out, typing replies is giving me very serious lag and sometimes the editor just eats a lot of my letters, maybe because its working too hard on the side to save the draft as I type. Can it be fixed please ? Or am I the only one facing this?

wa alaykum salam. When does the lag begin (word count)?

I used to notice sometimes a lag, but not since I updated the site.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

It begins right from the first few letters.

If Idon't edit my answer this is ho wit appear (If I don't edit my answer this is how it appears)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

It begins right from the first few letters.

If Idon't edit my answer this is ho wit appear (If I don't edit my answer this is how it appears)

Which web browser do you use? (make sure you use the most uptodate web browsers, (that should handle javascript and other things that work in the background). Our site uses the latest technology ma sha Allah lol.