Sisters Advice for Sisters Who Are thinking About Wearing The Niqab

Ukhti_zahra

ashaAllah, there are so many sisters out there who genuinely love to wear the Niqab but are afraid of wearing it for fear of what people might say. To these sisters, here are a few words of advice:
If you have made the intention of wearing the Niqab, Allah will help you- despite your family's or societies disapproval. What is our purpose in life? To worship none but Allah and this also means to be obedient first and foremost to Allah. The moment you start considering the Niqab, ask yourself just one question: Who should I please- Allah or people?
Once you make that decision, you can follow whether you ought to wear the Niqab or not.
I know sisters, saying it is easy enough. But you know what? Allah can make the difficult easy and the easy difficult. Everything is in His Hands and so long as we place our trust in Him, He and He alone will suffice for us.
“And whoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) and He will provide him from sources he never could imagine” [Sura At-Talaaq 65:2-3]
My dear sisters, isn't this guarantee from Allah good enough for us? It's true, we might have to face some difficulties, but those will only be tests of Imaan, Taqwa and patience.
Those sisters whose family are not supportive of their wearing the Niqab, I can only give you consolation from this beautiful Hadith:
Prophet Muhammad sallahau alaihi wasallam said "Whoever sought the pleasure of Allah though it was displeasing to the people then Allah becomes pleased with him, and will make the people please with him, and whoever sought the pleasure of the people though it was displeasing to Allah then Allah becomes displeased with him and will make the people displeased with him" (Ibn Hibban/ Tirmidhi)
This is another great guarantee for us- your family might not accept your Niqab, but if you do it for earning only the pleasure of Allah, even if it costs you your family's displeasure, remember that Allah will make those who were displeased with you, pleased with you, In Sha Allah. Believe in that, accept it and rely on that.
The Hadith mentioned above is a real proof to an incident. A sister I know of really wanted to wear the Niqab but her Mother wouldn't permit her to do so. But MashaAllah, this sister's courage and determination to wear the Niqab was so strong that despite her mother's disapproval, she wore it. Of course, at first her mother scolded her and she had to go through some problems, but do you know what- when Allah wants to help someone, no one and nothing can stop Him. If we are determined on pleasing Allah, He will suffice for us and like that Quranic verse above mentions, "He will make a way for him to get out of every difficulty". So this mother who hated the Niqab, started to admire it after some time, the same women who disapproved of her daughter's Niqab approved of it and in time, her mother became a Niqabi too. Subhanallah!
This story, I'm sure, would be a great source of inspiration for those sisters who are facing difficulties from their families who disapprove of the Niqab. Like I said at the beginning of this post- weigh your options- Please Allah or please people? Through your wearing the Niqab, who knows, you might even inspire your family members who are reluctant of it to wear it someday too, In Sha Allah. And if they do so, you'll be rewarded for it too!
Remember sisters, on the Day of Judgment, it's only you that is going to matter. All the opinion of those around you matter only here- but in the Aakhira we'll come to realize that nothing but Allah's opinion matters. If we realize this fact in this Dunya itself, we can, In Sha Allah, live the live of a true Muslim and a true Mu'min.
Take the decision that matters. Take the decision that will help you in the Aakhira. Take the decision that will bring for you the Pleasure of Allah.

Precious Star

How is she going to go for job interviews if she is wearing a niqab? Very few employers are going to interview someone who will not show their face - so how will she be able to obtain income? also, if she is a doctor or surgeon - how can she treat her patients if her face is covered? If she wants to travel overseas, she will never be able to do so because she won't be able to get a passport -- even if she wants to do hajj. Even a bus pass requires a picture for identity purposes -- how will she get around if she does not have a bus pass?

There are some very practical barriers.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
I'm now of the opinion that wearing a niqab is a personal preference rather than a religious obligation. Nowhere in the Qur'an nor the Hadiths does it say to cover the face. In fact during Hajj it is a requirement to show the face. Also if the niqab was obligatory then the wives of the Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) and the early women believers would have worn the niqab.

Allahu Alum.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

I would advice everyone to read the book 'The Hijaab (Jilbaab) of the Muslim woman as in the Qur'an and Sunnah' by Shaykh al-Albani rahimahullah. It's a clear explanation with authentic ahadeeth mashallah.

PS: Shaikh al-Albani's opinion was that niqab is highly recommended not obligatory - just wanted to add this

Jazakhum Allahu khayran

Last edited:

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Assalamu Alaykum,

I would advice everyone to read the book 'The Hijaab (Jilbaab) of the Muslim woman as in the Qur'an and Sunnah' by Shaykh al-Albani rahimahullah. It's a clear explanation with authentic ahadeeth mashallah.

PS: Shaikh al-Albani's opinion was that niqab is highly recommended not obligatory - just wanted to add this

Jazakhum Allahu khayran

Wa Alaikkum Asalaamu Wa Rahmtullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Thanks sis but I'm not much of a reader apart from the Qur'an and the Hadiths.

It just could be that Muslims are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Jazakhi Allah Khair.

Ukhti_zahra

Assalamu Alaykum,

Jazakhum Allahu khayran
Jazakallah khair for this reply ukhti, I know many wouldn't agree with the Niqaab, and even if I show them the Qur'anic verse, they dont like to agree with it. Subhanallah! The Niqaab indeed is highly recommended and especially at times likes this when Fitnah is rapidly spreading, the need of Niqaab is very very important. and for those who say that the Sahabah did not wear the niqaab, no, they did wear the Niqaab, and we are supposed to follow them.

aimforjannah

ashaAllah, there are so many sisters out there who genuinely love to wear the Niqab but are afraid of wearing it for fear of what people might say. To these sisters, here are a few words of advice:
If you have made the intention of wearing the Niqab, Allah will help you- despite your family's or societies disapproval. What is our purpose in life? To worship none but Allah and this also means to be obedient first and foremost to Allah. The moment you start considering the Niqab, ask yourself just one question: Who should I please- Allah or people?
Once you make that decision, you can follow whether you ought to wear the Niqab or not.
I know sisters, saying it is easy enough. But you know what? Allah can make the difficult easy and the easy difficult. Everything is in His Hands and so long as we place our trust in Him, He and He alone will suffice for us.
“And whoever fears Allah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty) and He will provide him from sources he never could imagine” [Sura At-Talaaq 65:2-3]
My dear sisters, isn't this guarantee from Allah good enough for us? It's true, we might have to face some difficulties, but those will only be tests of Imaan, Taqwa and patience.
Those sisters whose family are not supportive of their wearing the Niqab, I can only give you consolation from this beautiful Hadith:
Prophet Muhammad sallahau alaihi wasallam said "Whoever sought the pleasure of Allah though it was displeasing to the people then Allah becomes pleased with him, and will make the people please with him, and whoever sought the pleasure of the people though it was displeasing to Allah then Allah becomes displeased with him and will make the people displeased with him" (Ibn Hibban/ Tirmidhi)
This is another great guarantee for us- your family might not accept your Niqab, but if you do it for earning only the pleasure of Allah, even if it costs you your family's displeasure, remember that Allah will make those who were displeased with you, pleased with you, In Sha Allah. Believe in that, accept it and rely on that.
The Hadith mentioned above is a real proof to an incident. A sister I know of really wanted to wear the Niqab but her Mother wouldn't permit her to do so. But MashaAllah, this sister's courage and determination to wear the Niqab was so strong that despite her mother's disapproval, she wore it. Of course, at first her mother scolded her and she had to go through some problems, but do you know what- when Allah wants to help someone, no one and nothing can stop Him. If we are determined on pleasing Allah, He will suffice for us and like that Quranic verse above mentions, "He will make a way for him to get out of every difficulty". So this mother who hated the Niqab, started to admire it after some time, the same women who disapproved of her daughter's Niqab approved of it and in time, her mother became a Niqabi too. Subhanallah!
This story, I'm sure, would be a great source of inspiration for those sisters who are facing difficulties from their families who disapprove of the Niqab. Like I said at the beginning of this post- weigh your options- Please Allah or please people? Through your wearing the Niqab, who knows, you might even inspire your family members who are reluctant of it to wear it someday too, In Sha Allah. And if they do so, you'll be rewarded for it too!
Remember sisters, on the Day of Judgment, it's only you that is going to matter. All the opinion of those around you matter only here- but in the Aakhira we'll come to realize that nothing but Allah's opinion matters. If we realize this fact in this Dunya itself, we can, In Sha Allah, live the live of a true Muslim and a true Mu'min.
Take the decision that matters. Take the decision that will help you in the Aakhira. Take the decision that will bring for you the Pleasure of Allah.
AsSalamu Alaikum Sister, I reverted to Islam almost four years ago. From day one I longed to wear Niqab. I longed for the intimate relationship with Allah...it's Greatttttt. I have discovered that the people that had the most issue with my wearing niqab were Muslim women...not my salafi sisters but sisters who did not want their husbands to request that they also wear one. The workplace is different...people are afraid of Muslims but they are not afraid of roasting in the FIRE! Sisters there are several companies that allow you to work from home. If you are single and have to work...Allah will make it easy for you as he alone knows your intention.... Please remember If you wear Niqab....have a actions and attitude that match the modesty of the veil...

Ukhti_zahra

wa
AsSalamu Alaikum Sister, I reverted to Islam almost four years ago. From day one I longed to wear Niqab. I longed for the imtimate relationship with Allah...it's Greatttttt. I have discovered that the people that had the most issue with my wearing niqab were Muslim women...not my salafi sisters but sisters who did not want their husbands to request that they also wear one. The workplace is different...people are afraid of Muslims but they are not afraid of roasting in the FIRE! Sisters there are several companies that allow you to work from home. If you are single and have to work...Allah will make it easy for you as he alone knows your intention.... Please remember If you wear Niqab....have a actions and attitude that match the modesty of the veil...
walaykum salaam warhmathullahi wabarakathuhu ukhti! Masha Allah! Im really glad about that! Hope your doing well In sha Allah! =) Love you for the sake of Allah Habibty! <3