Taliban renew vows to attack Malala

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
The Pakistani Taliban say they will attack the education rights campaigner again if they get the chance.

07 Oct 2013

The Pakistan branch of the Taliban has vowed to attack Malala Yousafzai again if they get the chance, saying the young education rights campaigner has "no courage".

"She is not a brave girl and has no courage. We will target her again and attack whenever we have a chance," Shahidullah Shaid, spokesman for the main Tehreek-e-Taliban, Pakistan's umbrella group told AFP news agency on Monday.

Gunmen sent by the Taliban tried to kill Malala on her school bus on October 9 last year.

The Taliban says the attack on Malala was because of her anti-Islam remarks and not her pursuit of education, "She even used a fake name of Gul Makai to write a diary. We attacked Malala because she was used to speak against Taliban and Islam and not because she was going to school," Shahid said.

Malala has dismissed the threats against her life and repeated her desire to return to Pakistan from Britain, where she currently resides, she said in an interview with BBC.

International recognition

Malala is not a stranger to such threats having first rose to prominence during the Taliban's 2007-2009 rule in Pakistan's northwestern Swat Valley with a blog for the BBC Urdu service chronicaling the struggle of daily life under Taliban rule.

Her publicised criticism of the Taliban and its violent action against girls' schools meant she was soon targeted by the group who shot her in the neck and head on her way home from school last year.

She amazingly survived the attack and bacame a global ambassador for the right of all children, girls as well as boys, to go to school.

Having spread a message of "education for all" across the globe, the 16-year-old, is now among the favourites for the Nobel Peace Prize, which will be awarded on Friday.

She recently was given the RAW in WAR Anna Politkovskaya Award, named after the Russian journalist who was shot dead seven years ago. The award promotes women who have defended human rights.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2013/10/taliban-renew-vow-attack-malala-2013107153959169272.html
----------------------------------------
I think that those "Talibans" haven´t any courage if they enemy is 16-year old school girl.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

"She is not a brave girl and has no courage. We will target her again and attack whenever we have a chance,"

And they will be brave men for targeting a girl?

Seeking Peace

Assalam-o-Alaikum Wr Wb...

malala is a very controversial errrr i don't know what to say "issue, topic, person"...nobody knows who she is and what she is up to...and in complete honesty i don't like her...there have been thousands of deaths of children because of drone attacks but the media, be it western or local, they never bother to even mention those poor kids just once...what is so special about malala???why the special treatment for her???

something that i've learnt from my life experiences that whoever is held dear and important by western world especially by the us of a can never be trust worthy...there are thousand of children who have been killed due to drone attacks why is she above those thousands of children??...her family has been settled abroad, her father being given a higher up position in u.n.o...why???

and last but not the least nowadays media is not something or someone to be believed...there is so much manipulation going on...you can not separate the right from wrong...so at times its really important to try to understand the dynamics behind the scenes...

W'S..

Last edited:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member

malala is a very controversial errrr i don't know what to say "issue, topic, person"...nobody knows who she is and what she is up to...and in complete honesty i don't like her...there have been thousands of deaths of children because of drone attacks but the media, be it western or local, they never bother to even mention those poor kids just once...what is so special about malala???why the special treatment for her???

from my life experiences i've learnt that whoever is held dear and important by western world especially by us of a can never be trust worthy...there are thousand of children who have been killed due to drone attacks why is she above those thousands of children??...her family has been settled abroad, her father being given a higher up position in u.n.o...why???

and last but not the least nowadays media is not something or someone to be believed...there is so much manipulation going on...you can not separate the right from wrong...so at times its really important to try to understand the dynamics behind the scenes...

W'S..

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

What you said may well be true, and I agree. Yes she is meant to be a way for the Western governments to save face, and show people that their war in Afghanistan was to "save women" etc However, she was still a girl when shot in the head, and is still a young lady. It does not befit anyone to be talking about killing her. There do exist those type of hotheaded and ignorant individuals who make her out as an enemy.

wasalam

Seeking Peace

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

What you said may well be true, and I agree. Yes she is meant to be a way for the Western governments to save face, and show people that their war in Afghanistan was to "save women" etc However, she was still a girl when shot in the head, and is still a young lady. It does not befit anyone to be talking about killing her. There do exist those type of hotheaded and ignorant individuals who make her out as an enemy.

wasalam
brother there is no second opinion about that...it is one of the most basic teachings of Islam that life is very precious regardless of who it is (its a generalized statement not applicable to specific situations)...

what i am trying to say is that the very topic is controversial...we don't know what is the THE truth...just a 10 minute search on google and we come to know that even the said attempt on her life, the operation that was carried out to save her life and later on whatever happened carries a lot of confusion...who attacked her is another debatable topic...there has been a very recent attack on a Church in Peshawar and there have been very strong indications that the people who carried out that attack (who claimed to be a part of Taliban) were actually not The Taliban but instead they might have been sent from some other countries...so again like i said we don't know...what is apparent is that she is being given lot of importance for reasons i can not comprehend...

Wallahu Ilm...

Last edited:

Precious Star

"maybe maybe maybe" "might" "apparent"...

I think we have to give this young girl and her companions (who were witnesses) the benefit of the doubt. Truth until proven otherwise.

Can I be really frank with you -- I think you are looking for ways to discredit her story.

To be shot in the head while on your way to school -- it is a horrific tragedy but the point of the story is that she drew attention to the fact that girls and women are targeted by the Taliban daily. Try doing some reading on access to education and health care for girls in Afghanistan and the tribal regions of Pakistan. Also, there have been more recent attacks by Taliban on female health workers who are trying to implement polio vaccinations in Pakistan.

Malala is sending a message. So what if her father has a high position in the government? So what if she has settled abroad? She has financial advantages, so she has used them -- I for one am very very impressed that this girl even kept her head covered while she was in the hospital! She hasn't abandoned any of her Islamic values at all.

Seeking Peace, you are missing the forest for the trees.

Seeking Peace

"maybe maybe maybe" "might" "apparent"...

I think we have to give this young girl and her companions (who were witnesses) the benefit of the doubt. Truth until proven otherwise.

Can I be really frank with you -- I think you are looking for ways to discredit her story.

To be shot in the head while on your way to school -- it is a horrific tragedy but the point of the story is that she drew attention to the fact that girls and women are targeted by the Taliban daily. Try doing some reading on access to education and health care for girls in Afghanistan and the tribal regions of Pakistan. Also, there have been more recent attacks by Taliban on female health workers who are trying to implement polio vaccinations in Pakistan.

Malala is sending a message. So what if her father has a high position in the government? So what if she has settled abroad? She has financial advantages, so she has used them -- I for one am very very impressed that this girl even kept her head covered while she was in the hospital! She hasn't abandoned any of her Islamic values at all.

Seeking Peace, you are missing the forest for the trees.
sister please calm down...you can put your point across in a respectful manner as well...i always hate political debates...but we should never forget that everyone has the right to hold an opinion and express it too...nobody has the right to tell anyone what to and what not to think...thats your opinion and i respect your opinion and expect the same...

for me malala is nobody...i don't care who she is or whatever she is doing...what hurts me is that she has drawn attention for all the wrong reasons...if the so called concerned parties are so concerned about the welfare of children and women in Pakistan and Afghanistan then why are they so oblivious to the children and women being killed in drone attacks???why are they oblivious to the dreadful conditions in which the children and women are being forced to live because of this so called war on terror???

and what story???the story that the media has narrated???and even in that story there are so many loop holes...why???...we need to learn to asses and analyze things from as many angles as possible because nowadays there is so much fitna out there you don't know what is being told is really the truth...

i belong to Pakistan and i very well know the ground realities of Pakistan...i've lived and faced what is happening in Pakistan and what these so called concerned parties are doing to Pakistan...talking the talk is easy but having faced i know where i am coming from...

W'S

Last edited:

Precious Star

sister please calm down...you can put your point across in a respectful manner as well...i always hate political debates...but we should never forget that everyone has the right to hold an opinion and express it too...nobody has the right to tell anyone what to and what not to think...thats your opinion and i respect your opinion and expect the same...

for me malala is nobody...i don't care who she is or whatever she is doing...what hurts me is that she has drawn attention for all the wrong reasons...if the so called concerned parties are so concerned about the welfare of children and women in Pakistan and Afghanistan then why are they so oblivious to the children and women being killed in drone attacks???why are they oblivious to the dreadful conditions in which the children and women are being forced to live because of this so called war on terror???

and what story???the story that the media has narrated???and even in that story there are so many loop holes...why???...we need to learn to asses and analyze things from as many angles as possible because nowadays there is so much fitna out there you don't know what is being told is really the truth...

i belong to Pakistan and i very well know the ground realities of Pakistan...i've lived and faced what is happening in Pakistan and what these so called concerned parties are doing to Pakistan...talking the talk is easy but having faced i know where i am coming from...

W'S

Im sorry if I offended you. I don't think there is anything wrong with a healthy debate.

That being said, I did not realize you were a girl - I thought you were a man/brother and I interpreted your comment as another example of girl-bashing, as that is very common in Indo-Pak cultures. When men see a girl asserting herself, they cast all sorts of aspertions on her. I think that is why I reacted so strongly to your opinion. Please forgive me.

Although, I still maintain that she is setting a good example. I agree with you that there are children dying everyday in PK, Syria, Lebanon etc. But we must also focus on the positive role models. I live in the West. Pakistan is portrayed as a backward, misogynistic country (I've been there, too). When I see girls like Malala, I am pleased because it shows the west that girls in Pakistan can speak English, they go to school, they stand up for themselves, they are loved by their families, etc. It dispels stereotypes.

Seeking Peace

Im sorry if I offended you. I don't think there is anything wrong with a healthy debate.

That being said, I did not realize you were a girl - I thought you were a man/brother and I interpreted your comment as another example of girl-bashing, as that is very common in Indo-Pak cultures. When men see a girl asserting herself, they cast all sorts of aspertions on her. I think that is why I reacted so strongly to your opinion. Please forgive me.

Although, I still maintain that she is setting a good example. I agree with you that there are children dying everyday in PK, Syria, Lebanon etc. But we must also focus on the positive role models. I live in the West. Pakistan is portrayed as a backward, misogynistic country (I've been there, too). When I see girls like Malala, I am pleased because it shows the west that girls in Pakistan can speak English, they go to school, they stand up for themselves, they are loved by their families, etc. It dispels stereotypes.
Khair In Shaa Allah sister...you are my sister in Deen and that is way more important than anything else...may Allah S.W.T have mercy on us all...ameen sum ameen...but we Muslim sisters and brothers badly need to give each other some space...i agree there is nothing wrong in having a healthy debate but it should be held in a healthy environment...even if i was a brother i've every right to have an opinion and express it and be respected for it...i know sister what you are talking about; i've faced it...but not every man/brother is a girl basher...

its not just about malala sister...its about vested interests...she is being used to promote not positivity but negativity...people around the globe think Pakistan is a backward and violent nation because such incidents are highlighted...not many people know that:
-Alhamd-u-lillah Pakistan has world’s largest ambulance and welfare network run by Sir Abdul Sattar Edhi
-world’s youngest certified Microsoft Experts Arfa Kareem and Babar Iqbal are from Pakistan
-Pakistan has world’s youngest civil judge, Muhammad Illyas
-About 50% of the world’s footballs are made in Pakistan
-Dr. Abdus Salam – Nobel prize winner is a Pakistani
-Air Commodore MM ALAM has a world record of shooting down 5 planes in less than a Minute
-Karakoram Highway runs through the northern areas connecting Pakistan with China’s Xingjiang province is often described as ” Eighth Wonder of the World” due to the marvel of civil engineering as it has taken 15 years to complete by the Pakistan Army Engineers in collaboration with China. It’s been labeled as ” World’s highest paved international Road” under world’s toughest terrain
-Pakistan is the first Islamic country to attain nuclear power
-Pakistan has the sixth largest military force in the world
-Pakistan has won 1 Cricket and Snooker and 4 Hockey World Cups
-Pakistan has ruled the world of Squash for years...Pakistan has been the most decorated Squash nation in the world with 14 world opens, Pakistani players have won the Squash World Open 17 times, and British Open 12 times, the highest by any nation.
-Fourth largest broadband internet system of world is in Pakistan
-In the last five years, Pakistan’s literacy rate has grown by 250%, the largest increase in any country to date

and i can go on and on...why these points are not highlighted???

sister this era is era of control via media...media shapes the opinions of masses...masses think Islam is a terrorist religion (Naooz Billah) and at the very same time the fastest growing religion is Islam Subhaan Allah...so what is the reality???...the point i am trying to make is that don't believe everything that media presents because media is run by people who are only keen in pursuing their interests...the politics that is going on right now at the international level is way beyond simple calculations...it might seem very outworldy sort of thing but there is a very big show going on and we don't know how to separate right from wrong...

but thats my opinion...am not into political debates that much but i do believe that we need to understand what is going on around us because we live in this very world..we need to learn to ask questions and try to find out answers on our own not just fed by the media...

may Allah S.W.T guide us to His Path and may He protect us in His Divine Protection...ameen sum ameen..

W'S..

Last edited:

kiana

Just as the Quran commanded, I condemn and sort of offensive violence. I do believe, however, that this young girl is being used by westerners to start some sort of movement against Islam. She is innocent and misled. I pray that Allah will guide her back to Islam and not allow shaytan to deviate her from it.

Arizona Governor Gabrielle Giffords was also shot in the head. How is it that despite American healthcare quality, Giffords is left with a huge dent in her skull, whereas Malala looks as if she was never touched by a bullet?

Precious Star

I do believe, however, that this young girl is being used by westerners to start some sort of movement against Islam. I pray that Allah will guide her back to Islam

Malala is being led away from Islam??? Are you serious? How? What indications are there that she is deviating from Islam?

If you watch her talk, she has a facial droop on one side. That is likely the result of the bullet to her head.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Arizona Governor Gabrielle Giffords was also shot in the head. How is it that despite American healthcare quality, Giffords is left with a huge dent in her skull, whereas Malala looks as if she was never touched by a bullet?

American Health Service sucks compared to the good ol' NHS.

The girl herself is innocent. She and her family are bettering their lives, which most people in their situation (having come from a poor country) would do. She is though very much being used by the UK and USA as part of their propaganda efforts rather than a genuine form of charity, compassion and altruism, otherwise of course the many Iraqi and Afghan orphan amputeed children would also be living it up in the UK.

kiana

Malala is being led away from Islam??? Are you serious? How? What indications are there that she is deviating from Islam?

SubhanAllah sister, we don't see the agenda now, but in time Allah will expose everything. Fifty years ago, Women's Rights Movement started for something in the path of justice, but we now know many women today are confused between freedom of choice and dis-inhibition.

If you watch her talk, she has a facial droop on one side. That is likely the result of the bullet to her head.

I just did some research, just as I encourage all of my brothers and sisters to do before making any conclusions in life. By looking at the pictures, you see the bandage is above the left eyebrow. Facial droop would indicate a lesion in the facial nerve. Facial nerve exists the skull below the ear. Sister, how do you explain that?

My conclusion: I do have sympathy for a situation where any human being is penalized for his or her attempt to initiate a progressive society, but we must first verify the data is correct. Even if it is correct, we as Muslims should investigate and understand fully why this situation has occurred. Once we fully understand it, we then must weigh in the benefits and risks of exaggerating this issue. If will cause the Muslim world to re-evaluate itself and focus on rebuilding an Ummah where Muslim countries can share wealth, scholarship, and compassion, then by all means, hand me a "I support Malala" T-shirt. However, if exaggerating the issue will lead to acceptance of drone attacks on Muslims, more Islamophobia, and a bad fabricated reputation for my religion, then I'm sorry, but I will forget this Malala girl ever existed.

But of course, I will exaggerate something more important to me. 426 Muslim children, much younger than Malala, will never have recognition. Any clue on who they are? I doubt it. 426 children were deliberately infected with HIV virus in 1998 in Libya by foreign medical workers. Justice was never served. IF you truly want to be a good Muslim, fight for those children first, then worry about Malala. Malala is doing great right now. Great food, great sleep, great time. Unlike her, however, the survivors of that disgusting and ETERNALLY unforgivable act are dying a horrible and painfully slow death.

Precious Star

SubhanAllah sister, we don't see the agenda now, but in time Allah will expose everything. Fifty years ago, Women's Rights Movement started for something in the path of justice, but we now know many women today are confused between freedom of choice and dis-inhibition.

I just did some research, just as I encourage all of my brothers and sisters to do before making any conclusions in life. By looking at the pictures, you see the bandage is above the left eyebrow. Facial droop would indicate a lesion in the facial nerve. Facial nerve exists the skull below the ear. Sister, how do you explain that?

My conclusion: I do have sympathy for a situation where any human being is penalized for his or her attempt to initiate a progressive society, but we must first verify the data is correct. Even if it is correct, we as Muslims should investigate and understand fully why this situation has occurred. Once we fully understand it, we then must weigh in the benefits and risks of exaggerating this issue. If will cause the Muslim world to re-evaluate itself and focus on rebuilding an Ummah where Muslim countries can share wealth, scholarship, and compassion, then by all means, hand me a "I support Malala" T-shirt. However, if exaggerating the issue will lead to acceptance of drone attacks on Muslims, more Islamophobia, and a bad fabricated reputation for my religion, then I'm sorry, but I will forget this Malala girl ever existed.

But of course, I will exaggerate something more important to me. 426 Muslim children, much younger than Malala, will never have recognition. Any clue on who they are? I doubt it. 426 children were deliberately infected with HIV virus in 1998 in Libya by foreign medical workers. Justice was never served. IF you truly want to be a good Muslim, fight for those children first, then worry about Malala. Malala is doing great right now. Great food, great sleep, great time. Unlike her, however, the survivors of that disgusting and ETERNALLY unforgivable act are dying a horrible and painfully slow death.

Your comments about the trajedies inflicted on other Muslim children are correct. But it is not a competition for the "best muslim trajedy" story. The Taliban's target of Malala is a worthy lesson, it is not diminished by other trajedies. Muslim girls cannot be the subject of violence. The Taliban are instigating violence against women and girls. This is an act that we as muslims cannot condone. Education is a basic right in the West, that is why they are making a big deal about it. But really, that phrase, "Teach a mother to read and you teach a whole family" is pertinent -- and that is why girls should be educated.

In terms of the other trajedies inflicted against muslim (and non-muslim) children, of course we should take a stand. I have a question for you, however. With all the children being injured and killed, where are the muslim nations in extending their medical and financial support? They hide. Saudi Arabia has some state-of-the-art hospitals and universities -- do they jump in and rescue these children? Are they administriing the polio vaccinations -- why is Pakistan one of only 3 countries left in the world with polio? All those Iraqi children who are orphaned or injured -- is there a mass campaign to have them removed to safety, to muslim homes in other countries? No.

I recall the floods in Pakistan a few years ago, watching the shocking pictures of families withering in camps. Let me tell you that Pakistan refused to help its own people. There is wealth in Pakistan; hence the footballs and the Microsoft expert and the ambulance service etc. But the money during a crisis is never diverted towards the people who need it.

We need to look in our own backyard, in our own communities, to determine why our children are languishing. The world operates based on cause and effect.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
By looking at the pictures, you see the bandage is above the left eyebrow. Facial droop would indicate a lesion in the facial nerve. Facial nerve exists the skull below the ear. Sister, how do you explain that?

Assalamu alaykum. I do not think it is right to speculate on a person's injuries. In my opinion it is distasteful to do so. Whether or not she was shot in the head is not the issue. Your points still hold as valid, even without discrediting Malala's tragic story. i.e. Malala was shot for her stand on girl's education, she was whisked away and became a prized propaganda asset. Whilst at same time many Afghan children are killed in Drone attacks and whose names are lost and forgotten to much of the world.

I don't mind Malala receiving recognition, but I strongly believe the stories of the other Afghan victims and their families should receive an equal amount of coverage. Those children who have been orphaned, blinded and disabled are as much brave or even more than Malala.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
her dad is a communist and there are even pics of her speaking at a communist party speech.

and i dont take my stories from the kuffar , maybe one day the media will say this site wants to kill littles girls , then we must all believe it also?

Salam alaykum

Someone who told to be brave soldier and from Taliban shoot her to the head.

HirraJaved

something that i've learnt from my life experiences that whoever is held dear and important by western world especially by the us of a can never be trust worthy...there are thousand of children who have been killed due to drone attacks why is she above those thousands of children??...her family has been settled abroad, her father being given a higher up position in u.n.o...why???

and last but not the least nowadays
media is not something or someone to be believed...there is so much manipulation going on...you can not separate the right from wrong...so at times its really important to try to understand the dynamics behind the scenes...

W'S..
I agree thats exactly what i was thinking when i heard about this. Like its not even important, media is just trying to block out the more important stuff because they dont want to look bad. Instead they make Islam look bad when really the American government is the real terrorist. They lied about Bin Ladin and al qaeda making people believe we're against them. They lie about a lot and they have many secrets. Like the new world order they are planning. That will eventually lead to the end of the world. So i guess all of this is just signs that its coming.